PSQ-1684 v3.1.0 is in the shop! [Updates]

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
rcbuse
RE Developer

01 May 2019

EdGrip wrote:
01 May 2019
I mean a Matrix device - each step holds the gate open for half the step length, but I was looking for a way to vary that. Whatever I was trying to achieve I'm sure I could have achieved with ASDR settings.
Ah! that matrix.. Yea, I'm not sure how you could accomplish that. You would need some kind of timed CV latch or something.
EdGrip wrote:
01 May 2019

Anyway, I think that bit of the manual is wrong. ;)
Yea... whoops.. I replaced a graphic in there without adjusting the caption!

Data_Shrine

29 Apr 2020

Am I correct in assuming that the Drum Pattern only sends out gate signals ? I wanted to use PSQ-1684 to send note data to the Korg Es-1 (sampling drum machine) via MIDI to make it produce crazy patterns, but it seems it cannot work ? I would need to be able to send notes to a range like this : C2 to B3, for exemple (I could use another RE for this, if it sends note data).

buddard
RE Developer

30 Apr 2020

Data_Shrine wrote:
29 Apr 2020
Am I correct in assuming that the Drum Pattern only sends out gate signals ? I wanted to use PSQ-1684 to send note data to the Korg Es-1 (sampling drum machine) via MIDI to make it produce crazy patterns, but it seems it cannot work ? I would need to be able to send notes to a range like this : C2 to B3, for exemple (I could use another RE for this, if it sends note data).
You could try using our RE TM-1 Trigger Multiplexer for this. It takes up to 16 gate inputs and lets you configure a MIDI note number for each one. It then merges all the signals and sends them out on a single CV/Gate pair that you can connect to the MIDI Out Device.

ejanuska

30 Apr 2020

The PSQ-1684 sequencer sends out note data. The gate section sends the gates

Data_Shrine

01 May 2020

buddard wrote:
30 Apr 2020
Data_Shrine wrote:
29 Apr 2020
You could try using our RE TM-1 Trigger Multiplexer for this. It takes up to 16 gate inputs and lets you configure a MIDI note number for each one. It then merges all the signals and sends them out on a single CV/Gate pair that you can connect to the MIDI Out Device.
Thank you, I will try it out soon.

Data_Shrine

01 May 2020

ejanuska wrote:
30 Apr 2020
Indeed it does, however it seems the Drum Pattern specifically doesn't. If you look at the combi patches, they all connect to the gate of the drum machine only (Redrum, Kong), I think it was made this way because these drum machines react to gate signals and not note messages.

ejanuska

02 May 2020

Data_Shrine wrote:
01 May 2020
ejanuska wrote:
30 Apr 2020
Indeed it does, however it seems the Drum Pattern specifically doesn't. If you look at the combi patches, they all connect to the gate of the drum machine only (Redrum, Kong), I think it was made this way because these drum machines react to gate signals and not note messages.
You can use the gates to trigger drums or a synth. You can use the note data from the sequencer to play notes on a synth that are sent at the same time as the gate.
You might want to read the manual. The combis are just examples, not definitive or limits.

Reasonable man

02 May 2020

Data_Shrine wrote:
01 May 2020
ejanuska wrote:
30 Apr 2020
I never got around to messin about with the default range and offset values on Psq's note quantiser to get it spot on for drums but if you leave them at default value and highlight all the notes in the quantiser at the same time (eg quantiser 1). You can then use just one quantiser ( quantiser 1) to sequence your drums with the drum pattern algorhythm. You also only need one sequencer to do this too ...and only 1 kong thats gets cv/gate value from sequencer one on the psq.. The Chart is here...viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7516247&p=488636&hilit=psq#p488636

As you notice from the chart the lowest note (with the quantiser at default range and offset values) is D1. So if your using kong and want to use this chart...for eg.... put Kong in a combi and send the psq note/gate to the combie's note gate input and in the combi programmer transpose kong's recieve note vaulue down 2 semotones so that the lowest note is now C1.
I tried programming kong this way (via psq) once or twice but its a real hassle and not worth it . However i never thought to use it with the drum pattern algo.

Reasonable man

03 May 2020

https://www.dropbox.com/s/13nmlr0k4oz4b ... e.cmb?dl=0 ( Psq Combi)

Just tried it with a random Kong patch. Its grand but the stored drum patterns are a bit predictable and samey i find.They could probably do with some x/y modulation with external lfos for variety..

robotgard

27 May 2020

Mattvank

01 Oct 2023

Someone dedicated the PSQ in this track

:)

arnigretar

02 Oct 2023

Mattvank wrote:
01 Oct 2023

Hehe yes, I made that album :) Three tracks on it are sequenced only on PSQ -- and that's why one track gets it's name from :D
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

Eski

03 Oct 2023

arnigretar wrote:
02 Oct 2023
Mattvank wrote:
01 Oct 2023

Hehe yes, I made that album :) Three tracks on it are sequenced only on PSQ -- and that's why one track gets it's name from :D
Just had a listen, some really nice IDM going on there. ;) Móatún 7 is a nice label to be on too. :thumbup:

arnigretar

03 Oct 2023

Yes - my label is very popular. I own it as well :) Really thankful for all the artists on it.

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

Mattvank

04 Oct 2023

arnigretar wrote:
03 Oct 2023
Yes - my label is very popular. I own it as well :) Really thankful for all the artists on it.
Great respect to you and your work. :thumbup:

arnigretar

04 Oct 2023

Mattvank wrote:
04 Oct 2023
arnigretar wrote:
03 Oct 2023
Great respect to you and your work. :thumbup:
Thank you :-) :reason:

• Information