RE sampler

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Fidel1993

26 Feb 2017

Hello guys!

I'm going to talk to you about what I want to see on the new RE wave, using the new SDK, I'm a R8 user, and I'm not intending to update, but maybe I'll get Reason Essentials to get this new REs.

The thing is, we have the classic NN19 and the great NNXT, both of them are great samplers, no doubt about that, but when you want a sample on different notes, keys, etc and every note having the same lenght, you have to transpose them on the sequencer, or else it will be stretched by the sampler. I want to see a sampler like the Ableton Simpler/Sampler, or maybe like the Native Instruments Form, they are great and offers amazing tools to mangle audio data and samples, and they play the samples always having the same lenght, that's what I want to see.

I know now we have Proton, but I prefer a classic sampler, not a granular one, which is great by the way, I will get Proton some day, or a classic sampler with the features of Form, which offers curves for the sample playback, some kind od Massive's performer, but related to sample playback.

Have a nice day guys, cheers! :D
:reason: 8.3.2

EdGrip

26 Feb 2017

I have also been thinking that the different pitch/same length thing needs addressing - but Noel started a rumour that the Props are working on a new sampler...

bpmorton

26 Feb 2017

Keep in mind that files are not compatible between R9 and R9 Essentials. You'll have to work in one or the other.

Benedict
Competition Winner

26 Feb 2017

Timestretching samplers are relatively new technology and definitely don't represent fundamental laws of nature. They are a fudge - and a very clever one - so use a lot more CPU to do their tricks. While interested in this tech I am really waiting for Props as they have proven their ability to deliver wonderful instruments with superb CPUsage.

Props obviously have this technology in some form as audio in the Sequencer changes time very seamlessly. That suggests that it is only a matter of time before they find a way to roll it into an instrument.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Okami

27 Feb 2017

I would really love that. what was the rumour exactly?

East Island

27 Feb 2017

A sampler like NI Form as RE will be cool.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... nths/form/
A Controle Freak. Loves Logic&Reason&Luna ;) , remote controllers.
https://soundcloud.com/east-island

MirrorEyEs

01 Mar 2017

I would like to see on board pitch, time stretch and frequency shifting, with some kind of per grain macro's/quick editing and optional individual control of it would be nice! Yeah along with all the standard play head features. That's all easy ehh, now get on with it :lol:

Laid out in typical Props fashion so it's easy to use as a basic sampler but you can go bat shit crazy and edit every tiny detail if you so wish.
Reason 12 - Horrible plastic M-Audio Oxygen 49 and a battered pair of Sony MDR V6 cans

dustmoses

14 Mar 2017

I would like an RE sampler. It would be best to focus on quick user made samples IMO. Things like DAC emulations, better filters, LFOs, etc.

If possible conversion of a different (outside reason) samplers format.

I would not like a third party RE focused on Kontakt level libraries, as I think unless Propellerheads develops this the number of users would not justify the amount of time required to make such a library.

DJDark2010

22 Mar 2017

If Probs working on a new sampler, I would like to have compatibility to kontakt :)
Maybe it could be happend, because they also included NI´s sync ...

Oh, that would be so great. I have so nice samplepacks, and it´s a shame to resample them to NNXT and they dont sound like before :(

noelcampbelljnr

22 Mar 2017

DJDark2010 wrote:If Probs working on a new sampler, I would like to have compatibility to kontakt :)

Oh, that would be so great. I have so nice samplepacks, and it´s a shame to resample them to NNXT and they dont sound like before :(
I agree. Props have to make it compatible with Kontakt format!!! if they don't, its a failure. I think they hoped that a lot of developers would convert their kontakt libraries to the IDT format. But that has not worked out at all. I think the RE Sampler they are creating should be as universal as possible and not limit developers and users. If we can buy sample packs in Kontakt format outside the props shop and are free to use them it will be a huge success.

Although as props have made all their recent decisions to maximize profit I wouldn't be surprised if they try gouge the user more and limit the number of developers that get onboard. I really hope they listen to the users for once.

Anyway if one of the moderators like joeyluck want to jump on here and quash this talk and explain why Props have never made a bad product or have never made a bad decision and it would be in all the users interests if we are limited more and very few developers get on board feel free, it normally happens around these types of posts :)

esselfortium

22 Mar 2017

noelcampbelljnr wrote:Anyway if one of the moderators like joeyluck want to jump on here and quash this talk and explain why Props have never made a bad product or have never made a bad decision and it would be in all the users interests if we are limited more and very few developers get on board feel free, it normally happens around these types of posts :)
I'm not a moderator here, and I frequently roll my eyes at joeyluck's posts, but it's obvious that this sort of antagonistic nonsense is intended to provoke so that you can say "I told you so!" when you get any sort of (deserved) response. Meanwhile, joeyluck hasn't even posted in this thread. Maybe you would get in fewer arguments if you stopped trying to manufacture them.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Reasonistas
RE Developer

22 Mar 2017

EdGrip wrote:but Noel started a rumour that the Props are working on a new sampler...
That's not what I wrote.
Noel G. wrote:Their new Re sampler is insane....oops did I just say this out loud? :puf_bigsmile:

I said "Their", meaning someone's sampler, not necessarily Ph or any current Re developer in the shop. Stay tuned ;)
ImageImageImage

joeyluck

22 Mar 2017

noelcampbelljnr wrote:Anyway if one of the moderators like joeyluck want to jump on here and quash this talk and explain why Props have never made a bad product or have never made a bad decision and it would be in all the users interests if we are limited more and very few developers get on board feel free, it normally happens around these types of posts :)
Hey I replied to your PM days ago and I know you opened it because it's no longer in my outbox.
I answered your silly question in case it wasn't obvious the multiple times I answered you in the other thread.
So quit trying to instigate and make accusations when you know they are false. Thanks.

joeyluck

22 Mar 2017

DJDark2010 wrote:Maybe it could be happend, because they also included NI´s sync ...
Are you referring to Ableton's Link?

PGR

22 Mar 2017

DJDark2010 wrote:If Probs working on a new sampler, I would like to have compatibility to kontakt :)

Before a RE sampler have compatibility to Kontakt, Reason need first support streaming samples from harddisc

noelcampbelljnr

22 Mar 2017

joeyluck wrote:
Hey I replied to your PM days ago and I know you opened it because it's no longer in my outbox.
I answered your silly question in case it wasn't obvious the multiple times I answered you in the other thread.
So quit trying to instigate and make accusations when you know they are false. Thanks.
The watchers have become the watched ;) lighten up Joey

noelcampbelljnr

22 Mar 2017

esselfortium wrote:
I'm not a moderator here, and I frequently roll my eyes at joeyluck's posts, but it's obvious that this sort of antagonistic nonsense is intended to provoke so that you can say "I told you so!" when you get any sort of (deserved) response. Meanwhile, joeyluck hasn't even posted in this thread. Maybe you would get in fewer arguments if you stopped trying to manufacture them.
No, I just lost patience with the "Everything Propellerheads decide to do is amazing" brigade stopping all dissenting opinions on the forum. It's no longer a discussion and becoming more of a cult on here. Fighting back to restore some discussion.

esselfortium

22 Mar 2017

noelcampbelljnr wrote:
esselfortium wrote:
No, I just lost patience with the "Everything Propellerheads decide to do is amazing" brigade stopping all dissenting opinions on the forum. It's no longer a discussion and becoming more of a cult on here. Fighting back to restore some discussion.
You're not "fighting back" against anything by making a callout post attacking someone who wasn't even part of this conversation, you're just looking for a fight. It's transparent and juvenile, not to mention completely off-topic from the thread and ought to just be split out of it.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

noelcampbelljnr

22 Mar 2017

esselfortium wrote:
noelcampbelljnr wrote:
esselfortium wrote:
You're not "fighting back" against anything by making a callout post attacking someone who wasn't even part of this conversation, you're just looking for a fight. It's transparent and juvenile, not to mention completely off-topic from the thread and ought to just be split out of it.
No its on topic Sarah. Read the full post. Don't split out half the post. Anyway what's your thoughts on the RE Sampler?

selig
RE Developer

22 Mar 2017

noelcampbelljnr wrote:

I agree. Props have to make it compatible with Kontakt format!!! if they don't, its a failure. I think they hoped that a lot of developers would convert their kontakt libraries to the IDT format. But that has not worked out at all. I think the RE Sampler they are creating should be as universal as possible and not limit developers and users. If we can buy sample packs in Kontakt format outside the props shop and are free to use them it will be a huge success.

Although as props have made all their recent decisions to maximize profit I wouldn't be surprised if they try gouge the user more and limit the number of developers that get onboard. I really hope they listen to the users for once.

Anyway if one of the moderators like joeyluck want to jump on here and quash this talk and explain why Props have never made a bad product or have never made a bad decision and it would be in all the users interests if we are limited more and very few developers get on board feel free, it normally happens around these types of posts :)
You keep complaining about how bad it is here - and yet you're still here.
PM me for help if you're still struggling to understand our evil ways.
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

noelcampbelljnr

22 Mar 2017

selig wrote:
noelcampbelljnr wrote:

;)
If I leave Selig all this forum will be is a bunch of moderators talking about how good an idea Allihoopa is and how revolutionary the drag and drop feature is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Unfortunately I will be sticking around buddy. I am the voice of reason on here (pun intended) ;)

selig
RE Developer

23 Mar 2017

noelcampbelljnr wrote:
selig wrote:
noelcampbelljnr wrote:

;)
If I leave Selig all this forum will be is a bunch of moderators talking about how good an idea Allihoopa is and how revolutionary the drag and drop feature is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Unfortunately I will be sticking around buddy. I am the voice of reason on here (pun intended) ;)
Good to hear, the last thing we need is a "bunch of moderators talking about how good an idea Allihoopa is".

Glad we have such a reasonable and factually accurate voice such as you're here to balance those out of control moderators.

I'm behind you all the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

normen

23 Mar 2017

selig wrote:Good to hear, the last thing we need is a "bunch of moderators talking about how good an idea Allihoopa is".

Glad we have such a reasonable and factually accurate voice such as you're here to balance those out of control moderators.

I'm behind you all the way.
Its also good that somebody is finally making clear that free speech means voicing ones opinion without having to deal with other opinions!

kitekrazy

23 Mar 2017

noelcampbelljnr wrote:

Wishful thinking. Any sampler outside of Reason will only load Kontakt 2 samples. After that they all have copy protection. They just need to make a sampler that has similar workflow to Kontakt. The NNXT is a cumbersome sampler to program. That's why you see so few developers. You will even have less developers if a sampler is an RE. That means less control of pricing and distribution.

• Information