PSQ-1684 v3.1.0 is in the shop! [Updates]

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
rcbuse
RE Developer

10 Nov 2017

PSQ-1684 has been updated to 3.1.0

Added:
* Pop-up menus for sequencer parameters.
* Sequencer Velocity and Aux
* Added sequencer mode Shift Register Position

ejanuska

10 Nov 2017

Drops phone....runs to computer.

artotaku

10 Nov 2017

+1
Nice. Gate Length per step to tie notes as in Thor would be nice. I know it´s possible via mod matrix to control the width but takes up a lot of slots. Or is there another workaround?

kefkekeyser

11 Nov 2017

rcbuse wrote:
10 Nov 2017

Added:
How does Sequencer Velocity and Aux work? Cannot find it in the manual (manual download link points to a manual for version 3.0.0).

ejanuska

11 Nov 2017

kefkekeyser wrote:
11 Nov 2017
rcbuse wrote:
10 Nov 2017

Added:
How does Sequencer Velocity and Aux work? Cannot find it in the manual (manual download link points to a manual for version 3.0.0).
On the bottom right of the sequencer, click where it says "knobs".

ejanuska

11 Nov 2017

What a great update.
The extra sequencer outputs are great.

Emian

11 Nov 2017

rcbuse wrote:
10 Nov 2017

Added:

OMG thx for the sequencer Velocity !!!! and the rest :D

This and Korde are my favourite sequencers for my Rack synths, & i believe there's a new sequencer comming, after seein' a tease on your Facebook...

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

seqoi

12 Nov 2017

Emian wrote:
11 Nov 2017
rcbuse wrote:
10 Nov 2017

Added:

This and Korde are my favourite sequencers for my Rack synths, & i believe there's a new sequencer comming, after seein' a tease on your Facebook...
What tease? Please post picture here for us who don't use facebook..

Love Panda stuff...

Emian

12 Nov 2017

seqoi wrote:
12 Nov 2017
Emian wrote:
11 Nov 2017

What tease? Please post picture here for us who don't use facebook..

Love Panda stuff...

i don't know why, but it seems the Panda's Facebook-page has disapeared.... but i'm sure i saw a tease a few weeks ago !

rcbuse
RE Developer

12 Nov 2017

Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 9.29.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 9.29.35 AM.png (11.24 KiB) Viewed 6509 times

rcbuse
RE Developer

12 Nov 2017

Emian wrote:
12 Nov 2017

i don't know why, but it seems the Panda's Facebook-page has disapeared.... but i'm sure i saw a tease a few weeks ago !
I have left both facebook and twitter.

sdst
Competition Winner

12 Nov 2017

rcbuse wrote:
12 Nov 2017
Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 9.29.35 AM.png
Propulsion 2? :o

different shuffle for every lane would be great

Emian

12 Nov 2017

rcbuse wrote:
Emian wrote:
12 Nov 2017

Ok that's cool. I'm glad I wasn't imagining things [emoji16]

Lookin'ffwd to what you're cooking!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn FEVER met Tapatalk

Bumbum

15 Nov 2017

rcbuse wrote:
12 Nov 2017
As a panda fanboy, i approve this :thumbs_up:
cant wait propulsion update

theshoemaker

15 Nov 2017

rcbuse wrote:
10 Nov 2017

Added:

Is it possible to set the sequencer values in the matrix before quantizing? Or did I just do something wrong with the setup. I'd love to have an alternative Panel for the Sequencers W-Z as I really don't like the knobs. I'd like to have something like a custom display. Thats why I thought using a Matrix or some other device for setting and even randomizing the values.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

rcbuse
RE Developer

15 Nov 2017

theshoemaker wrote:
15 Nov 2017
rcbuse wrote:
10 Nov 2017

Added:

Is it possible to set the sequencer values in the matrix before quantizing? Or did I just do something wrong with the setup. I'd love to have an alternative Panel for the Sequencers W-Z as I really don't like the knobs. I'd like to have something like a custom display. Thats why I thought using a Matrix or some other device for setting and even randomizing the values.
Very interesting idea, something I hadn't considered but now that we have multiple panels this would be possible....

Biolumin3sc3nt

15 Nov 2017

rcbuse wrote:
15 Nov 2017
theshoemaker wrote:
15 Nov 2017

Very interesting idea, something I hadn't considered but now that we have multiple panels this would be possible....
Awesome Idea!

Faastwalker

15 Nov 2017

Totally intrigued by this device. Bought it a while back but have hardly used it. It's still a mystery to me.

Must invest some more time in this thing ;)

ejanuska

16 Nov 2017

theshoemaker wrote:
15 Nov 2017
I usually use the sequencer to select patterns in a Matrix or other pattern based device like Propulsion. Then you can randomize the matrix and feed it's note data through a quantizer.

theshoemaker

16 Nov 2017

ejanuska wrote:
16 Nov 2017
theshoemaker wrote:
15 Nov 2017
I usually use the sequencer to select patterns in a Matrix or other pattern based device like Propulsion. Then you can randomize the matrix and feed it's note data through a quantizer.
Ahhh ... this way round :) but as far as i know stepping in Matrix can't be controlled from outside. I could step on gate input in a Thor ... but I don't like its interface. How can I feed the note data trough the quantizer? Route Matrix Note cv to CV1-8 in of PSQ and then in the Mod matrix set CV in to route to one of the quants? Maybe a nice patch for the showroom?
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

ejanuska

16 Nov 2017

theshoemaker wrote:
16 Nov 2017

Ahhh ... this way round :) but as far as i know stepping in Matrix can't be controlled from outside. I could step on gate input in a Thor ... but I don't like its interface. How can I feed the note data trough the quantizer? Route Matrix Note cv to CV1-8 in of PSQ and then in the Mod matrix set CV in to route to one of the quants? Maybe a nice patch for the showroom?
Put the Matrix in a combinator to control the pattern select using the combinator programmer.

Run a cable from PSQ-1684 Sequencer Note output to a Combinator CV input for Matrix pattern control.

Run the cable from Note out from the Matrix to the quantizer input on the back of the PSQ-1684, run the quantizer output to your instrument of choice.
Last edited by ejanuska on 16 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

ejanuska

16 Nov 2017

Use the CVA-7 CV Analyzer to verify your note data is doing what you want.

Also its a good idea to select unipolar on the combinator CV input. (default is bi-polar)

Get crazy and send the Curve output from the same Matrix to your instruments filter CV input or other parameter.
Last edited by ejanuska on 16 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

ejanuska

16 Nov 2017

ejanuska wrote:
16 Nov 2017
theshoemaker wrote:
16 Nov 2017

Put the Matrix in a combinator to control the pattern select using the combinator programmer.

Run a cable from PSQ-1684 Sequencer Note output to a Combinator CV input for Matrix pattern control.

Run the cable from the Matrix Note out to the quantizer input on the back of the PSQ-1684, run the quantizer output to your instrument of choice.

botnotbot

19 Nov 2017

First, let me say that I'm really excited by the possibilities opened by PSQ-1684! I'm starting to understand what tall the Eurorack heads have been on about -- luckily it's costing me quite less than a fortune to experience it :)

I am confused about one thing though, which is unfortunately not cleared up in the manual:

Where is the 'velocity out' CV for the sequencer? There is a dedicated page of knobs but I haven't been able to determine how to make it affect anything. I thought it might be affecting the gate signal but that is coming out at 127 according to CVA-7.

Thanks in advance for your help!

WongoTheSane

19 Nov 2017

botnotbot wrote:
19 Nov 2017
First, let me say that I'm really excited by the possibilities opened by PSQ-1684! I'm starting to understand what tall the Eurorack heads have been on about -- luckily it's costing me quite less than a fortune to experience it :)

I am confused about one thing though, which is unfortunately not cleared up in the manual:

Where is the 'velocity out' CV for the sequencer? There is a dedicated page of knobs but I haven't been able to determine how to make it affect anything. I thought it might be affecting the gate signal but that is coming out at 127 according to CVA-7.

Thanks in advance for your help!
The gate signal is affected by velocities. Try this:

- On the back, connect Gate Sequencer S1 to CVA-7.
- Reset Device and press Play so the device is running.
- In the Sequencer S1 section, set "End" to "W1" (to help visualize the effect, otherwise it would happen only once every 32 pulses).
- Select "Velocities" in the new "Knobs" pop-up menu.
- Play with the W1 knob: you should see the effect on CVA-7.

velocity.JPG
velocity.JPG (97.26 KiB) Viewed 6071 times
Obviously this isn't a "real world" setup, it's just to show exactly how it's handled. If the velocities aren't affected by anything and all the knobs are set at 100%, you won't see the effect, but if you randomize the device for instance (or modulate those velocities through any means), you will.

• Information