Blamsoft releases eXpanse 2.0 and Zero 1.2

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ReasonTalk

25 Jan 2017

As you might know already Propellerhead have released a free update to Reason 9. The main new feature of Reason 9.2 is that it supports Rack Extensions built with the latest SDK (Software development Kit) that supports frequently requested features such as sample loading, switchable panels etc. You can read the whole story here. As a direct follow-up of this update, Blamsoft releases Expanse 2.0 and Zero 1.2.

https://www.reasontalk.com/2017/01/blam ... -zero-1-2/

PadShifta

25 Jan 2017

Fu**ing sh**!!!! I just sampled myself saying nothing but "what the hell" into OSC 1 in Expanse and I am getting more agressive growls out of it than anything I´ve tried so far!! I am not believing it!!! This is insane!! Love it! Thank you Propellerheads for sample-loading!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

chimp_spanner

25 Jan 2017

Bosh!

chimp_spanner

25 Jan 2017

Oh my - and drop down menus for everything. Waveforms, filters, shapers. AND menu subcategories for mod sources and destinations.

eXpanse might just be the best synth in Reason now...

eXode

25 Jan 2017

New in version 2.0
  • Works with all Serum-compatible wavetables. This gives you access to thousands of wavetables available for Serum.
  • You can now create a wavetable from any sample. Or sample an oscillator of your favorite synth.
  • Copy/paste/reset now works for envelopes as well as oscillators using alt-click
  • Envelope and additive engine displays support modifier keys for fine adjustment and resetting to default values
  • Click-drag selection has been replaced with popup menus for all displays
  • Mod Matrix menus now have sub-groups for quicker browsing
This upgrade is free for existing Expanse users!

Version 2.0 introductory price through February 1! €129

Last edited by eXode on 25 Jan 2017, edited 4 times in total.

chimp_spanner

25 Jan 2017

<3 Smashed it out of the park. One less reason to use Cubase now :)

Koshdukai

25 Jan 2017

eXode wrote:New in version 2.0
  • Works with all Serum-compatible wavetables. This gives you access to thousands of wavetables available for Serum.
  • You can now create a wavetable from any sample. Or sample an oscillator of your favorite synth.
  • Copy/paste/reset now works for envelopes as well as oscillators using alt-click
  • Envelope and additive engine displays support modifier keys for fine adjustment and resetting to default values
  • Click-drag selection has been replaced with popup menus for all displays
  • Mod Matrix menus now have sub-groups for quicker browsing
...so, it just became Perfect! :thumbs_up: :D

chimp_spanner

25 Jan 2017

One *very* small request. An edit button next to the sample import area, like in Proton. I know it's possible to edit by other means but it'd just make the whole sampling workflow a little faster :)

And I was just about to ask for some options to choose crossfade and morphing options but...it appears it's already there! AHHHHHH.

eXode

25 Jan 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:One *very* small request. An edit button next to the sample import area, like in Proton. I know it's possible to edit by other means but it'd just make the whole sampling workflow a little faster :)

And I was just about to ask for some options to choose crossfade and morphing options but...it appears it's already there! AHHHHHH.
You can access the edit window by holding _alt_ while clicking the sample button. Note that a sample needs to be loaded first. :)

Koshdukai

25 Jan 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:One *very* small request. An edit button next to the sample import area, like in Proton. I know it's possible to edit by other means but it'd just make the whole sampling workflow a little faster :)
by other means, you're already including the (on Windows) ALT+Click the Sample button, to edit ?
That shortcut works on every Reason sampler (since those buttons showed up).

Edit: oh, eXode already replied :D
Last edited by Koshdukai on 25 Jan 2017, edited 2 times in total.

chimp_spanner

25 Jan 2017

eXode wrote:

You can access the edit window by holding _alt_ while clicking the sample button. Note that a sample needs to be loaded first. :)
<3 <3

adfielding

25 Jan 2017

YES INDEED

Congratulations guys, Expanse was already one of my absolute favourite REs and this has just taken it up a notch. Brilliant.

chimp_spanner

25 Jan 2017

Blown away. Just recorded my dumb voice into eXpanse and made it into a crazy wave-shaped unison bass monster. See Props, THIS is why we've been banging on about sample import :lol:

svenh

25 Jan 2017

:puf_bigsmile: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :puf_bigsmile:

eXode

25 Jan 2017

Just letting you know that Zero has received an update that adds some workflow improvements (requires Reason 9.2).

New in version 1.2
  • Drag to connect Mod Matrix destinations
  • Harmonics editor and envelopes support modifier keys for fine adjustment and resetting to default values
    (shift- for finer control, ctrl-/cmd- for reset).
  • New Global LFO Sample and Hold sources
  • Mod Matrix destinations have sub-menus for faster selection

XysteR

25 Jan 2017

I just noticed when I updated eXpanse! Sample loading in eXpanse, i'm nearly crying i'm so excited! lol. So was there finally an SDK update or addition to the current SDK?

eXode

25 Jan 2017

XysteR wrote:So was there finally an SDK update or addition to the current SDK?
To quote props homepage:

The latest version of Reason adds sample loading and improved UI to the Rack Extensions toolkit.

:)

XysteR

25 Jan 2017

eXode wrote:
XysteR wrote:So was there finally an SDK update or addition to the current SDK?
To quote props homepage:

The latest version of Reason adds sample loading and improved UI to the Rack Extensions toolkit.

:)
Oh man, this is just awesome. I just got in from work, not read anything about it at all, then I have a quick look in the 'Rack Extensions' section for news then this! Feels like all my Christmases came at once, you and Blamsoft will be buzzing too I bet. Kept that one quiet haha! :D

Majestik Monkey

25 Jan 2017

Wooh '

That was a nice surprise & many thanks Exode/Blamsoft :thumbs_up:

I wonder was that Exode in the video explaining the new sample loading :!: :puf_bigsmile:

eXode

25 Jan 2017

Majestik Monkey wrote:Wooh '

That was a nice surprise & many thanks Exode/Blamsoft :thumbs_up:

I wonder was that Exode in the video explaining the new sample loading :!: :puf_bigsmile:
No, that is Shawn / Fretless Fingers, that did the first video for Expanse. :)

nikonovs

25 Jan 2017

Excellent work! Brilliant! thank you eXode for great work too!
:reason: 8,9.1 :ignition: :re: Expanse, Solaris, FM4
:reason: Musician, :post: Composer

chimp_spanner

25 Jan 2017

Honestly the drop down menus are almost as big a deal as sample loading for me. I'm moving around the synth so much faster and getting so much more out of the stock WT's, let alone custom ones. The next time someone says "but Serum" as a reason not to go Reason...I shall point them in the direction of eXpanse ;)

JoshuaPhilgarlic

25 Jan 2017

What is "Serum-compatible"???

chimp_spanner

25 Jan 2017

JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote:What is "Serum-compatible"???
You can download any wavetables advertised as being for Serum, and use them in eXpanse :) Google "free Serum wavetables" and clear some room on your hard drive because there are literally tens of thousands of them out there!

scratchnsnifff

25 Jan 2017

So my head just exploded in happiness, when did sample uploading become a thing?? I thought a sdk update needed to happen which I assume happened :p only thing I could ask for is a bend -/+ mode or in expanse in/out lol this thing keeps on wowing me! Keep up the work blamsoft/exode!
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

• Information