The Aquios X4 is in the Prop Shop....

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
apoc123
RE Developer

29 Mar 2017

Hi fellow propellerheads,
It's here in the Prop Shop, everyone go ahead and try out the Aquios X4 Workstation ROM RE for a test drive!

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ation-rom/
IMG_2144.JPG
IMG_2144.JPG (674.71 KiB) Viewed 5004 times

frog974new

29 Mar 2017

nice ^^
all ready a huge fan of the Rom Hydronexius Re , can't wait to discover this new synth after the 4.2 Gb DL :)

Electric-Metal

29 Mar 2017

Got this one on Trial atm. Steppin through the presets and really like it so far.
The only thing that´s buggin me when tweaking patches are some tiny, hardly recognisable knobs & buttons. But besides that a pretty cool Synth.
Kudos DNA Labs :thumbs_up:
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Oquasec

29 Mar 2017

There can never be too many of these plugins.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

29 Mar 2017

Some nice sounds, liking the Brass ones and it's very low DSP usage, ran 50 copies on my little i7@2.6 laptop, between 3 to 4 bars... Very nice :)

Just trying to get my head around selecting the instruments, it seems one instrument is made up of 4 parts but can you select each part separately? (I can see I have a lot of control over each part)

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

29 Mar 2017

This had better be good - I'm bored waiting for it to finish downloading :(

Grum.

Michaellos

29 Mar 2017

There's no introductory discount :(

fieldframe
RE Developer

29 Mar 2017

Electric-Metal wrote:Got this one on Trial atm. Steppin through the presets and really like it so far.
The only thing that´s buggin me when tweaking patches are some tiny, hardly recognisable knobs & buttons. But besides that a pretty cool Synth.
Kudos DNA Labs :thumbs_up:
To be completely honest, the user interface for Aquios is kind of a big regression from Hydronexius. Hoping DNA Labs cleans it up a bit in a future revision.

Oquasec

29 Mar 2017

OHHHH yoooos this on sdk 2.5 or is it 8 ready?
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

zeebot

29 Mar 2017

Sound Test Room have done a cool vid about it :puf_smile:

I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Creativemind

29 Mar 2017

Looks damn nice that does!

The bottom half here was expandable in the Props shop. Does this mean since the SDK update, you can now do dropdowns like you can do with Thor, Dr.Octo.Rex etc with Rack Extensions?
Attachments
Aquios.JPG
Aquios.JPG (83.86 KiB) Viewed 4697 times
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

esselfortium

29 Mar 2017

The shop defaults all large graphics to a partial view with an expand button. Expandable REs still aren't a thing yet.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

CR68

29 Mar 2017

sorry the gui is for me unreadable... it sounds good but with this gui and tiny knobs i will not buy it....

Creativemind

29 Mar 2017

CR68 wrote:sorry the gui is for me unreadable... it sounds good but with this gui and tiny knobs i will not buy it....
I don't think it's that bad but it is about time Reason allowed full rack devices to go full screen mode.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

ejanuska

29 Mar 2017

CR68 wrote:sorry the gui is for me unreadable... it sounds good but with this gui and tiny knobs i will not buy it....
I could understand if there was a lack of real estate on it, but there's a lot of empty space.

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

29 Mar 2017

Can't argue with this - a lot of REs are a bit tricky to see but this sets a new standard!

Grum.

fieldframe
RE Developer

29 Mar 2017

This is not bad. A little chaotic, but restrained enough to look like a professional musical instrument. This, on the other hand:

This... is a mess. It looks like the Photoshop train ran off the tracks and spilled Wordpress backgrounds and trance DJ fonts all over the hillside.

mind2069

29 Mar 2017

I have to agree, the top part GUI is awful, when it was previewed, I thought, is just to make it look intentionally messy for previewing, like they often do, never would I have expected it to be the final release.

2 things to fix it up

Make the top background like the bottom, get rid of the toned grid.
Make the small knobs the size of the cut off/ res (medium)

mreese80

29 Mar 2017

trialing this now. Nothing i haven't heard from Nexus imo. Still going through patches. I see there are 4 layers. Can we change the layers or not?
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

scratchnsnifff

29 Mar 2017

I actually love the look of this device looks rather trippy and robotic can't wait to try it out :D do people prefer this or hydronexus which gives you more control? I unfortunately wasted my hydro trial a while back because my internet couldn't download the trial luckily that's changed what do people gotta say?
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

joeyluck

29 Mar 2017

esselfortium wrote:The shop defaults all large graphics to a partial view with an expand button. Expandable REs still aren't a thing yet.
    It also seems to adjust the size, stretching the images making them not look as nice...

Seems like something that should be fixed. Or are developers asked to upload screenshots larger than the rack size?

Jonathan10

29 Mar 2017

Sound seems alot better than hydronexis but i feel like i cant control the thing. With that said, 4 audio outs on the back and just about the best sounding presets I've heard on a rack factory bank so i will likely buy. I wish they did their ADSR like heavyocity aeon re. And why no modulation matrix? This thing sounds clean but is really not very tweakable. Maybe just need to spend some more time with it. The viking 2, that was more up my ally.
    :refill:

FLVZ

30 Mar 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:I actually love the look of this device looks rather trippy and robotic can't wait to try it out :D ?
    I agree I think the criticisms on UI in these forums are rather harsh. The writing needs more contrast and maybe a slightly tighter font. I hate how everyone wants every synth to be similar to one another in design and workflow, but it make sense in terms of efficiency. If you spend a minute or two with any RE though you'll soon get used to the workflow.
    Jonathan10 wrote:Sound seems alot better than hydronexis but i feel like i cant control the thing. With that said, 4 audio outs on the back and just about the best sounding presets I've heard on a rack factory bank so i will likely buy. I wish they did their ADSR like heavyocity aeon re. And why no modulation matrix? This thing sounds clean but is really not very tweakable. Maybe just need to spend some more time with it. The viking 2, that was more up my ally.
    I agree, it seems to be limited in tweakability, not even comparable to VK2 in all honesty, I see this as more a library or bank of super high quality sounds. The biggest selling points (imo based on first impressions) are: the huge library of sounds, the analog modelled filters and the sound quality! Its a little disappointing that you can't choose the waveforms yourself and you can only re-mix from the bank (correct me if I'm wrong, not accessed the trial yet), which means sometimes you're going to stacking waveforms from different patches in a combinator to get access to more combinations.

electrofux

30 Mar 2017

I havent trialled but first thing i noticed was that the UI is pretty messy and cheesy. The Hydronexus already was cheesy with the insane size of controls for not so spectactular stuff like Delay, Reverb or Distortion suggesting this is something extremely cool or innovative. And the layout of things didn't really make you comprehend what the hell is going on with the device again suggesting something really extraordinary is going on when it is "just" an IDT.

On this however everthing is all over the place even more, bad unreadable fonts at times vertical labeling (very bad), tiny knobs, ALOT of wasted space, and the background graphics make stuff even more unreadable (at least in the upper part). Take the FX controls, they are very tiny when at the same time the whole FX section has so much wasted space. I have the feeling one third of the size can be saved while still having bigger knobs.

On the other hand the sound is really nice and IDTs have a very good CPU use. Since i am a Controller Freak and would map stuff to my controllers the UI is not that important. So i am still considering since i am looking for that kind of sound. Price is high though AND THERE IS NO LIST OF REMOTE ITEMS. I hate it when companies dont provide that information and i never understood that this isn't a requirement for publishing in the Propshop.

frog974new

30 Mar 2017

hum.. any else having this problem , after DL the all 4.2Gb my manager Rack extension notice me the Files are corrupted/broken , i can't install it .
    i tried 3 times yesterday , and 2 times today

i'm on Reason 8 , do we need reason 9 ..?
    its seems the props. shop meet some bug and servers 're to busy ,

• Information