Zvork: the man behind Oberon 2

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ReasonTalk

29 Mar 2017

As many of you already know, Oberon 2 is on its way to the rack of Reason 9 users in the form of a paid upgrade. On this occasion we talked to Zvork the the man behind Noxious, Oberon, Le Space, etc. We asked him about his background, the early days of Rack Extensions, and future plans of course. We hope you will enjoy!

https://www.reasontalk.com/2017/03/zvor ... -oberon-2/

dioxide

29 Mar 2017

Great interview, I really enjoyed reading that!

Loque

29 Mar 2017

Quite interesting interview...

Wavemodifiers for Oberon2...ok...i am curious how the morph feature will work or if there is support for Serum like wavetables.
Reason12, Win10

platzangst

29 Mar 2017

Loque wrote:i am curious how the morph feature will work or if there is support for Serum like wavetables.
Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it, seeing as how this looks to be an additive-based system. Even if it could import them I'd wager it would handle them much differently than Serum or even Expanse.

That said, this is encouraging for me, in that it is another type of sample manipulation we haven't yet had directly in Reason.

Exowildebeest

29 Mar 2017

Nice interview!

@Platzangst: "handle differently" could be very interesting...

I must admit I haven't used Oberon much since I bought it, V2 might breathe new life into it.

Loque

29 Mar 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:Nice interview!

@Platzangst: "handle differently" could be very interesting...

I must admit I haven't used Oberon much since I bought it, V2 might breathe new life into it.
I thought the same, that it could be interesting. I also use it rarly, because the patches are not the good and its a bit weird to program. But the free definable morph is realy interesting and i still miss a sample morph RE. It is on my todo list to try some of the tools that can do this.
Reason12, Win10

bsp

29 Mar 2017

I actually like Noxious and would like to see Zvork build on this concept in the future. The stackable spectral operators / mods are very cool.

Oberon is a nice synth, too, although I probably prefer Noxious (at least I have used it more often than Oberon).

Both synths are very technical and I can see why they have not been "hits" like e.g. Predator but I am glad that we have devs that create more experimental synths and I for one will continue to (financially) support this.

I would like it if Zvork's synths had an additional, more traditional (per-voice) filter module. I like digital sounds through analog-sounding filters.

Oberon 2 sure sounds interesting, looking forward to it.

MannequinRaces

30 Mar 2017

Cool interview. Always good to read about the different developers!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2017

bsp wrote: Both synths are very technical and I can see why they have not been "hits" like e.g. Predator but I am glad that we have devs that create more experimental synths and I for one will continue to (financially) support this.
I said something similar to that the other day, they are so underrated, even with sample loading, Oberon is still the only RE that you can draw in your own wave...

Great interview...

thala

30 Mar 2017

Loque wrote:Quite interesting interview...

Wavemodifiers for Oberon2...ok...i am curious how the morph feature will work or if there is support for Serum like wavetables.
are serum wavetables still wav files? thats the point. but you arent limited to 256 waves in a table. if you want you can drop a 5min audio file into oberon 2 and resynth a complete stem!!! you get more of a harmor workflow!

sorry for teasing, but this makes it really outstanding. if you want serum go for expanse. if you want flexible elastic audio like in harmor, oberon 2 is your beast!

Oquasec

30 Mar 2017

these synths apart of reason 9?
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2017

Oquasec wrote:these synths apart of reason 9?
They are Rack Extensions that you purchase separately however they need Reason 9.2 to run them.

Oquasec

30 Mar 2017

Alrighty so skipping those till reason 10 then, thanks for the info yo props put those modules in there the players not enough
Producer/Programmer.

Kenni
Site Admin

30 Mar 2017

Oquasec wrote:Alrighty so skipping those till reason 10 then, thanks for the info yo props put those modules in there the players not enough
Reason 10 won't happen for at least 20 months, historically speaking. Reason is a DAW now, they can't include everything in the package.

Reason 9 was well worth the upgrade price in my opinion.

Sendt fra min Nexus 6P med Tapatalk
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Oquasec

30 Mar 2017

Reason became a daw at 5. [What I started on but it had support for vsts since rewire/midi ox been around]
Producer/Programmer.

tiker01

30 Mar 2017

Kenni wrote:
Oquasec wrote:Alrighty so skipping those till reason 10 then, thanks for the info yo props put those modules in there the players not enough
Reason 10 won't happen for at least 20 months, historically speaking. Reason is a DAW now, they can't include everything in the package.

Reason 9 was well worth the upgrade price in my opinion.

Sendt fra min Nexus 6P med Tapatalk
Yes I wouldn't hold my breath till 10 for sure.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Oquasec

30 Mar 2017

Reason got an update every 1-3 years.
Producer/Programmer.

Karim
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2017

Oquasec wrote:Reason got an update every 1-3 years.
in last times every 2 years I suppose... I mean the important ones (7 to 8
.. 8 to 9, and so on..

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Oquasec

30 Mar 2017

Mhm. last time I skipped 6 & 7. 9 needs more shit so I wait for 10.
:P
Producer/Programmer.

dustiraw

25 Nov 2017

Great interview! Though it made me slightly worried about the problems I may face in the future with the SDK lol.
Dusti Miraglia
Sound D-Sine Music
https://LearnSoundDSine.com
Dusti@LearnSoundDsine.com
Check out the blog I run over at https://unison.audio/blog/ for extensive In-depth production related lessons and tutorials!

• Information