Blamsoft releases eXpanse 2.0 and Zero 1.2

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
EnochLight

25 Jan 2017

I just wanted to give major props to Andrew and eXode for knocking this out of the park - Expanse has truly become pretty much the most awesome synth in Reason overnight. Fantastic job, fellas!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Skullture

25 Jan 2017

2017 is officially off to an amazing start, Reason going really strong now :) Thanks eXode and Blamsoft. Excellent work, I was just screwing around with some wavetables and the angry expanse bass patch from Speo, really shows all the muscle from expanse there hehe.

If you guys are making new patches with Expanse 2 I'd love to introduce yours in the community refill which is still in construction as we speak. All contributions are very welcome to build a cool patch library for this amazing synth.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7497586

Koshdukai

25 Jan 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:So my head just exploded in happiness
sooo this ^ :puf_bigsmile:

scratchnsnifff wrote:when did sample uploading become a thing?? I thought a sdk update needed to happen which I assume happened :p
It did :D

mataya

25 Jan 2017

I just started trial expanse few days ago. Is there a way to update it to version 2.0 an trial this new version?

tx
Mataya

scratchnsnifff

25 Jan 2017

Koshdukai wrote:

scratchnsnifff wrote:when did sample uploading become a thing?? I thought a sdk update needed to happen which I assume happened :p
From what little I know about the sdk and how it got updated to my knowledge this will open the doors for other developers maybe U-HE will give us zebra or diva or something? But isn't the changeable panels a big thing that developers have wanted? Idk either way I'm happy as a lark(what ever a lark actually is)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

chimp_spanner

25 Jan 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
Koshdukai wrote:

From what little I know about the sdk and how it got updated to my knowledge this will open the doors for other developers maybe U-HE will give us zebra or diva or something? But isn't the changeable panels a big thing that developers have wanted? Idk either way I'm happy as a lark(what ever a lark actually is)
AFAIK hideable widgets encompasses things like switchable UI panels and stuff. Might be wrong here but from what I've read in a few places, that'd seen to be a thing that's possible now.

Koshdukai

25 Jan 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:
scratchnsnifff wrote:But isn't the changeable panels a big thing that developers have wanted? Idk either way I'm happy as a lark(what ever a lark actually is)
AFAIK hideable widgets encompasses things like switchable UI panels and stuff. Might be wrong here but from what I've read in a few places, that'd seen to be a thing that's possible now.
Yup, think Thor OSCs/Filter panels and Kong FX modules to get an idea.

Exowildebeest

25 Jan 2017

Amazing.

eXode

25 Jan 2017

mataya wrote:I just started trial expanse few days ago. Is there a way to update it to version 2.0 an trial this new version?

tx
Mataya
I don't remember but you could always try deleting Expanse from your RE's and the download it again.

scratchnsnifff

25 Jan 2017

Koshdukai wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:
scratchnsnifff wrote:But isn't the changeable panels a big thing that developers have wanted? Idk either way I'm happy as a lark(what ever a lark actually is)

Gotchya! Now who knows where to get some big and slightly detuned squareish monster wavetables :) and is it just drag and drop with the serum files?

mataya

25 Jan 2017

eXode wrote:
mataya wrote:I just started trial expanse few days ago. Is there a way to update it to version 2.0 an trial this new version?

tx
Mataya
I don't remember but you could always try deleting Expanse from your RE's and the download it again.

ahhh, thank you good man. Just checked. There's actually an option to update when I gt to my Re's on prop page.

M

chimp_spanner

25 Jan 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
Koshdukai wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:

Gotchya! Now who knows where to get some big and slightly detuned squareish monster wavetables :) and is it just drag and drop with the serum files?
Yep just navigate to the wave files in the Reason browser and drag and drop the file into eXpanse. Job done. Also works with live sampling too so you can speak into it or sample objects or instruments in your studio.

miscend

25 Jan 2017

Can someone adventurous who owns both Serum and Expanse, import the same wavetable into both, play a bunch notes across the entire keyboard range and see if they sound identical. I heard the Steve Duda say he pretty much had the highest fidelity wavetable oscillator in the business. He hired a mathematician to do all the math.

scratchnsnifff

25 Jan 2017

miscend wrote:Can someone adventurous who owns both Serum and Expanse, import the same wavetable into both, play a bunch notes across the entire keyboard range and see if they sound identical. I heard the Steve Duda say he pretty much had the highest fidelity wavetable oscillator in the business. He hired a mathematician to do all the math.

I just emailed him and asked if he would email me the stock wavetables even am willing to pay for them hopefully he is cool with doing that he seems like a super chill dude from the previous times iv asked his company questions. I don't own serum and iv asked him if he'd make a serum RE he wasn't interested but now with the sdk update maybe he'll throw me a bone and hand over the wavetables or sell them at least lol

Zerosity

25 Jan 2017

Koshdukai wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:
How about collapsible sections, like the programmer in the reverb?

tiker01

25 Jan 2017

Zerosity wrote:
Koshdukai wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:
How about collapsible sections, like the programmer in the reverb?
That is still not on the plate AFAIK, panels cannot change device size.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Karim
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
miscend wrote:Can someone adventurous who owns both Serum and Expanse, import the same wavetable into both, play a bunch notes across the entire keyboard range and see if they sound identical. I heard the Steve Duda say he pretty much had the highest fidelity wavetable oscillator in the business. He hired a mathematician to do all the math.

I just emailed him and asked if he would email me the stock wavetables even am willing to pay for them hopefully he is cool with doing that he seems like a super chill dude from the previous times iv asked his company questions. I don't own serum and iv asked him if he'd make a serum RE he wasn't interested but now with the sdk update maybe he'll throw me a bone and hand over the wavetables or sell them at least lol
you can find those wavetables (at least 1700) completely free just googling "serum wavetables", Sir..

https://mega.nz/#!w1pFTKrJ!GMRqARaT7CY2 ... 9mAiAdNjvc

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Neo

26 Jan 2017

eXode wrote:

tx
Mataya
Am i allowed to not recommend doing that? I guess not.
I received a surprising follow up email from Props informing me i cant share the details of the drama i had!

Anyway...

I trialed both eXanpase and Zero. Purchased Zero and now considering Expanse Hyperwave with this updated news! (or wait for Spire?!) lol
1. Will Spire allow importing of wavetables? Im sure its no..
2. Is Expanse Hyperwave Synthesizer now our version of Serum?
3. Has anyone tried any Access Virus TI2 Wavetables?
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

scratchnsnifff

26 Jan 2017

Neo wrote:
eXode wrote:

tx
Mataya
Am i allowed to not recommend doing that? I guess not.
I received a surprising follow up email from Props informing me i cant share the details of the drama i had!

Anyway...

I trialed both eXanpase and Zero. Purchased Zero and now considering Expanse Hyperwave with this updated news! (or wait for Spire?!) lol
1. Will Spire allow importing of wavetables? Im sure its no..
2. Is Expanse Hyperwave Synthesizer now our version of Serum?
3. Has anyone tried any Access Virus TI2 Wavetables?

I'd say ask the company who makes spire I feel like they would want to add the latest and greatest features but I am no spokesman for any anyone and in my own opinion more or less expanse is the reason version of massive/serum. Idk it has a serum feel but I still see it as it's own thing it's like the best of both big name wavetables with a reason touch :) and who knows maybe the props could get Steve Duda to port serum now that we have the update I feel like with the sdk update Steve Duda would not have to take out as many features but that is also my opinion (and a real big hope for me) lol let's start a petition or something so mr Duda sees that there would be a market for his work over here :p

EnochLight

26 Jan 2017

Neo wrote: 1. Will Spire allow importing of wavetables? Im sure its no..
I'll bite. Currently, Spire (in VST/AU/AAX form) does not sample nor allow the import of your own wavetables. It's planned for a future update someday, though.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

fieldframe
RE Developer

26 Jan 2017

All I wanted: Pop-up menus instead of dragging ✅
Icing on the cake: Hierarchical menus ✅
A whole other cake on the cake: Wavetable import ✅
Icing on the whole other cake: Sample import with multimode interpolation, Serum import ✅✅✅

tiker01

27 Jan 2017

Bump

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

East Island

28 Jan 2017

Here a link to make more wavetable
https://www.facebook.com/Audioterm/
it's a windows program
A Controle Freak. Loves Logic&Reason&Luna ;) , remote controllers.
https://soundcloud.com/east-island

16BitBear

28 Jan 2017

I was on the fence about eXpanse. I kept putting it off due to the cost. But damn, when the new SDK hit with this update, and I read Serum wavetable imports, that was it. I bought, and I am seriously happy! I love Serum but was always upset that there was no easy way to use it in Reason outside of convoluted methods, and now I have eXpanse IN Reason. Bloody wonderful, guys!

Thank you! :thumbs_up: :puf_bigsmile: :mrgreen: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

• Information