Something is wrong with Props shop. Everytime i try to trial a big synth, freezes at 2.4gb. Bullshit

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
mreese80

29 Mar 2017

This is not the first this has happened. If it's small, no problem. I tried to download Antidote last year, froze. I tried to download Hydronexus, froze. I'm trying to download Aquios X4, and once again it froze. Now when i try to redownload after this has happened, it was always tell's me my trial has up. Excuse my language but how in the fuck is that possible. This is why i don't have any Re's. There's not many to choose from and when i do this shit happens...(only the big ones). It's been over an hour now. Is this how it goes? Should it take forever to download? Anybody...Somebody

Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

frog974new

29 Mar 2017

i've meet those problems .

some quick tips ^^
- open the manager for RE
- delete the broken buid you've all ready DL
- delete cache for this Re
- go on your Properllhead account
- retry to DL the trial on your rack page account ( on Properllehead , not on the shop )

When there's a new synth with more 2Gb size , wait 2 or 3 days after the Launch of the Re , the server sometimes are too busy on the shop :)

Be carefull , if need to have the last update of Codemeter to avoid some trouble/bug for Re with more 2gb size

mreese80

29 Mar 2017

frog974new wrote:i've meet those problems .

some quick tips ^^
- retry to DL the trial on your rack page account ( on Properllehead , not on the shop )

When there's a new synth with more 2Gb size , wait 2 or 3 days after the Launch of the Re , the server sometimes are too busy on the shop :)

Be carefull , if need to have the last update of Codemeter to avoid some trouble/bug for Re with more 2gb size

I got it installed. I went to my account and hit download and it took no longer than 5 minutes to install if that. weird. Wish this would've been the case on previous re's i tried. I never even got to trial those. Well, this re is no big deal. The youtube preview sounds great. But this isn't nothing special. imo. It's surely not a nexus killer. I'm not hearing nothing that i don't hear in Nexus. I'm gonna keep going through these patches but i'm not that impressed. The GUI should be redone or made darker.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

tiker01

30 Mar 2017

Get the latest authorizer! I think it fixed this issue.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

FLVZ

30 Mar 2017

mreese80 wrote:

some quick tips ^^

I got it installed. I went to my account and hit download and it took no longer than 5 minutes to install if that. weird. Wish this would've been the case on previous re's i tried. I never even got to trial those. Well, this re is no big deal. The youtube preview sounds great. But this isn't nothing special. imo. It's surely not a nexus killer. I'm not hearing nothing that i don't hear in Nexus. I'm gonna keep going through these patches but i'm not that impressed. The GUI should be redone or made darker.
Dude no disrespect but you're all over the forums dishing out 5 minute reviews on products after going through a bunch of presets. If you don't actually know how to use your tools you aren't even going to get close to acquiring results. Do yourselves a favour, download the manual give it a good read, open an old track you like (made in Reason obviously) and see if you can rework it designing and tweaking patches. Reason is not like other daws, there is more to it than just sitting sifting through patches (tbh I think the only REs with preset banks I'm impressed by are Predator & PX7 with the huge legacy bank of retro sounds. I have trialled atleast a dozen including Expanse & Legend).

mreese80

30 Mar 2017

Flavolous wrote:
mreese80 wrote:

some quick tips ^^

Dude no disrespect but you're all over the forums dishing out 5 minute reviews on products after going through a bunch of presets. If you don't actually know how to use your tools you aren't even going to get close to acquiring results. Do yourselves a favour, download the manual give it a good read, open an old track you like (made in Reason obviously) and see if you can rework it designing and tweaking patches. Reason is not like other daws, there is more to it than just sitting sifting through patches (tbh I think the only REs with preset banks I'm impressed by are Predator & PX7 with the huge legacy bank of retro sounds. I have trialled atleast a dozen including Expanse & Legend).
Chill out dude. if you have a problem with my post, do yourself a favor and move a long. Everything you just said was a waste of time directing that at me. I've been on reason since version 2. I am very aware of what it is. No rookie here. If i don't like something, i don't like something. If something isn't working right, it isn't working right. You just focus on how you reason.

mreese80

30 Mar 2017

tiker01 wrote:Get the latest authorizer! I think it fixed this issue.
I'm up to date on that. It just does that for some reason every time it's had a large bank. I went to my account, reattempted the download and downloaded quick under five minutes.

FLVZ

30 Mar 2017

mreese80 wrote:
Flavolous wrote:
mreese80 wrote:

some quick tips ^^

Chill out dude. if you have a problem with my post, do yourself a favor and move a long. Everything you just said was a waste of time directing that at me. I've been on reason since version 2. I am very aware of what it is. No rookie here. If i don't like something, i don't like something. If something isn't working right, it isn't working right. You just focus on how you reason.
You build verdicts on the REs you've downloaded based on their presets? You tell me to chill out when I'm trying to give you a simple bit of advice about a comment you made, yet you used the word "Bullshit" in the title of this post. I don't think I've come across anyone using that sort of language in here. Rookie or not you come off as a naive kid because of the way you're putting yourself across. The first words in my comment were "Dude no disrespect," which usually means I was not trying to offend you. So rather than build on the discussion you palmed me away without actually addressing the point I put across for you.

superpop

30 Mar 2017

mreese80, what your hard drive file system? FAT32?

mreese80

30 Mar 2017

Flavolous wrote:
mreese80 wrote:
Flavolous wrote:
mreese80 wrote:

some quick tips ^^

You build verdicts on the REs you've downloaded based on their presets? You tell me to chill out when I'm trying to give you a simple bit of advice about a comment you made, yet you used the word "Bullshit" in the title of this post. I don't think I've come across anyone using that sort of language in here. Rookie or not you come off as a naive kid because of the way you're putting yourself across. The first words in my comment were "Dude no disrespect," which usually means I was not trying to offend you. So rather than build on the discussion you palmed me away without actually addressing the point I put across for you.
"Bullshit" for every time i've tried to download a big synth it always froze. Than, my trial was expired. This time, i went to the shop and it was there. Downloaded from there. As far as language goes, i've seen far worse on this worse. And that word wasn't directed at nobody. I'm far from a kid man. Nothing naive this way. Move on dude. I'm not with the back on the internet. peace

Oquasec

30 Mar 2017

Well since 60mbps internet is the same price as cable...and has been for years and years...
and 6mbps internet [my previous speed] being able to download a 10gb file in 5 hours...
Uh...get better internet?
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

esselfortium

30 Mar 2017

Oquasec wrote:Well since 60mbps internet is the same price as cable...and has been for years and years...
and 6mbps internet [my previous speed] being able to download a 10gb file in 5 hours...
Nah, this has been a recurring problem with shop downloads for a lot of people. My internet connection is great, but I've occasionally had to try a bunch of times to get a big download to work in Authorizer. It's a pain.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

mreese80

30 Mar 2017

esselfortium wrote:
Oquasec wrote:Well since 60mbps internet is the same price as cable...and has been for years and years...
Nah, this has been a recurring problem with shop downloads for a lot of people. My internet connection is great, but I've occasionally had to try a bunch of times to get a big download to work in Authorizer. It's a pain.
Nah, my internet is fine. It's not my authorizer either. I went into my account, clicked on rack extensions, and attempted again from there. It downloaded no less than 5 minutes. Maybe it was quick because previously it was halfway done and stuck...idk. But that sure worked.

joeyluck

30 Mar 2017

I've had it fail here and there mostly because of Internet interruptions. It would be nice if the Authorizer would at least handle downloads by picking back up where they last left off. Or if separate download links could be provided as backup options. Probably not optimal for the shop experience as the user would have to move the file to the proper folder manually, but would allow the user to use a download manager of their choice. Of course, the Authorizer would still need to run for the authentication side of things.

Oquasec

30 Mar 2017

I get similar issues in studio one also, .98 kb/s when I'm using 60mbps internet.

[Studio one lets you backup all your soundcloud tracks in minutes also a good feature for propellerhead to think of for the next versions]
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

apoc123
RE Developer

01 Apr 2017

mreese80 wrote:This is not the first this has happened. If it's small, no problem. I tried to download Antidote last year, froze. I tried to download Hydronexus, froze. I'm trying to download Aquios X4, and once again it froze. Now when i try to redownload after this has happened, it was always tell's me my trial has up. Excuse my language but how in the fuck is that possible. This is why i don't have any Re's. There's not many to choose from and when i do this shit happens...(only the big ones). It's been over an hour now. Is this how it goes? Should it take forever to download? Anybody...Somebody

I HAVE HAD THIS ISSUE BEFORE! I HAVE THE PROPELLERHEADS DIRECTIONS TO FIX THIS....

I addressed the Folks at Propellerhead and they defined the exact problem. Its n to your internet or download speed. It is due to the high volume of users downloading the product and there server bandwidth is exceeded therefore incomplete downloads and errors. Propellerhead told me to download the RE at a late time at night when most people trying to download are sleeping so there servers are less busy. I tried this and it worked like a charm! Hope this helps....

• Information