Rack Extension Developer Encyclopedia

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
AzureEyes

17 Feb 2017

Rack Extension Developer Encyclopedia 1.5

Disclaimer: Materials are subject to change.

This has been a good week worth of research and countless emails to people, I hope this helps some of those anxieties with the Re format feeling abandoned, I am here to tell you we are indeed not :)

Reasonistas will be posting this on their site which will be updated regularly, btw thanks for the help with some organization.

Reasontalk thread will be updated regularly.

Rack Extensionists thread will be updated too.

(Current Developers)

AirRaid: working on a Re that has something to do with Granular ( Their tweets about grains kinda give away)

Alien Seed Tech: working on PSND 2.0 and Kron (Reasontalk thread)

Audiorealism: Working on a 2.0 update (Twitter tweet)

Audiority: Studying SDK (He's part of the Rack Extensionist group and has a lot of interest in the format)

Blamsoft: Released Expanse 2.0 w/ Propellerhead 9.2 Promo

Cube6/DNA Labs: Cube 6 is DNA labs, I for projects I'm not quite sure (Has stated they will be making Rack Extensions in the future on their website)

D16 group: Busy on projects but is planning more Re devices (various sources including Emails from various people, including myself)

Devoloop: Busy

DLD Tech: working on new goodies for 2017 (wants to do different stuff, according to post on Reasontalk)

e-Instruments: Small team and not Done with the format (Email and an insider)

Flower Audio: Personal Life stuff but wants to come back (Email)

G Force: They said their working with Propellerhead again and thinking of doing Oddity Rack Extension (Reasontalk Thread)

Heavyocity: Said they aren't done (via Email)

Jiggery Pokery: Released Harpsichord Re and updating BBD Series

Kilohearts: Released Tranisent Shaper and are apparently working on a new Synth (Teasing me on Twitter)

Kuassa: released Efektor series

Lab One: Matt has been busy but has ideas :)

Lectric Panda: Has a lot of projects for 2017 (Very vocal on plans on Reasontalk Forum)

LoveOne: Released Proton with Selig with Propellehead's 9.2 promo

Mathieu Demange: Working on second Re (Reasontalk Interview on RYMCast)

Nucleus Soundlab: Jeremy Janzen has been busy, Releasing the Reason Wizardry free on YouTube, When asked about Rack Extensions on Facebook he said there are plans for more and said second one is in the oven (Facebook)

Peff: Kurt has stated he has been busy with stuff and isn't leaving Re Development but says it's not cheap to hire a coder (Email)

PitchBlende: David has been busy, I gave him some ideas and he said they won't see light for a awhile (Email)

Pongrasoft: has been quiet and busy (According to activity, he has been active in 2016 that's why he's not in the unknown status)

Primal Audio: Updated FM4 not too long ago

PropellerheadSW Re Development Department: Common sense applies that they're developing something like they always are!

Quadelectra: Theodore has been developing some stuff (Facebook posts)

Ravenhertz: Recently update CV Series

Reasonistas: Noel has been working on his first Rack Extension and it'll be a workhorse from what he has said (This encyclopedia is part of Reasonistas)

Red Rock Sound: Very quiet guys but they released the RE3Q recently, Who knows what's in the oven now :)

Reveal Sound: Spire Rack Extension is in the works ( Videos on official Facebook Page)

Robotic Bean: He specified he is working on something (very vocal on Reasontalk forum, very smart guy)

Rob Papen: He said new Re will have Predator 2 features that'll come later this year (Has stated this multiple times on Facebook in his group and Rack Extensionists)

Samplemagic: They have stated they have the SDK and are looking at it (Email and friends who work there)

Selig: Has been busy lately but plans to make a come back soon. Work on his Concept "Proton" with developer LoveOne (Very active on Reasontalk Forums and has talked about stuff)

Scuzzy Eye: Developing stuff ( Has said so on Reasontalk Forums)

Skrock: Recently released Kraft and Solaris 2.0

Softube: Softube replied to my tweet with "we'll see" implying that they aren't done.

Sonic.bits: Friendly folks have stated they are working on their second Re and third (I asked them on Twitter and in email)

Soniccharge: Magnus has been busy with Teenage Engineering and other projects but will eventually make it back to Reason (email)

Speo: Talented YouTube/Reason user has released his first Rack Extension "Frame CV" and is planning updates (YouTube Video Comments)

Static Cling: Mr Alfronso has stated he is going to update his devices and work on some new cool ones this year (Rack Extensionists group reply)

Studio Corback: has updated "Mixfood Ambi Nature Ambience Creator" Re recently

Synapse Audio: Released "The Legend"

SyntheTechSound: Developing "Spectra" ( Reasontalk Thread all about it)

Tone 2: looking at SDK (I do sound design for Tone 2)

Turn2On: released Dyingstar

Uberwave: Uberwave have said they plan to update their Res with new GUIs and start on a new one for this year (Via Email)

Unfiltered Audio: recently release "Sunder" and they plan on updating existing devices with new GUIs. They also talked about Dent and Indent Res (Facebook post in Rack Extensionists)

Vibe Planet: Personal Life and taking time in between, He has plans for Compressors, EQs, Noise makers, Synths. (Email)

Zvork: working on new Re with SDK 2.5 ( Email)

(Unknown/Quiet)

Aftermath Audio: ?

Amaloo Audio: ?

BasementDSP: ?

Cakewalk: ?

IOX Audioware: ?

Josh Levy: ?

Korg: ?

Little IO: ?

Numerical Sound: ?

Ochen K: ?

Retouch Control: ?

Sononics: Sold to Audireo and Bob now works at Cakewalk (Facebook, Email)

Soundiron: ?

Spectralscan: ?

Sputnik Audio: ?

Sugarbytes: ?

ThatMusicCompany: Recently update Phaser Re but are reaming on this list until a new Re arrives.

TheChronologists: ?

TheMusicologygroup: ?

Uberwave: formly know as "Code Diggers" Their site is going through construction which I find a bit odd.

Zakura Pod: ?

(Former/Retired) :(

Fxpansion: said they have no plans for further Rack Extesnion development. That its on the back burner! (Email)

Izotope: Limited in resources such as time and money and want to make a focus on their VST/AU stuff (Email)

ProjectSam: Tested the waters and seemed not intrigued with sales (They haven't answer my message, so this pretty much confirms this)

U He: They are focusing on VST/AU development and have bigger projects, They want to make a come back but probably won't due to resources and issues (Email, various research)

(Considering Development) :)

8dio: Troels seems interested in the IDT part of Rack Extensions and is considering stuff like their Adagio series (Email)

Soundtoys: considering development but they are going to hire some more coders before they do (Email)

Xfer Records: Steve Duda and me had a good talk this morning, I told him why Reason should have Serum as a rack extension along with the rest of his catalog, He said he don't want Serum being limited and I told him about the new SDK 2.5, He suddenly was intrigued by reading the possibilities on the page and downloaded the kit. He said he'll be studying and looking at it tomorrow. He also replied and said we will be satisfied someday and that he don't have any info nor a timeline to give. (Email)
Last edited by AzureEyes on 17 Feb 2017, edited 15 times in total.

Electric-Metal

17 Feb 2017

ThatMusicCompany
Haven't they updated T2 Phaser recently
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

AzureEyes

17 Feb 2017

Electric-Metal wrote:ThatMusicCompany
Haven't they updated T2 Phaser recently
I'm not quite sure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ashpool

17 Feb 2017

Nice idea!

Alien Seed is still developing PSDN 2.0 and KRON. Mr Seed just recently gave a short statement with screenshots in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7492557

Studio Corbach just released version 2.0 of their Mixfood Ambi Nature.

And I agree with Electric-Metal:
ThatMusicCompany just released ver. 1.4.5. of T2 Phaser in January.
Last edited by Ashpool on 17 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

AzureEyes

17 Feb 2017

Ashpool wrote:Nice idea!

Alien Seed is still developing PSDN 2.0 and KRON. Mr Seed just recently gave a short statement with screenshots in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7492557

Studio Corbach just released version 2.0 of their Mixfood Ambi Nature.
Thanks..

MDTerps2015

17 Feb 2017

That music company needs to fix Mr Overdrive with the random crashes. I can't get it to do it on request but it happens. I quit using it. I thought that maybe since they updated Distortion they may update Mr Overdrive. I love the tool but the crashing kills me.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

Aquila

17 Feb 2017

Not sure where Korg would fit in this list, possibly former.

AzureEyes

17 Feb 2017

Aquila wrote:Not sure where Korg would fit in this list, possibly former.
I put them in Unknown

Creativemind

17 Feb 2017

You missed Flower Audio and Sugarbytes.

I would also like to know if Universal Audio, Waves, IK Multimedia, Fab Filter, ReFX, Roland, Lennar Digital or Cabelguys are interested in the Re format.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

joeyluck

17 Feb 2017

Alphabetizing would help ;)

Also is DNA Labs now Cube6? Or do they just happen to have very similar looking images?

AzureEyes

17 Feb 2017

joeyluck wrote:Alphabetizing would help ;)

Also is DNA Labs now Cube6? Or do they just happen to have very similar looking images?
No they are two different developers

AzureEyes

17 Feb 2017

Creativemind wrote:You missed Flower Audio and Sugarbytes.

I would also like to know if Universal Audio, Waves, IK Multimedia, Fab Filter, ReFX, Roland, Lennar Digital or Cabelguys are interested in the Re format.
I'm being realistic. Fabfilter, REFX, Waves, UAD, NI and the others you listed have no desire. I asked them multiple times gotten nos and now answers. They aren't interested and you know what that's okay because we don't need them when we have Xfer Records considering development.

Last edited by AzureEyes on 17 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

joeyluck

17 Feb 2017

AzureEyes wrote:

I mean...

Looks like the same font and color for 'Zero' as well

AzureEyes

17 Feb 2017

joeyluck wrote:
AzureEyes wrote:

I mean...

Yeah they're totally different. The have two different websites.

EnochLight

17 Feb 2017

AzureEyes wrote:Xfer Records: Looking at SDK 2.5, He said we'll be pleased someday!
Sorry but... what? Can you elaborate more on this, please? The last public statement from Steve at NAMM was that he had no plans to release Serum as a Rack Extension. Was this a private email exchange between you two? A tweet via Twitter? Facebook?

I don't mean to be skeptic (sorry not sorry :lol: :mrgreen: ) but this is huge news if true.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

joeyluck

17 Feb 2017

EnochLight wrote:
AzureEyes wrote:Xfer Records: Looking at SDK 2.5, He said we'll be pleased someday!
Sorry but... what? Can you elaborate more on this, please? The last public statement from Steve at NAMM was that he had no plans to release Serum as a Rack Extension. Was this a private email exchange between you two? A tweet via Twitter? Facebook?

I don't mean to be skeptic (sorry not sorry :lol: :mrgreen: ) but this is huge news if true.
I think this thread would benefit greatly from two things:

alphabetization and references/sources. If we can get that going, we can maybe make it an official thread and pin it ;)

AzureEyes

17 Feb 2017

Me and Steve had a good talk about rack extensions and he's studying the SDK 2.5 tomorrowImage

AzureEyes

17 Feb 2017

joeyluck wrote:
EnochLight wrote:

alphabetization and references/sources. If we can get that going, we can maybe make it an official thread and pin it ;)
I'll update it tonight

joeyluck

17 Feb 2017

AzureEyes wrote: Yeah they're totally different. The have two different websites.

Well I think they must be associated in some way or they are transitioning or somebody is on their A-game with copying everything from fonts (Look at the E in 'access' and 'plex') and the just about everything else haha. Maybe we could inquire?

joeyluck

17 Feb 2017

AzureEyes wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
EnochLight wrote:

I'll update it tonight

Awesome :thumbs_up:

AzureEyes

17 Feb 2017

joeyluck wrote:
AzureEyes wrote: Yeah they're totally different. The have two different websites.

Well I think they must be associated in some way or they are transitioning or somebody is on their A-game with copying everything from fonts (Look at the E in 'access' and 'plex') and the just about everything else haha. Maybe we could inquire?
I agree.

Creativemind

18 Feb 2017

Yeah Serum would be a pretty big deal but from the sounds of it it won't be any time soon. Still, would be good eventually.

miscend

18 Feb 2017

When did Kilohearts say they were making synth?

Reasonistas
RE Developer

18 Feb 2017

Thanks for all your work on this. I hope you don't mind, but here is the list in alphabetical order.

AzureEyes wrote:
1 -A
8dio: says they would be down but are waiting for demand
Aftermath Audio: quiet
Air Raid Audio: Developing something
Alien Seed Tech: working on PSND 2.0 & Kron
Amaloo Audio: quiet
Audiorealism: currently working on a 2.0 update
Audiority: Researching SDK

B
Basement DSP: quiet
Blamsoft: Released Expanse 2.0 with Propellerhead's 9.2 promotion

C
Cakewalk: they've been quiet
Cube6: new developer on board

D
D16 group: developing stuff and plans to do more Res
Devoloop: Busy
DLD Tech: Working on some new goodies
DNA Labs: Idk

E
e-Instruments: Working on something

F
Flower Audio: wants to return eventually
Fxpansion: Busy with VST/AU development and considers Res to be on the back burner

G
G-Force: working with Propellerhead again talking about an Oddity Re

H
Heavyocity: said they aren't done

I
Izotope: they say that they are limited in resources but would eventually like to make a come back

J
Jiggery Pokery: Harpsichord Re, Updating BBD series
Josh Levy: quiet

K
Kilo Hearts: working on new Synth
Korg: quiet
Kuassa: released Efktor series of rack extensions

L
Lab One: busy bee
Lectric Panda: Plenty of goodies for 2017
Little IO: quiet
Love One: released Proton w/ Selig with Propellerhead's 9.2 promotion

M
Mathieu Demange: Developing second Re
McDSP: Colin has been quite busy but wants to return soon

N
Nucleus Soundlab: currently developing second Re
NumericalSound: has been quiet for a long time

O
Ochen K: been quiet

P
Peff: Kurt says he's not done, Just been busy
Pitch Blende: Contacted him and seems he's busy with his personal life but hopes to get back to it soon.
Pongrasoft: idk
Primal Audio: Updated FM4 recently
ProjectSam: tested the waters and seems they are done
PropellerheadSW RE Department: Developing

Q
Quadelectra: developing new stuff

R
Ravenhertz: released new CV stuff
Reasonistas: First Re in development
Red Rock Sound: released new EQ in September
Retouch Control: quiet
Reveal Sound: Spire Re in Development
Robotic Bean: my guess is busy on new Re projects
Rob Papen: Planned Re for 2017

S
Samplemagic: Researching SDK
Selig: busy bee.
Scuzzy Eye: developing new stuff
Skrock: released Solaris 2.0
Softube: Has had no RE activity since 2015
Sonic.bits: working on their second Re
SonicCharge: been quite busy but hopes to return someday
Soundiron: quiet
Soundtoys: they said they like the idea and we'll see
Spectralscan: been quiet
Sputnik Audio: idk
Static Cling: plans to make updates on existing devices
Studio Corbach: busy on new devices
Sugarbytes: unsure, they didn't answer my email
Synapse Audio: Released Legend September 2016
SyntheTechSound: developing Spectra

T
ThatMusicCompany: has been quiet for a long time
Themusicologygroup: quiet
Tone 2: Researching SDK
Turn2on: idk

U
Uberwave: Idk
U He: Rack Extension developer quit due to his employee quitting, May come back but not for awhile
Unfiltered Audio: Released Sunder and is hard at work of updating current REs

V
Vibe Planet: been busy learning SDK

W

X
Xfer Records: Looking at SDK 2.5, He (Steve Duda) said we'll be pleased someday!

Y

Z
Zakura Prod: idk
Zvork: working on new Re
ImageImageImage

Creativemind

18 Feb 2017

Be great if we get Tone2 BiFilter.

• Information