SUNDER amplitude splitter by Unfiltered Audio is released

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
selig
RE Developer

15 Jan 2017

Galaxy wrote:Hey Josh, I'll see what I can do, but try this in the meantime. Btw, yes I did have Scream4s on each band's send and return, but not sure why only the right main output would be delayed. Would think at least both left and right would be delayed equally.

Try this.

Use Sunder on a dr Rex drum loop, set low and high threshold to liking. Put Sunder in the mix channel insert.

Throw scream4s on each send return.

Use a spider audio to split Sunder's main output. Put the first split into the mix channel insert return.

Create a Pulveriser. Feed it with the 2nd split of the spider audio.

Use Pulverizer's LFO or follower cv out to modulate Sunder's cv inputs. Try the low and high thersholds.

Notice delay in right main output.

Remove the audio split that is fed to the Pulveriser. Notice how delay goes away.

You can try to remove the scream4s to see if this adds to the issue, I'll try that as soon as I'm back.

Even if the delay is unavoidable, I still can't see how a cv connection triggers it, and that it only happens to the right main output.

When has connecting a cv signal delayed an audio output?

Want to buy this device before the intro price goes away, will this be fixed soon?
Might very well be a bug with the Spider being used in an insert. There was a similar issue a while back with spiders being used in the Master insert - however, I'm sick in bed at present operating at around 25% CPU capacity right now. Damn virus, if they don't get your computer they come for you!!! :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Galaxy

15 Jan 2017

Feel better, something is definitely goin around.

I get a spider bug, but how does modulating a cv input delay audio output? Also why only the right main output?

Doesn't really make sense.

Ostermilk

15 Jan 2017

Amusesmile wrote:

Ostermilk, your idea about splitting things as a percentage of the audio is a great one. I've been talking internally with Michael about adding a "smart" threshold to all of our dynamics-based effects. Just something that would adjust itself, trying to keep X percent of the signal above/below, etc. I'm sure we'll get around to it eventually.
Sounds cool, thanks.
Amusesmile wrote: The general advantage to using Sunder as opposed to multiple gates in a combinator is the even splits during band transitions. I don't think you'll really be able to pull it off unless the gates were using identical length linear envelopes or something trivially simple. Sunder is able to use different shape/length envelopes without losing sum-to-one gain because everything happens internally. Don't get me wrong because you can definitely get cool effects using a crude two-gate system, it just doesn't have the same level of control/speed/detail.
This is the main reason I dig this device so much I had to buy it after an hours trial. Even when used as a convential gate you don't get that trade-mark stuttering on release like a standard gate, also I have a croaky voice and proportionally reducing the level of the top band makes me sound like I've quit smoking, sadly it doesn't improve my singing ability though.

The other more obvious benefit of this RE over a combination of devices is the incredibly well-designed, helpful visual display of what is happening while you are setting up.

I can see this becoming a goto RE for me for some time to come.

Ostermilk

15 Jan 2017

Galaxy wrote:Feel better, something is definitely goin around.

I get a spider bug, but how does modulating a cv input delay audio output? Also why only the right main output?

As you say it does sound similar to that ol' Master Insert bug. Pulling the spider physically out of the insert/combi whilst leaving it all wired up used to cure that one have you tried doing the same with this? I've not had trouble with the individual outs/returns yet but I haven't done anything spiderish either.

Galaxy

15 Jan 2017

Ostermilk wrote:
Galaxy wrote:Feel better, something is definitely goin around.

As you say it does sound similar to that ol' Master Insert bug. Pulling the spider physically out of the insert/combi whilst leaving it all wired up used to cure that one have you tried doing the same with this? I've not had trouble with the individual outs/returns yet but I haven't done anything spiderish either.
Spider in, spider out, doesn't matter, still happens. Using Sunder's send return makes no difference either.

However or where ever the cv comes from, it shouldn't affect the audio signal flow in Sunder, especially only in one of the stereo channels.

All that's happening is an external cv is modulating a threshold or gain level in Sunder, why would that delay the audio path in Sunder, especially just the right channel.

Buggy McBuggy needs a squashing!

Simple reproduction =

1 Sunder
1 Spider Audio MS
1 Pulveriser

Split Sunder's main out to the Spider.
Connect first Spider copy to mix channel.
Connect second Spider copy to Pulverizer, leave output alone.
Connect Pulveriser LFO and Follower to Sunder Low and High Thresold cv.
64 sample delay on Sunder Right Main Out.
Unplug Spider copy to Pulveriser, delay goes away, but you lose the follower signal.

Something's gotta give.

Ostermilk

15 Jan 2017

I can confirm the weirdness in this scenario. However removing the left channel out into the Pulveriser keeps the follower signal and doesn't affect the output.

Certainly though something strange is occuring, even stranger it doesn't happen with Blamsoft's or Jiggery's Audio splitters.

So I'm thinking it's a Reason spider problem rather than a UA problem.

Galaxy

15 Jan 2017

Ostermilk wrote:I can confirm the weirdness in this scenario. However removing the left channel out into the Pulveriser keeps the follower signal and doesn't affect the output.

Certainly though something strange is occuring, even stranger it doesn't happen with Blamsoft's or Jiggery's Audio splitters.

BAH! That was my next thing to look at, thanks for testing this out yourself.

Fekin props spider audio merger splitter POS! Kidding :D

What can be done about this, so weird that this even happens, especially cause it's cv being plugged in :?

No way to internally clamp the code or sumfing like that hmmmm?

Ostermilk

15 Jan 2017

Galaxy wrote:
Ostermilk wrote:I can confirm the weirdness in this scenario. However removing the left channel out into the Pulveriser keeps the follower signal and doesn't affect the output.

BAH! That was my next thing to look at, thanks for testing this out yourself.

Fekin props spider audio merger splitter POS! Kidding :D

What can be done about this, so weird that this even happens, especially cause it's cv being plugged in :?

No way to internally clamp the code or sumfing like that hmmmm?
I've sent in a bug report citing this thread and the previous spider in the Master Insert problem.

I won't be holding my breath for a quick fix though so meantime I'd get used to the Blamsoft or Jiggery spiders... :puf_bigsmile:

EnochLight

15 Jan 2017

Galaxy wrote:Fekin props spider audio merger splitter POS! Kidding :D

Yeah, I'd probably use Blamsoft's or Jiggery's Audio splitters instead, and grab Sunder for the intro price while you can.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

selig
RE Developer

15 Jan 2017

Can confirm this is the old Spider bug rearing it's head again. Will work with DrOcta Rex instead of Sunder, indicating it's not Sunder's bug!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Faastwalker

15 Jan 2017

Had a play with this over the weekend. Had a lot of fin with it. Works really well with drums I thought. But I did feel like I was spending a lot of time wrestling with the controls to try & get it working or doing anything. Maybe I'm approaching it all wrong? I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing with it to be honest but it sounds pretty cool when you get the parameters set-up correctly. I'm going to spend more time trialing to try & get my head around it a bit more.

Amusesmile

18 Jan 2017

selig wrote:Can confirm this is the old Spider bug rearing it's head again. Will work with DrOcta Rex instead of Sunder, indicating it's not Sunder's bug!
Great, thanks so much for confirming that it's an issue with the Spider. I took a look at it a few days ago trying a million tests with various combinations of them and couldn't make much of it besides confirming that, "yeah there's something weird with those mergers." Anyway, sounds like there's nothing to be done and I did confirm in the code that we're not doing anything fancy where we try to compensate for latency or whatnot.

Hope you guys are still enjoying the effect. If anyone happens to be at NAMM we'll be showing demos of some of our new plugins. To answer an earlier question, YES we are still working on a spatial modulation synthesizer. That's Ryan's current project. It won't be ported as a Rack Extension any time in the near future, unfortunately, but we're really excited to get it released in the other formats.

Loque

30 Aug 2018

Anyone knows how to contact the dev? This device does not support PDC and it really should do this...
Reason12, Win10

theshoemaker

30 Aug 2018

Loque wrote:
30 Aug 2018
Anyone knows how to contact the dev? This device does not support PDC and it really should do this...
When you click on their website https://www.unfilteredaudio.com/ on the support link you are redirected to https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/tech_support.html
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Loque

30 Aug 2018

theshoemaker wrote:
30 Aug 2018
Loque wrote:
30 Aug 2018
When you click on their website https://www.unfilteredaudio.com/ on the support link you are redirected to https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/tech_support.html
Thanks. But this seems to support only VSTs...well, i try it...But if this is the support way, i do not have much hope...
Reason12, Win10

theshoemaker

30 Aug 2018

Loque wrote:
30 Aug 2018
Thanks. But this seems to support only VSTs...well, i try it...But if this is the support way, i do not have much hope...
You can always try the props support. They should have the company email due to the registration process
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Loque

30 Aug 2018

theshoemaker wrote:
30 Aug 2018
Loque wrote:
30 Aug 2018
You can always try the props support. They should have the company email due to the registration process
Thanks for this hint...i send something through this support ticket system. i Wait a few days and will see...
Reason12, Win10

Amusesmile

30 Aug 2018

Hey this is Josh from Unfiltered Audio. You can always reach us at contact@unfilteredaudio.com. Did we add PDC to G8? It's been so long since we've worked on REs that I can't honestly remember. That'd definitely be a good update for Sunder.

Loque

30 Aug 2018

Amusesmile wrote:
30 Aug 2018
Hey this is Josh from Unfiltered Audio. You can always reach us at contact@unfilteredaudio.com. Did we add PDC to G8? It's been so long since we've worked on REs that I can't honestly remember. That'd definitely be a good update for Sunder.
I forwarded you the ticket. Thanks for your support!
Reason12, Win10

Loque

06 Sep 2018

Nothing heard anymore...i give up...
Reason12, Win10

Amusesmile

06 Sep 2018

Hey, Josh again. We got your request both in the forum here and in the support ticket. Sorry for the slow response! We're pretty caught up in the Byome release preparation over here (as well as our next plugin and a synth). I'd love to add this feature but it's going to have to wait until later this year when we have some space to push the update. I'll target December. Cheers and thanks for the heads-up.

Loque

07 Sep 2018

Amusesmile wrote:
06 Sep 2018
Hey, Josh again. We got your request both in the forum here and in the support ticket. Sorry for the slow response! We're pretty caught up in the Byome release preparation over here (as well as our next plugin and a synth). I'd love to add this feature but it's going to have to wait until later this year when we have some space to push the update. I'll target December. Cheers and thanks for the heads-up.
Thanks for the response and information!
Reason12, Win10

Faastwalker

07 Sep 2018

Amusesmile wrote:
06 Sep 2018
We're pretty caught up in the Byome release preparation over here (as well as our next plugin and a synth).
Are you guys still doing RE's? Love your RE's. Would love to see more ;)

scratchnsnifff

07 Sep 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
07 Sep 2018
Amusesmile wrote:
06 Sep 2018
We're pretty caught up in the Byome release preparation over here (as well as our next plugin and a synth).
Are you guys still doing RE's? Love your RE's. Would love to see more ;)
I know!!! I so want them to bring sandman pro to the Reason rack. Polar is sort of a similar concept, also they could probably make their g8 gate plugin look like the vst by using a custom display or something
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

friday

03 Sep 2019

Amusesmile wrote:
06 Sep 2018
Hi Josh, any news on this? I really like to push the buy button, but PDC is a must for the scenarios i want to use this device. If you still have plans to implement it, do you think that it will be dynamic depending of the look ahead value?

• Information