Fresh Mixfood Orange V2 !

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Majestik Monkey

15 Mar 2017

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/mixfood-orange/

You've been Tang 'ode ;) Very nice Bou , thanks for the Update ........... :mrgreen:
Attachments
MFO v2.png
MFO v2.png (996.97 KiB) Viewed 3524 times
Last edited by Majestik Monkey on 17 Mar 2017, edited 1 time in total.

scratchnsnifff

15 Mar 2017

I have this little synth I think it's alright, it mainly is a dust collector in my rack but I like the idea of it at least! I dig the new look is it a free update? And I think my issue with this device is that there was too much going on in the UI I like how it has tons of options but at the same time I find it hard to use il have to give it another go :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

pbc278

15 Mar 2017

Just to add...
It's on sale for €/$ 19 (54% discount).
Greets from the Netherlands,
Studio Corbach
Bou

----------------------------     
GET MIXFOOD HERE

riemac

15 Mar 2017

I like the new look better than the old golden one, thanks.

dvdrtldg

15 Mar 2017

Oh man. That's... hideous lol

OverneathTheSkyBridg

15 Mar 2017

dvdrtldg wrote:Oh man. That's... hideous lol
Haha yeah that's tough to look at. Gonna trial it when I get home, seeing as it caught my attention.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

MDTerps2015

15 Mar 2017

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:Oh man. That's... hideous lol
Haha yeah that's tough to look at. Gonna trial it when I get home, seeing as it caught my attention.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Its a decent synth. There are so many darn waveforms and so many buttons and knobs. I think it looks just fine. I think its one of the very few synths with pure clarity out of the box. I foe compare the sound of this to lets say the Korg monopoly, you will see what I mean.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

dvdrtldg

15 Mar 2017

Oh yeah it's a decent synth, I got it when it first appeared and use it quite a lot. And yes it's a well designed UI. I'm just referring to the orange & white makeover, which imo is super nasty. But who cares, in terms of sound and features it's great value at the current price

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2017

I haven't tried it so I can't comment on the sound and quality of this synth. From what I've read people seem to like it though.

But personally I could never work with a GUI like this. It's like staring into a traffic light. I would need to rest my eyes every ten seconds. I'm not that fast when it comes to making patches.

But some people seem to dig the new look. Each to their own I guess.

JJGreen

16 Mar 2017

Yikes ! Orange backgrounds. Orange text. Orange Orange Orange ! This thing is about as subtle as Donald Trump.

Hasn't this sunth gome through many visual iterations? I vaguely recall a green and red version? A brown and silver version and a green and blue version.

lowpryo

16 Mar 2017

i think it looks more fun and unique than it did before. i can see why people wouldn't like it, but i don't really have an aversion to bright colors that much. as long as the entire DAW doesn't become orange I'm good.

satyr32

16 Mar 2017

from a professional view, the design now is much better and more sophisticated. the orange color might be a no-go for some people, me personally i like the colors.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

OverneathTheSkyBridg

16 Mar 2017

I'm really enjoying the trial of this synth actually. You can really put together some nicely layered patches very quickly. I think I can get past the UI,and the fact that its on sale makes me quite likely to pull the trigger on this one. Aaaaand... just bought it haha :) I made the mistake of holding off on Solaris too many times and then they upped it to the new SDK. Not for this one!

Majestik Monkey

17 Mar 2017

pbc278 wrote:Just to add...
It's on sale for €/$ 19 (54% discount).
Hi Bou '

Would you be kind enough to put a Mono switch on any further update of Unison ! :thumbs_up:

FLVZ

19 May 2017

I cant get this RE to open, in Reason 9 or the beta installation. Nothing happens when i drag a patch to rack or when click create. anyone else experienced this bug ?

MDTerps2015

20 May 2017

JJGreen wrote:Yikes ! Orange backgrounds. Orange text. Orange Orange Orange ! This thing is about as subtle as Donald Trump.

Hasn't this sunth gome through many visual iterations? I vaguely recall a green and red version? A brown and silver version and a green and blue version.
unfortunately it can't stand alone like Hilldebeast. Needs help from two or three just to step off a curb. And at least it has borders. Trump is your president.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

electrofux

20 May 2017

I had this issue when i had only 4gb of Ram.

FLVZ

22 May 2017

electrofux wrote:I had this issue when i had only 4gb of Ram.
I have 32gb...how did you rectify it ?

Grinder One

28 May 2017

My God, just sync'd all for the first time in months....what the hell did you do to Orange ?
I loved this synth, now I can't see a thing. Reason's tiny detail has always been bad enough unless you've got young eyes or wear glasses but now, well this synth is basically rendered useless in my rack.
Why radically change the appearance of a synth from that which was purchased....imagine buying a Ferrari and then getting up one morning to find it's been painted green....it's just simply, not what I bought.

clone

29 May 2017

Wow. Way too much going on in that synth, no thanks.

• Information