Distillery - In the shop!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Libraquaricorn

18 Apr 2017

joel wrote:
Libraquaricorn wrote:
I too had problems triggering distillery with the matrix until I pressed play on the transport panel. So you need to run the whole track to get distillery working with a sequencer. I'm not sure if that really is your problem but I figured I should mention it since that kept me scratching my head for a while anyway.
thanks for the answer but it's not the problem because i dont use matrix
when i play one note with the keyboard, i should hear a sound but i see only the midi signal in distillery
i bought it without trying,
i lost my money ?
What sound source do you run through distillery?
Have you tried turning everything off and then on again? Computer, midi keyboard, everything. I'm pretty sure you'll get it to work eventually.. If you put distillery inside a mix channel as a send effect or inside a combinator you must remember to right click distillery and choose "create track for [distillery patch name]" to make it work with a midi keyboard. Don't give up!

joel

18 Apr 2017

geronimo wrote:The Distillery module has audio input and output jacks to receive signal from an Instrument ; then it can modulate the sound source according to its settings.
But it is true that isolated, it produces no sound.
of course, i create first an instrument, then distillery, :
it's well connected but no sound
very strange
i tried spectre , fritz , it's perfectly working but not with distillery
it' realy a bug, i think
i changed the patches but no change

Libraquaricorn

18 Apr 2017

joel wrote:
geronimo wrote:The Distillery module has audio input and output jacks to receive signal from an Instrument ; then it can modulate the sound source according to its settings.
very strange
it' realy a bug, i think
Forgive me if I'm saying something stupid here but you cannot - to my knowledge anyway - trigger both the instrument - say a synth - and distillery at the same time via the midi keyboard, so you'll have to sequence the instrument or run it if it's a loop on the dr. octo rex.

joel

18 Apr 2017

Libraquaricorn wrote:
What sound source do you run through distillery?
Have you tried turning everything off and then on again? Computer, midi keyboard, everything. I'm pretty sure you'll get it to work eventually.. If you put distillery inside a mix channel as a send effect or inside a combinator you must remember to right click distillery and choose "create track for [distillery patch name]" to make it work with a midi keyboard. Don't give up!
i use any instrument, it's the same
when distillery is connected to an instrument, a track is automaticly created withe the name of the patch
and when i play on the keyboard, i see the fader of the device moving
it"s working but with no sound
the problem does't come from my system because when i use another device like friz or spectre spectral delay from the bundle, i hear the sound

joel

18 Apr 2017

Libraquaricorn wrote:
joel wrote:
very strange
it' realy a bug, i think
Forgive me if I'm saying something stupid here but you cannot - to my knowledge anyway - trigger both the instrument - say a synth - and distillery at the same time via the midi keyboard, so you'll have to sequence the instrument or run it if it's a loop on the dr. octo rex.
maybe it's the problem , you're right
in the manuel, they describe all the fonctions but dont explain anything about how to use it
we need a video
i bougth also spectre and when i play on the keyboard, the fader move and i hear sound but not with distillery
on the manuel of distillery they said::
The main display contains the per-note settings for the granular looper. Each note between
C0 and B6 stores its own set of parameters to create a unique beat-looper, gated-stutter
and/or pitch shifter-like gesture which gets activated when that particular note is played.
To access the parameter settings for a specific key, just send the MIDI note to Distillery, either
via your MIDI keyboard or Reason’s “On-screen Piano Keys” tool.

Libraquaricorn

18 Apr 2017

joel wrote:
the problem does't come from my system because when i use another device like friz or spectre spectral delay from the bundle, i hear the sound
The difference between distillery and spectre/fritz is distillery has to be triggered by midi or sequencer to work while spectre/fritz does not.

Suggestion for basic testing:

create a dr octo rex in the rack and click run
you should hear a boring drum loop playing
then right click dr octo rex and choose distillery from the menu
then play a key on your midi keyboard.
That's all it should take to actually hear distillery in action.

If that does not work then I don't know what's wrong

joel

18 Apr 2017

Libraquaricorn wrote: Forgive me if I'm saying something stupid here but you cannot - to my knowledge anyway - trigger both the instrument - say a synth - and distillery at the same time via the midi keyboard, so you'll have to sequence the instrument or run it if it's a loop on the dr. octo rex.
thank you, i didn't understood the use of the device , my english is poor
it's working with dr octo rex , i hear sound
when you say to sequence an instrument, you mean a device like matrix ?
thank you again for your help

Libraquaricorn

18 Apr 2017

joel wrote:
Libraquaricorn wrote: Forgive me if I'm saying something stupid here but you cannot - to my knowledge anyway - trigger both the instrument - say a synth - and distillery at the same time via the midi keyboard, so you'll have to sequence the instrument or run it if it's a loop on the dr. octo rex.
thank you, i didn't understood the use of the device , my english is poor
it's working with dr octo rex , i hear sound
when you say to sequence an instrument, you mean a device like matrix ?
thank you again for your help
Yes, that's exactly what I mean! I'm so happy you figured it out :-) You can sequence a synth with the matrix or any other sequencer (the PSQ-1684 is an awesome - but quite costly - alternative that I'd recommend) or you can record midi notes into the reason sequencer first and then "play" distillery when you play back the sequence. Or you can record audio and then use distillery on that as you play it back. The possibillities are endless. Have fun :thumbs_up:

geronimo

18 Apr 2017

Libraquaricorn wrote:Forgive me if I'm saying something stupid here but you cannot - to my knowledge anyway - trigger both the instrument - say a synth - and distillery at the same time via the midi keyboard, so you'll have to sequence the instrument or run it if it's a loop on the dr. octo rex.
You're correct: sorry, I forgot to explain that I had plugged a Matrix on the Distillery.
Quick and light explanations from me because I just brought up this Distillery in demo-versionn to explain at joel and find what is not suitable.

For my part, I managed to work with this Distillery the first time.

joel

19 Apr 2017

geronimo wrote:
Libraquaricorn wrote:Forgive me if I'm saying something stupid here but you cannot - to my knowledge anyway - trigger both the instrument - say a synth - and distillery at the same time via the midi keyboard, so you'll have to sequence the instrument or run it if it's a loop on the dr. octo rex.
You're correct: sorry, I forgot to explain that I had plugged a Matrix on the Distillery.
Quick and light explanations from me because I just brought up this Distillery in demo-versionn to explain at joel and find what is not suitable.

For my part, I managed to work with this Distillery the first time.
a demo version :puf_smile: will be nice and very useful

geronimo

19 Apr 2017

joel wrote: a demo version :puf_smile: will be nice and very useful
But, it's exists ! :think:

GRIFTY

20 Apr 2017

hoo boy. is this thing like a programmable buffre?

• Information