LoveOne Consulting's Proton Synthesizer Song Challenge

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Advanced Suite
Competition Winner

10 Feb 2017

Here is my entry :) Took a minute to figure this synth out but once I did I fell in love. Very cool thanks for the opportunity.

bobseekone

10 Feb 2017

This is NOT a contest entry, but a demo of some of the sample patches created for Proton. This is a pretty amazing and flexible synthesizer and it was fun to make patches for it. However, I believe the ultimate test of a patch is how it sits in a mix so I threw this demo song together to see how they worked together.

All sounds came from seven Proton Rack Extensions, except for the drums. There were no effects used on Proton other than some mild EQ and compression. No Combinators were used, just patches created for Proton.

Peter

11 Feb 2017

My next Proton track...inspired by the full moon...and the Rabbit's Home which has evolved into the Dragon's Lair. :thumbs_up:

Peter

12 Feb 2017

Here is my next Proton track. This is the most clubby techno track I've ever done.

I don't think it's fair for y'all to listen to an hour of my four to the floor music. If there's something that grabs your attention then cool - but otherwise feel free to skim through. I think people know if they like something within ten seconds. I did have an album in mind for Proton from the start because it has turned me into a crazy beast. :twisted:

plasticfractal

12 Feb 2017

Another ambient track.

not leaving:

Benedict
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2017

A second go from me with an EBM flavored track called "The Gym Lover"

Derived from a couple of advert grabbed at random from live TV. I realized they all had this strange body-obsessive thing going on so that became the theme. All sounds made in Proton using these samples - except for drums which were made, and re-sampled back into, Kong.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

dvdrtldg

13 Feb 2017

plasticfractal wrote:Another ambient track.

not leaving:

Holy shit that's great

Peter

13 Feb 2017

Benedict wrote:A second go from me with an EBM flavored track called "The Gym Lover"
I like that far out energetic vibe outside of the norm. Great for my 1AM listening at work on a manic Monday! :D

Re8et
Competition Winner

14 Feb 2017

My entry: Pure Proton Sound!

REPLACED WITH A NEW RECORDING
Making the drum part was good fun, it must be possible to play a drum loop mpc protonic style, with pitch, awesome!

U'Nneka

15 Feb 2017

Here's my entry for the challenge PROTON POWDER

<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=ht ... "></iframe>

Re8et
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2017

I made another one, this time I tried the mpc style thing, with some success, using different drum loops.
I made use of the drum loops in REX for the main parts also, no synths, just drum part.

here it is

Reasonistas
RE Developer

15 Feb 2017

U'Nneka wrote:Here's my entry for the challenge PROTON POWDER

<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=ht ... "></iframe>
Please resubmit your song using the SoundCloud url only. There is no need to use SoundCloud's embed code.
ImageImageImage

U'Nneka

16 Feb 2017

Here's my entry for the challenge PROTON POWDER

plasticfractal

16 Feb 2017

dvdrtldg wrote:
plasticfractal wrote:Another ambient track.

not leaving:

Holy shit that's great
Thanks!

Bixbambi

17 Feb 2017

Hi friends. Here is my entry :
Attachments
Reprotoxic.png
Reprotoxic.png (73.56 KiB) Viewed 2381 times

Peter

17 Feb 2017

Here is my next Proton track. I got a rapper friend to give me a hook. :thumbs_up:

BillyRayRansom

19 Feb 2017

Hey everybody hope you enjoy my entry! Me rapping about the proton should be funny...

Peter

19 Feb 2017

BillyRayRansom wrote:Hey everybody hope you enjoy my entry! Me rapping about the proton should be funny...

Wow that's pretty cool. Enjoyed it for sure.

Peter

19 Feb 2017

Here is my last entry for the Proton Song Challenge. I wanted to tone things down and do something more contemplative to close out my extravaganza. Thanks for the inspiring opportunity. :thumbs_up:

BillyRayRansom

19 Feb 2017

Peter wrote:
BillyRayRansom wrote:Hey everybody hope you enjoy my entry! Me rapping about the proton should be funny...

Wow that's pretty cool. Enjoyed it for sure.
Thank you sir [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Tau Ceti

19 Feb 2017

Here is my Proton entry.

plasticfractal

19 Feb 2017

One final track to enter for me. This one is kind of a dub track, with a lot of guitar (morphed such that it doesn't sound like guitar anymore of course).

accelerator

Peter

19 Feb 2017

plasticfractal wrote:One final track to enter for me. This one is kind of a dub track, with a lot of guitar (morphed such that it doesn't sound like guitar anymore of course).

accelerator

This track is amazing with high "repeat" value. Loving the deep, soothing vibe of the composition and it is such a great showcase of Proton. The mix is pretty smooth too. Very cool vibe on this Sunday morning. Great work.

Peter

19 Feb 2017

bobseekone wrote:This is NOT a contest entry, but a demo of some of the sample patches created for Proton. This is a pretty amazing and flexible synthesizer and it was fun to make patches for it. However, I believe the ultimate test of a patch is how it sits in a mix so I threw this demo song together to see how they worked together.

All sounds came from seven Proton Rack Extensions, except for the drums. There were no effects used on Proton other than some mild EQ and compression. No Combinators were used, just patches created for Proton.

Very nice showcase there. I really liked your Grain Flute Slur patch that I used in this track starting at 00:55. I think that one note "slur" did something special for the track. :thumbs_up:

Peter

19 Feb 2017

nichal4394 wrote:

Hey Guys, new to Reasontalk and will definitely be staying here since this forum is a goldmine for reason users. This was my first time using Proton and it's been a blast! Hope you guys enjoy it! (Everything apart from Drums is the Proton Synthesizer) :D
Welcome! :D

Such a beautiful intro to draw the listener in. I'm a sucker for pitch bending notes too. Loving the interest you maintain through composition and the mix is pretty solid. Thanks for sharing. :)

• Information