Proton Granular Synth!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
etyrnal2

11 Feb 2017

DID WE EVER GET AN ANSWER ON WHETHER THE "DOPPLER EFFECT" WITH THE SCREWED UP PITCH WILL BE FIXED?

WHEN USING THE LFO, OR MOD, TO MODULATE POSITION WHILE THE LENGTH IS SET TO VERY SMALL SETTINGS, THE PITCH FLUCTUATES DUE TO AN ALGORITHMIC 'DOPPER EFFECT' HAPPENING DUE TO SOME LACK OF COMPENSATION IN THE TIME DOMAIN...

I CAN CREATE AN EXAMPLE REASON SONG IF YOU'D LIKE TO EXPERIENCE IT.

IT MAKE USING THE LOF OR MOD ENVELOPE TO VARY THE TIMBRE OVER TIME IMPOSSIBLE WITH GETTING AN UNUSABLE PITCH DISASTER.

EASILY REPRODUCIBLE.

USE VERY SMALL EMITTER LENGTHS AND USE ANY SORT OF MODULATION, LFO, MOD WHEEL, ETC, TO MODULATE OR MOVE THE POSITION AROUND AND YOU WILL HEAR THE TRAIN-WRECKING UNWANTED DOPPLER PITCH DRIFT EFFECT.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/348 ... ect.reason
:reason: :record: :recycle: :re: :adapted: :ignition: :essentials: :refill: :rebirth:

dvdrtldg

11 Feb 2017

Heard you the first time dude

tiker01

11 Feb 2017

etyrnal2 wrote:DID WE EVER GET ABN ANSWER ON WHETHER THE "DOPPLER EFFECT" WITH THE SCREWED UP PITCH WILL BE FIXED?

WHEN USING THE LFO, OR MOD, TO MODULATE POSITION WHILE THE LENGTH IS SET TO VERY SMALL SETTINGS, THE PITCH FLUCTUATES DUE TO AN ALGORITHMIC 'DOPPER EFFECT' HAPPENING DUE TO SOME LACK OF COMPENSATION IN THE TIME DOMAIN...

IT MAKE USING THE LOF OR MOD ENVELOPE TO VARY THE TIMBRE OVER TIME IMPOSSIBLE WITH GETTING AN UNUSABLE PITCH DISASTER.

EASILY REPRODUCIBLE.

USE VERY SMALL EMITTER LENGTHS AND USE ANY SORT OF MODULATION, LFO, MOD WHEEL, ETC, TO MODULATE OR MOVE THE POSITION AROUND AND YOU WILL HEAR THE TRAIN-WRECKING UNWANTED DOPPLER PITCH DRIFT EFFECT.
I see you are very frustrated but please be a bit more sensible. The developers said they are working on update. If you feel your problem is high priority please send the developers a song file with the sample self-contained by email instead of shouting here. This is not an official bug report place!

Take this as first warning!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

etyrnal

11 Feb 2017

tiker01 wrote:
etyrnal2 wrote:DID WE EVER GET ABN ANSWER ON WHETHER THE "DOPPLER EFFECT" WITH THE SCREWED UP PITCH WILL BE FIXED?

EASILY REPRODUCIBLE.

I see you are very frustrated but please be a bit more sensible. The developers said they are working on update. If you feel your problem is high priority please send the developers a song file with the sample self-contained by email instead of shouting here. This is not an official bug report place!

warning for what?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

tiker01

11 Feb 2017

etyrnal wrote:
tiker01 wrote:

EASILY REPRODUCIBLE.

warning for what?

I guess on tapatalk it is not shown but I happen to be one of the mods. ;)

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

KirkMarkarian

11 Feb 2017

etyrnal wrote:
tiker01 wrote:

EASILY REPRODUCIBLE.

warning for what?

I think he means the "all caps" response. Looks like shouting.

etyrnal

12 Feb 2017

KirkMarkarian wrote:
etyrnal wrote:
tiker01 wrote:

EASILY REPRODUCIBLE.

warning for what?

I think he means the "all caps" response. Looks like shouting.
Oh, was cuz I wasn't paying attention, and i typed so much I didn't want retype everything up to that point.

etyrnal

12 Feb 2017

As an aside tho the developer doesn't respond to emails at the official email address.

etyrnal

12 Feb 2017

[redacted]
Last edited by etyrnal on 12 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Peter

12 Feb 2017

Seven tracks done with Proton (only Proton with the exception of drums) at this time. :thumbup:

hamzter
RE Developer

12 Feb 2017

Hi,
etyrnal wrote:As an aside tho the developer doesn't respond to emails at the official email address.
The address to use for feedback and support queries is support@soundlove.se.

I believe I did answer your question about the doppler problem in an email I sent to you from the address gustav@loveone.se on January 29th. If you didn't receive it, perhaps it got stuck in your spam filter?

The pitch shift that happens when sweeping the position "backwards" is a result of how the grain engine works. If you try doing the same thing in Granulator (which is what Proton's engine 2 is inspired by) you will see that it has a similar pitch shift. Because the shift is inherent in the engine design it is not something that can be easily fixed, and such a fix would likely have other spin-off effects. I realise that this doesn't help you, of course, since you were expecting the grain engine to work in a different way.

We are looking into the possibility of adding a third play mode that can reverse the direction of the grains. I think its behaviour would be closer to what I think you are after.

Best regards,
Gustav

etyrnal

12 Feb 2017

hamzter wrote:Hi,
etyrnal wrote:As an aside tho the developer doesn't respond to emails at the official email address.
The address to use for feedback and support queries is support@soundlove.se.

I believe I did answer your question about the doppler problem in an email I sent to you from the address gustav@loveone.se on January 29th. If you didn't receive it, perhaps it got stuck in your spam filter?

The pitch shift that happens when sweeping the position "backwards" is a result of how the grain engine works. If you try doing the same thing in Granulator (which is what Proton's engine 2 is inspired by) you will see that it has a similar pitch shift. Because the shift is inherent in the engine design it is not something that can be easily fixed, and such a fix would likely have other spin-off effects. I realise that this doesn't help you, of course, since you were expecting the grain engine to work in a different way.

We are looking into the possibility of adding a third play mode that can reverse the direction of the grains. I think its behaviour would be closer to what I think you are after.

Best regards,
Gustav
You are correct. My apologies. I went back in my email and found it. Thank you for the reply.

selig
RE Developer

12 Feb 2017

As another aside, You've had a wonderful and extended conversation here with the developers and made more suggestions than would even fit on a single RE - and we have heard you. Not sure what more you are expecting, but let me know. I feel like I've personally responded to everything I can, and so has Gustav. You're ideas are definitely noted, and we're working our asses off to address as many of them as we reasonably can do! Again, not sure what response you get with other developers, but we're doing the best we can (lots of others making suggestions too, not just you).
:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

12 Feb 2017

selig wrote:

As another aside, You've had a wonderful and extended conversation here with the developers and made more suggestions than would even fit on a single RE - and we have heard you. Not sure what more you are expecting, but let me know. I feel like I've personally responded to everything I can, and so has Gustav. You're ideas are definitely noted, and we're working our asses off to address as many of them as we reasonably can do! Again, not sure what response you get with other developers, but we're doing the best we can (lots of others making suggestions too, not just you).
:)

Oh, just saw Gustav's response after adding mine. Carry on…

Selig Audio, LLC

Biolumin3sc3nt

15 Feb 2017

Just gonna say, with all the Demo's Ive heard.... Peter You deserve a Proton Sir! That's my story, and Im sticking to it!

Peter

19 Feb 2017

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:Just gonna say, with all the Demo's Ive heard.... Peter You deserve a Proton Sir! That's my story, and Im sticking to it!
Thank you I really appreciate that. I finished track number nine last night/early this morning with a deeper, contemplative and conclusive vibe which makes it an album for me. I really enjoyed the past few weeks of Proton techno music and the journey that was captured in this project. I made a quick album cover and playlist can be found HERE pending possible further slight mix tweaking. I'm pretty happy with the project though as I feel like I progressed and leveled up in general.

Biolumin3sc3nt

22 Feb 2017

Peter wrote:
Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:Just gonna say, with all the Demo's Ive heard.... Peter You deserve a Proton Sir! That's my story, and Im sticking to it!
Thank you I really appreciate that. I finished track number nine last night/early this morning with a deeper, contemplative and conclusive vibe which makes it an album for me. I really enjoyed the past few weeks of Proton techno music and the journey that was captured in this project. I made a quick album cover and playlist can be found HERE pending possible further slight mix tweaking. I'm pretty happy with the project though as I feel like I progressed and leveled up in general.

I look forward to hearing it when I get back home. Been staying at the Mom's for a week with no Monitor's or headphones. Audio Depravity at it's finest lol! Keep up the good work

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

01 Mar 2017

Is there a remote map file available or at least a list of the remote mapable controls, wanting to do a remote map for the Nektar, yes I know how to get the names out of the device but it's a slow process...

Thanks.

hamzter
RE Developer

03 Mar 2017

Hi,
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:Is there a remote map file available or at least a list of the remote mapable controls, wanting to do a remote map for the Nektar, yes I know how to get the names out of the device but it's a slow process...
The Remote names should be in the manual, of course. I'll make sure the manual is updated with the next product update.

In the mean time, here's the list:

MODE: Emitter Mode
POS: Emitter Position
SIZE: Emitter Size
FLCT: Emitter Fluctuation
LIFE: Particle Lifetime
PRSN: Emitter Precision
TYPE: Particle Type
OCT: Tuning Octaves
SEMI: Tuning Semitones
CENT: Tuning Cents
PORT: Glide
ROOT: Root Note
F1ON: Filter 1 On
F1MD: Filter 1 Type
F1FR: Filter 1 Cutoff
F1RE: Filter 1 Resonance
F2ON: Filter 2 On
F2MD: Filter 2 Type
F2FR: Filter 2 Cutoff
F2RE: Filter 2 Resonance
FROU: Filter Route
PHSR: Phaser On
PHRF: Phaser Rate (Free)
PHRS: Phaser Rate (Sync)
PHTN: Phaser Tuning
PHDP: Phaser Depth
PHRS: Phaser Resonance
PHWI: Phaser Stereo Width
PHSY: Phaser Tempo Sync
PHMX: Phaser Mix
DLAY: Delay On
DLLF: Delay Length (Free)
DLLS: Delay Length (Sync)
DLOF: Delay Right Channel Time Offset (Free)
DLOS: Delay Right Channel Time Offset (Sync)
DLPP: Delay Ping Pong
DLTS: Delay Tempo Sync
DLFB: Delay Feedback
DLMX: Delay Mix
ATT: Amp Envelope Attack
DEC: Amp Envelope Decay
SUS: Amp Envelope Sustain
REL: Amp Envelope Release
POLY: Polyphony Voices
KEYM: Key Mode
L1RF: LFO 1 Rate (Free)
L1RS: LFO 1 Rate (Sync)
L1WS: LFO 1 Wave Shape
L1RN: LFO 1 Randomization
L1D1: LFO 1 Depth 1
L1T1: LFO 1 Destination 1
L1D2: LFO 1 Depth 2
L1T2: LFO 1 Destination 2
L1TS: LFO 1 Tempo Sync
L1KS: LFO 1 Key Sync
L1PO: LFO 1 Phase Offset
L2RF: LFO 2 Rate (Free)
L2RS: LFO 2 Rate (Sync)
L2WS: LFO 2 Wave Shape
L2RN: LFO 2 Randomization
L2D1: LFO 2 Depth 1
L2T1: LFO 2 Destination 1
L2D2: LFO 2 Depth 2
L2T2: LFO 2 Destination 2
L2TS: LFO 2 Tempo Sync
L2KS: LFO 2 Key Sync
L2PO: LFO 2 Phase Offset
MODW: Mod Wheel On
MODD: Mod Wheel Depth
MODT: Mod Wheel Destination
MLF1: Mod Wheel LFO 1 Depth Modulation
MLF2: Mod Wheel LFO 2 Depth Modulation
KTPO: Emitter Position Keyboard Tracking On
KTP: Emitter Position Keyboard Tracking
KTTO: Tuning Keyboard Tracking On
KTT: Tuning Keyboard Tracking
KF1O: Filter 1 Cutoff Keyboard Tracking On
KF2T: Filter 1 Cutoff Keyboard Tracking
KF2O: Filter 2 Cutoff Keyboard Tracking On
KF2T: Filter 2 Cutoff Keyboard Tracking
REVB: Reverb On
RBSZ: Reverb Size
RBDM: Reverb Damping
RBSW: Reverb Stereo Width
RBMX: Reverb Mix
MELF: Mod Envelope Length Free
MELS: Mod Envelope Length Sync
MESY: Mod Envelope Sync
MELP: Mod Envelope Loop
MED1: Mod Envelope Depth 1
MET1: Mod Envelope Destination 1
MED2: Mod Envelope Depth 2
MET2: Mod Envelope Destination 2
VELD: Velocity Depth
VELT: Velocity Destination

Best regards,
Gustav

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2017

hamzter wrote:...

Thank you, I will try and get something knocked out in the next couple of days :D

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2017

hamzter wrote:...
Gustav
Hi,

You had these missing off your list

Main Volume
Amplifier Velocity
Pitch Bend
Mod Wheel
Record Sample
Select next patch
select previous patch

Very small note you had this list as "PRSN: Emitter Precision" where as on the device you have it labelled as PRCS

Small request: can we have a remote mapping so we can select between the screens WAVE\MOD\FX?

Thanks...

Catblack

05 Mar 2017

This is what I've got listed for Proton -- this list/format is from the Propellerheads, posted in the Remote developers forum last month. (You'll probably need to convert multiple spaces to tabs.)

Code: Select all

LoveOne	se.loveone.Protron
Emitter Position	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Emitter Size	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Emitter Fluctuation	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Emitter Precision	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Particle Lifetime	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Particle Type	0	4	Value	ValueOutput
Tuning Octaves	0	6	Value	ValueOutput
Tuning Semitones	0	24	Value	ValueOutput
Tuning Cents	0	200	Value	ValueOutput
Glide	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Root Note	0	256	Value	ValueOutput
Filter 1 On	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
Filter 1 Type	0	4	Value	ValueOutput
Filter 1 Cutoff	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Filter 1 Resonance	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Filter 2 On	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
Filter 2 Type	0	4	Value	ValueOutput
Filter 2 Cutoff	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Filter 2 Resonance	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Filter Route	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
Phaser On	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
Phaser Rate (Free)	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Phaser Rate (Sync)	0	27	Value	ValueOutput
Phaser Tuning	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Phaser Depth	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Phaser Resonance	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Phaser Stereo Width	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Phaser Tempo Sync	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
Phaser Mix	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Delay On	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
Delay Length (Free)	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Delay Length (Sync)	0	16	Value	ValueOutput
Delay Right Channel Time Offset (Free)	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Delay Right Channel Time Offset (Sync)	0	16	Value	ValueOutput
Delay Ping Pong	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
Delay Tempo Sync	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
Delay Feedback	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Delay Mix	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Amp Envelope Attack	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Amp Envelope Decay	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Amp Envelope Sustain	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Amp Envelope Release	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Amplifier Velocity	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Velocity Depth	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Velocity Destination	0	10	Value	ValueOutput
LFO 1 Rate (Free)	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
LFO 1 Rate (Sync)	0	27	Value	ValueOutput
LFO 1 Wave Shape	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
LFO 1 Randomization	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
LFO 1 Depth 1	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
LFO 1 Destination 1	0	10	Value	ValueOutput
LFO 1 Depth 2	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
LFO 1 Destination 2	0	10	Value	ValueOutput
LFO 1 Tempo Sync	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
LFO 1 Key Sync	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
LFO 1 Phase Offset	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
LFO 2 Rate (Free)	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
LFO 2 Rate (Sync)	0	27	Value	ValueOutput
LFO 2 Wave Shape	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
LFO 2 Randomization	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
LFO 2 Depth 1	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
LFO 2 Destination 1	0	10	Value	ValueOutput
LFO 2 Depth 2	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
LFO 2 Destination 2	0	10	Value	ValueOutput
LFO 2 Tempo Sync	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
LFO 2 Key Sync	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
LFO 2 Phase Offset	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Mod Envelope Length Free	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Mod Envelope Length Sync	0	27	Value	ValueOutput
Mod Envelope Sync	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
Mod Envelope Loop	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
Mod Envelope Depth 1	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Mod Envelope Destination 1	0	10	Value	ValueOutput
Mod Envelope Depth 2	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Mod Envelope Destination 2	0	10	Value	ValueOutput
Mod Wheel On	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
Mod Wheel Depth	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Mod Wheel Destination	0	10	Value	ValueOutput
Mod Wheel LFO 1 Depth Modulation	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Mod Wheel LFO 2 Depth Modulation	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Emitter Position Keyboard Tracking On	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
Emitter Position Keyboard Tracking	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Tuning Keyboard Tracking On	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
Tuning Keyboard Tracking	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Filter 1 Cutoff Keyboard Tracking On	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
Filter 1 Cutoff Keyboard Tracking	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Filter 2 Cutoff Keyboard Tracking On	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
Filter 2 Cutoff Keyboard Tracking	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Reverb On	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
Reverb Size	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Reverb Damping	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Reverb Stereo Width	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Reverb Mix	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Emitter Mode	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
Polyphony Voices	0	15	Value	ValueOutput
Key Mode	0	1	Toggle	ValueOutput
Pitch Bend	-8192	8191	Value	ValueOutput
Mod Wheel	0	127	Value	ValueOutput
Sustain Pedal	0	127	Value	ValueOutput
Aftertouch	0	127	Value	ValueOutput
Main Volume	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Device Name	0	0	-	TextOutput
Patch Name	0	0	-	TextOutput
Select Patch Delta	0	0	Delta	TextOutput
Select Previous Patch	0	0	Trig	TextOutput
Select Next Patch	0	0	Trig	TextOutput
Record Sample	0	0	Trig	TextOutput

If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Mar 2017

Nektar remote mapping available via this thread. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7491466&start=300

damasio

08 Mar 2017

Sorry for asking but how can i automate (assign to knobs) functions like POS & Size??
When i right click it, i can't see any way to do that.

damasio

08 Mar 2017

edit...

• Information