The Aquios X4 is in the Prop Shop....

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Iggster

04 Apr 2017

It looks to me from the write up, sound samples and videos that this has very few bass presets (if any)?

Could anyone confirm before I bring my slow network connection to it's knees downloading 4.2 GB of data! Thanks

FLVZ

04 Apr 2017

Iggster wrote:It looks to me from the write up, sound samples and videos that this has very few bass presets (if any)?

Could anyone confirm before I bring my slow network connection to it's knees downloading 4.2 GB of data! Thanks
There are 4 bass presets. Astoundingly small number, however it's pretty easy to pitch an instrument within a preset -12 semis and then cycle through the instruments. It seems to have presets within presets; though I've not actually had a proper look at it or read the manual. Just downloaded it in advance for when i have time to have a look.

miscend

04 Apr 2017

Hydronexius has loads of bass patches. Maybe they didn't want them to overlap too much?

Iggster

04 Apr 2017

Thanks guys! I've noticed even the Soundcloud songs have no bassline and are more cinematic but i'll still take a look!

FLVZ

04 Apr 2017

Iggster wrote:Thanks guys! I've noticed even the Soundcloud songs have no bassline and are more cinematic but i'll still take a look!
I watched two long videos covering this instrument when it first got released, and I'm a little surprised both commentators didn't mention the presets within presets, because that was one of the first things I noticed. So sometimes its better to pick something up yourself and ignore the hype or hate.

Loque

15 Apr 2017

I just had time to trial this thing and well, its nothng for me. The sounds are very uninspired, sometimes just noisy, overlayed, thin and weak, the GUI is "lost in space" and the worst thing is the ultra heavy loudness peaks while zapping through the patches (sry, i dont want to blast my speakers).

Well, a few sounds are quite usefully but nothing i must need to have. This thing is not for me.
Reason12, Win10

QVprod

15 Apr 2017

Flavolous wrote:
Iggster wrote:Thanks guys! I've noticed even the Soundcloud songs have no bassline and are more cinematic but i'll still take a look!
I watched two long videos covering this instrument when it first got released, and I'm a little surprised both commentators didn't mention the presets within presets, because that was one of the first things I noticed. So sometimes its better to pick something up yourself and ignore the hype or hate.
Actually one reviewer did actually (Azure Eyes). Knowing the flexibility of workstations and being able to change out parts makes the Presets within presets not so impressive, but it is a bit more tweakable than Hydronexious

Michaellos

16 Apr 2017

After trying Aquios X4 for a couple of weeks I can say that I'm not buying it in it's present mode. I like the way it sounds, but all these tiny, hardly recognisable knobs, meaningless and unnecessary grid in the upper part of the instument make the gui inreadable and annoying. Loud clicks while going through some patches with peaking loudness are finally killing the wish to have it. I take care of my monitors and don't want to damage them. I hope that devs are reading this and will fix all these drawbacks. But as for now, I have deleted it today morning.

artotaku

26 Apr 2017

I tried Aquios X4 and found:
  • Pads, strings, leads and piano patches sound pretty good, fat and wide when all four instruments are activated. It´s definitely an option to quickly dial in super saw and lush pad sounds for trance like music genre.
  • The UI is not very appealing, as others pointed out, the upper half should be reworked, too tiny controls which are obfuscated by the busy background.
  • there should be a way to control more than one instrument at once, e. g. to change cut off freq for all instruments. My workaround is to put the device in a combinator and assign a rotary to the cut off freq of all four instruments.
  • lacks patches in the bass department but lead sounds can be pitched down and "misused" as bass patches
To sum up: Sounds very good, usability/UI should be rethought.

dustmoses

23 Sep 2017

Trialed this a while ago, didn't think it was worth full price, bought it for $59 (sale right now) satisfied customer, tons of sounds I can use from this.

tobypearce

23 Sep 2017

Seems a good deal right now actually, when compared to Layers.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

seqoi

26 Sep 2017

Sound appear to be more then decent but man this gotta be the worst interface i ever saw in software. It provoke chaos in my head. What where they thinking? Tripping?!! If they update it and make it more readable i might consider it.

Hell just removing that nonsense brick texture should improve things by far.

• Information