Red Rock Sound extensions on sale

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Kenni
Site Admin

14 Mar 2017

Hi all,

Latest update from the Echo bot!
red_rock_sound_sale.PNG
red_rock_sound_sale.PNG (66.64 KiB) Viewed 1786 times

Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

eusti

14 Mar 2017

Thank you, Kenni! :)

D.

Bumbum

14 Mar 2017

is that 202 Exciter any good ?

Karim
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2017

Bumbum wrote:is that 202 Exciter any good ?
Not bad... [emoji2]

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

GRIFTY

15 Mar 2017

no. i regret buying both the exciter and the "bass enhancer". if you want an excellent exciter i recommend the Relight Harmonic Exciter, that one is worth every penny. If you want bass enhancement put your money towards Kuassa EVE-MP5. To reiterate, i do not recommend either red rock product at all. The exciter is very harsh and unusable and the bass enhancer doesn't do anything but add mud.

Vyckeil

15 Mar 2017

GRIFTY wrote:no. i regret buying both the exciter and the "bass enhancer". if you want an excellent exciter i recommend the Relight Harmonic Exciter, that one is worth every penny. If you want bass enhancement put your money towards Kuassa EVE-MP5. To reiterate, i do not recommend either red rock product at all. The exciter is very harsh and unusable and the bass enhancer doesn't do anything but add mud.
I want to add that I have the same experiences with these and confirm what GRIFTY said, although anecdotal. With that said, try it yourself and make your own mind.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2017

Imo no.
I like other stuff from Red Rock like Red70 and RE3Q Six-band Equalizer. C1-L1 Vintage Compressor is pretty cool too.
But I can't say the same for their exciter unfortunately.

But hey, make sure to try out stuff for yourself. Other peoples opinions regarding music gear can be pretty useless, not that other people are wrong, it's just that what works for one person might not work another.

Loque

15 Mar 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:
Imo no.
I like other stuff from Red Rock like Red70 and RE3Q Six-band Equalizer. C1-L1 Vintage Compressor is pretty cool too.
But I can't say the same for their exciter unfortunately.

But hey, make sure to try out stuff for yourself. Other peoples opinions regarding music gear can be pretty useless, not that other people are wrong, it's just that what works for one person might not work another.
Agree, the exciters sound bad, harsh and muddy.

The C1-L1 is great, but its a port of a free VST that costs now 60 as a RE... Weird...
Reason12, Win10

dvdrtldg

15 Mar 2017

I'll put in a good word for the 202 Exciter, I think it's fine. That "harshness" is a subjective assessment, and in some situations I like it a lot. Plus I like the fact that you can mix wet & dry signal. It's not a magic awesomeness machine by any means, but it's a good buy at $25

Agree about the bass enhancer though, bit of a dud

lowpryo

15 Mar 2017

I also like the 202 Exciter. to me, any exciter gets harsh if you use it improperly. but it's fine for adding a slight tinge of brightness that can't be achieved with just EQ.

JJGreen

16 Mar 2017

Has that note drifting problem been fixed in Red70? I seem to remember it was all over the place when it came out

Noplan
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2017

I had no good results.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2017

JJGreen wrote:Has that note drifting problem been fixed in Red70? I seem to remember it was all over the place when it came out
I don't think it was a drift problem. I think it was just tuned wrong. And yes that issue is fixed.

• Information