Anyone seen the new Lectric Panda Sampler?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MirEko

08 Feb 2017

Image attached.. exciting times :shock:
Attachments
IMG_1220.JPG
IMG_1220.JPG (63.55 KiB) Viewed 3220 times
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

Loque

08 Feb 2017

At first i thought you smoked too much of something, but the Panda is playing around with some stuff....
Reason12, Win10

Ashpool

08 Feb 2017

Looks very interesting!
But I hope he won't keep that name.

rcbuse
RE Developer

08 Feb 2017

Alright, just so everyone knows the original post was titled "Playing around with the new SDK 2.5." Just getting samples up into the Lectric Panda framework. I wouldn't actually release something thats just nostromo with samples. But... new things are certainly afoot.

MirEko

08 Feb 2017

rcbuse wrote:Alright, just so everyone knows the original post was titled "Playing around with the new SDK 2.5." Just getting samples up into the Lectric Panda framework. I wouldn't actually release something thats just nostromo with samples. But... new things are certainly afoot.
Sorry Lectric but.. this is you just playing around with the sdk?!

You got mad skills :shock:

Can't wait to see what your actually making with 2.5 sdk :)
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

EnochLight

08 Feb 2017

Heheh - nice! Yeah, I'd agree that the product name "Nostrampler" is almost cringe-worthy.. :D Still, if this is just "playing around with SDK 2.5", I'm excited to see what Panda comes up with. Items of note:
  • Please, for the love of all that is holy, include proper changeable panels! You could make those custom display waveforms bigger, which is always a nice thing. :)
  • I'm SOOO glad you included widgets for the sample edit call. I'm missing this in Expanse (though I understand space constraints were the main issue here). That said, using the LED light for the widget.... eh.. I'd follow LoveOne/Selig's lead and make it blend in more with the actual sample/browse patch buttons:
sample_edit.jpg
sample_edit.jpg (76.17 KiB) Viewed 3129 times
Cheers!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

fotizimo

08 Feb 2017

rcbuse wrote: I wouldn't actually release something thats just nostromo with samples.
:puf_unhappy:
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

rcbuse
RE Developer

08 Feb 2017

fotizimo wrote:
rcbuse wrote: I wouldn't actually release something thats just nostromo with samples.
Maybe I should rephrase that... I wouldn't just take nostromo and Replace the wavetables with sample playback for a new RE. It would have to be much more feature rich to make sense.

fotizimo

08 Feb 2017

rcbuse wrote:Maybe I should rephrase that... I wouldn't just take nostromo and Replace the wavetables with sample playback for a new RE. It would have to be much more feature rich to make sense.
See, now this has made my day.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini

NaviRetlav

08 Feb 2017

rcbuse wrote:
fotizimo wrote:
Maybe I should rephrase that... I wouldn't just take nostromo and Replace the wavetables with sample playback for a new RE. It would have to be much more feature rich to make sense.
If you are looking for interesting feature, I have to say that so far, I'm still looking for the synth or fx with the "micro edit" granular functionality like in Izotope BreakTweaker: https://www.izotope.com/en/products/cre ... eaker.html
So far, no other synth have this feature and it can expanded even more.
Watch the official izotope BT video to check that module in action.

Btw. Can I join the beta testing team? I would love to add some patches to your future REs ;)

tiker01

08 Feb 2017

NaviRetlav wrote:
rcbuse wrote:
fotizimo wrote:
Btw. Can I join the beta testing team? I would love to add some patches to your future REs ;)
@Panda

I have sent an email regarding testing and other topics through RT. Just in case you missed it ;)

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

selig
RE Developer

08 Feb 2017

As a fan of Nostromo and other Panda creations, I can't wait to see what you come up with here!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

NaviRetlav

08 Feb 2017

Also, if possible, I would love to see the Formant shifter functionality in your new RE/sampler.
Or even something greater like this : https://polyversemusic.com/manipulator/

:)

chimp_spanner

08 Feb 2017

I had a dream last night that I was playing with a brand new drum RE that had sample loading, time stretching, formant shifting, physical modelling, synthesis and individual outputs per drum.

You know you use Reason too much when you dream about it :lol:

etyrnal

08 Feb 2017

very interesting...

EnochLight

08 Feb 2017

I think having a sampler-based instrument in Reason that does time-stretching on the fly is something that needs to happen, and needs to happen soon. Would love to see Panda step up to the challenge.

Anyone know how difficult it is to write decent DSP algorithms that do high-quality time stretching well? ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

fotizimo

08 Feb 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:I had a dream last night that I was playing with a brand new drum RE that had sample loading, time stretching, formant shifting, physical modelling, synthesis and individual outputs per drum.

Mind = blown :o
Fotizimo @ Instagram
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini

Marc64

08 Feb 2017

Is this gonna act like (BE) a granual synth with 3!!! waveforms?!

fotizimo

08 Feb 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:I had a dream last night that I was playing with a brand new drum RE that had sample loading, time stretching, formant shifting, physical modelling, synthesis and individual outputs per drum.
I have Arturia's Spark 2 and iSpark IOS app with the SparkLE hardware, and i dream of the day that the power there could one day be native to Reason? provides all of the things you mention (with the exception of time stretching to my knowledge).
Fotizimo @ Instagram
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini

dvdrtldg

08 Feb 2017

rcbuse wrote: I wouldn't actually release something thats just nostromo with samples. But... new things are certainly afoot.
To be honest, "just Nostromo with samples" would be fucking awesome

Fretless Fingers

08 Feb 2017

EnochLight wrote: [*]I'm SOOO glad you included widgets for the sample edit call. I'm missing this in Expanse (though I understand space constraints were the main issue here). That said, using the LED light for the widget.... eh.. I'd follow LoveOne/Selig's lead and make it blend in more with the actual sample/browse patch buttons:[/list]

sample_edit.jpg

Cheers!
Did you know you can alt+click the sampling button to open up the currently loaded sample in the sample editor window?
This does work in expanse
:reason: v10 :record: :recycle: :refill: :re: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :ignition:
reason-expert.com Author, video maker, producer

Faastwalker

08 Feb 2017

dvdrtldg wrote:To be honest, "just Nostromo with samples" would be fucking awesome
When the new SDK dropped first thing I thought was Nostromo with sample loading :D Seems like a perfect, perfect candidate for an update from the prolific Lectric Panda. But it looks like he has bigger plans, of course. I'd love to see Nostromo updated with sample loading. But I don't imagine Lectric Panda resting on his laurels. Inevitably a new device is in the works. I can only begin to imagine what he might come up with if the 'playing around with SDK 2.5' teaser is anything to go by. Exciting times ;)

AzureEyes

08 Feb 2017

Do some FM stuff with Samples like how Ableton's Sampler can do FM. Also maybe some FFT kinda reshaping of the samples harmonics. Can't wait to see what you do with your next product! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AzureEyes

08 Feb 2017

You can do something like Tone 2's Rayblaster does and use impulses as Soundsources.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EnochLight

08 Feb 2017

Fretless Fingers wrote:
EnochLight wrote: [*]I'm SOOO glad you included widgets for the sample edit call. I'm missing this in Expanse (though I understand space constraints were the main issue here). That said, using the LED light for the widget.... eh.. I'd follow LoveOne/Selig's lead and make it blend in more with the actual sample/browse patch buttons:[/list]

sample_edit.jpg

Cheers!
Did you know you can alt+click the sampling button to open up the currently loaded sample in the sample editor window?
Heheh, yeah - I'm aware. ;) Still prefer having a dedicated button to call up the editor. Proton knocked it out of the park as far as that goes.

• Information