Blamsoft releases eXpanse 2.0 and Zero 1.2

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
16BitBear

28 Jan 2017

Just an FYI for those wanting to get more wavetables, I highly recommend the Galbanum wavetables, the Adventure Kid Single Cycle waveforms, and a great little program called Serum FM Wavetable Studio. With these three plus all the other free ones from online, you will be swimming in quality samples and sounds!

littlejam

29 Jan 2017

hello,

at DJBuddhaBear: what format/size did you download for the Galbanum wavetables please?

i read the description of the math at the lower end of the website and it's crazy how many possibilities there are...staggering

thanks for your help

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

scratchnsnifff

29 Jan 2017

DJBuddhaBear wrote:Just an FYI for those wanting to get more wavetables, I highly recommend the Galbanum wavetables, the Adventure Kid Single Cycle waveforms, and a great little program called Serum FM Wavetable Studio. With these three plus all the other free ones from online, you will be swimming in quality samples and sounds!

Haven't search for it yet, is the fm one a paid thing? I remember virtual riot saying something about it In one of his livestreams
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

16BitBear

30 Jan 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
DJBuddhaBear wrote:Just an FYI for those wanting to get more wavetables, I highly recommend the Galbanum wavetables, the Adventure Kid Single Cycle waveforms, and a great little program called Serum FM Wavetable Studio. With these three plus all the other free ones from online, you will be swimming in quality samples and sounds!

Haven't search for it yet, is the fm one a paid thing? I remember virtual riot saying something about it In one of his livestreams
Right now, it still appears to be free. I don't know if the dev is going to much further with it.

https://sites.google.com/site/glowshrimpsoftware/

Even in its very simple and seemingly unfinished state, it does exactly what it claims to do. It creates a vast array of new FM based wavetables that are Serum compatible. I use it a lot.

scratchnsnifff

30 Jan 2017

DJBuddhaBear wrote:
scratchnsnifff wrote:

Right now, it still appears to be free. I don't know if the dev is going to much further with it.

Even in its very simple and seemingly unfinished state, it does exactly what it claims to do. It creates a vast array of new FM based wavetables that are Serum compatible. I use it a lot.[/quot

Thanks man much appreciated haha my hardrive is going to hate me haha

Iggster

30 Jan 2017

Not sure if you guys realise but there seems to be a sale on with the Galbanum wavetables! Not 100% sure which format is the one to go with eXpanse but I think it's the 19.95 one which looks like a pretty good deal to me if they're that good!

Loque

31 Jan 2017

Great tips, really appreciate them. But what is the right version i need from Galbanum. I am pretty confused by all those format options :?
Reason12, Win10

FGL

31 Jan 2017

Very nice Update.

Some Question. In the Mixer Section there is a Knob called F1-F2. But this is linked to the Curves A1-A2 in the Amp Section. Needs time to find out what it really does. Why is it called F1-F2?

Okay, I see is also fixed to the F1 and F2 Filter. But is not clear it works like this and that A1 and A2 are the fixed Amp Envelopes for F1 and F2.

PadShifta

31 Jan 2017

Friends, this sample-loading feature in eXpanse is freaking me out (in a positive way)! All I wanted to do is to try out the hotkey "holding Alt + clicking on the sampling button" to open the sample-editor. Since I didn´t want to spend too much time looking for nice samples, I quickly threw in crash cymbals on OSC1 +2 and morphed the wavetables, which resulted it a perfectly tuned and natural sounding accordeon-sound... :o Huh??? So if two crash cymbals morph into an accordeon, then I will have to rethink the whole world I live in, haha!
New mathematics:
1 crash A + 1 crash B x wavetable morphing sliced by 4 = 1 accordeon
1 pig grunts + 1 explosion x wavetable mophing sliced by all x lfo->>OSC pos = 1 mad dinosaur growl

Can you come up with your own weird mathematics and formulas?? Would be fun to hear your results.

Oh, I´m gonna be busy for years throwing stuff into eXpanse and experimenting!

Cheers :geek:

BIG THANKS to eXode and the Props!!

16BitBear

31 Jan 2017

Sorry I couldn't get right back to all of y'all asking the question about Galbanum.

I currently own all formats but the one you want for Serum/eXpanse is the Architecture Waveforms 2010 Wavetable format. You will get everything from Additive to Formants to Fractals to FM to Partials to Spectral to UHF. It is a huge collection that is well worth the full price, so if it is on sale right now, buy them! :)

16BitBear

31 Jan 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
DJBuddhaBear wrote:
scratchnsnifff wrote:

Even in its very simple and seemingly unfinished state, it does exactly what it claims to do. It creates a vast array of new FM based wavetables that are Serum compatible. I use it a lot.[/quot

Thanks man much appreciated haha my hardrive is going to hate me haha
I have an external 3 TB hard drive just for samples! :lol:

eXode

31 Jan 2017

FGL wrote:Very nice Update.

Some Question. In the Mixer Section there is a Knob called F1-F2. But this is linked to the Curves A1-A2 in the Amp Section. Needs time to find out what it really does. Why is it called F1-F2?

Okay, I see is also fixed to the F1 and F2 Filter. But is not clear it works like this and that A1 and A2 are the fixed Amp Envelopes for F1 and F2.
There's a flow chart on the back (and the manual) that shows the signal path. You can also override A2 with A1 via the 1 -> 2 button. :)

FGL

31 Jan 2017

eXode wrote:
There's a flow chart on the back (and the manual) that shows the signal path. You can also override A2 with A1 via the 1 -> 2 button. :)
Nice. But I think I only understand this cause I know now how it works ; ) But this Synth is really exellent. But I have also no Idea ho to make it more clear. But I like much how the LFO Section is designed. Very helpful for the most tasks you don't need the programmer Section. Poly Sync and Scale by Mod Wheel is a very good Idea.

Now I playing around with Wavetables.

Thanks for building this.

scratchnsnifff

31 Jan 2017

FGL wrote:
eXode wrote:
Nice. But I think I only understand this cause I know now how it works ; ) But this Synth is really exellent. But I have also no Idea ho to make it more clear. But I like much how the LFO Section is designed. Very helpful for the most tasks you don't need the programmer Section. Poly Sync and Scale by Mod Wheel is a very good Idea.

Now I playing around with Wavetables.

Thanks for building this.

I swear I'm getting arthritis from reasoning too much, but expanse has helped by saving a few clicks here and a few clicks there gotta love that easy LFO with the most likely used destinations already there! I can't seem to stop using expanse I think they created a monster

eXode

31 Jan 2017

I'm glad that you like the pre-routed targets for the LFO. Andrew and myself tried very hard to keep Expanse user friendly (as user friendly as permitted considering it's advanced structure), and the LFO section was part of that vision. We really wanted the user to be able to build a simpler sound without having to use the mod matrix (unless the user wants to), or switching pages on the EG's, etc.

I am also very happy that we got the possibility to use popups (and groups) for the various sections, and of course to load and create user wavetables. :)

chrischrischris

31 Jan 2017

Hi,

Is it possible to get A Traditional Arp using Expanse? For Example Play An Em Chord and The Arp will Play through each note from low to high.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Zerosity

31 Jan 2017

chrischrischris wrote:Hi,

Is it possible to get A Traditional Arp using Expanse? For Example Play An Em Chord and The Arp will Play through each note from low to high.

Thanks in advance

Chris
The Note Echo player can be used for this.

fieldframe
RE Developer

31 Jan 2017

eXode wrote:I'm glad that you like the pre-routed targets for the LFO. Andrew and myself tried very hard to keep Expanse user friendly (as user friendly as permitted considering it's advanced structure), and the LFO section was part of that vision. We really wanted the user to be able to build a simpler sound without having to use the mod matrix (unless the user wants to), or switching pages on the EG's, etc.

I am also very happy that we got the possibility to use popups (and groups) for the various sections, and of course to load and create user wavetables. :)
So glad you guys and Propellerhead were able to make this happen. The menus are a huge improvement, and were the missing piece to Expanse's UI.

I'm a fan of the pre-routed targets as well, and I have a suggestion to help make programming even smoother: One thing I find myself doing every time I create a new patch in Expanse is to set Mod Env 1 as a source. What if the init patch had a few pre-populated mod matrix sources, just like Parsec does?

DamFlarden

03 Feb 2017

The eXpanse synth seems to be an excellent sounding synth, and its UI is an invitation to try out all buttons, explore what they do, modify, and create new sounds.
The interface gives me the feeling to be more in control of sound creation / modification, and that is, of course, a very good thing. From that point of view the eXpanse is a good add-on to the Reason factory bank.

Therefore, I decided to purchase the eXpanse synth rack extention for Reason, although I still feel it is very expensive. 149 Euro for an extra synthesizer in Reason, that is a bit much.
Especially when the thing turns out to be very heavy on processor power, very often, and very quickly resulting in error messages like "Computer too slow to play song". That is, of course

Ok, I'm running Reason on a bit older sytem, based on the AMD Phenom 2 1090T, with 4 Gb of free RAM.

tiker01

04 Feb 2017

DamFlarden wrote:The eXpanse synth seems to be an excellent sounding synth, and its UI is an invitation to try out all buttons, explore what they do, modify, and create new sounds.
The interface gives me the feeling to be more in control of sound creation / modification, and that is, of course, a very good thing. From that point of view the eXpanse is a good add-on to the Reason factory bank.

Therefore, I decided to purchase the eXpanse synth rack extention for Reason, although I still feel it is very expensive. 149 Euro for an extra synthesizer in Reason, that is a bit much.
Especially when the thing turns out to be very heavy on processor power, very often, and very quickly resulting in error messages like "Computer too slow to play song". That is, of course

Ok, I'm running Reason on a bit older sytem, based on the AMD Phenom 2 1090T, with 4 Gb of free RAM.
There are thre levers on the back to adjust CPU usage. Even better Blamsoft has Refill with all patches saved with all three levers set to minimum CPU usage.

http://blamsoft.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... Bank_1.zip

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

tobypearce

05 Feb 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
I swear I'm getting arthritis from reasoning too much
I never thought of Reasoning as a verb before. I love it! :thumbs_up:
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

scratchnsnifff

05 Feb 2017

tobypearce wrote:
scratchnsnifff wrote:
I swear I'm getting arthritis from reasoning too much
I never thought of Reasoning as a verb before. I love it! :thumbs_up:
Haha it is now! I found that the kinda ibuprofen that says nsaid on it helps with finger pains, I know this is a music forum but damn did this update make me dig into the new features :)

• Information