ИBOKC

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
jonheal

10 Jan 2017

Commie synth now 25 bucks. I am tempted.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... nthesizer/
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

chimp_spanner

10 Jan 2017

It's good! I often forget that I have it but it really does have a sound of its own, and it's nicely laid out. Filter section is perhaps a little bit bland but if you've got the primal audio stuff it sounds great through that.

challism

10 Jan 2017

This was my first synth RE. I got it when it first came out. And I still love it!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Jan 2017

I remember comparing it to Red70 and I actually prefered Red over Ivoks, well sound wise that is. I wanted Ivoks to sound better because it looks way cooler than Red :).
Still a nice synth though and if you like to keep it simple then it might be worth having.

But since I have both Red70 and Legend which is also great for gritty sounds I see no reason to buy Ivoks other than cool looks and workflow, both are vaild reasons btw.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 10 Jan 2017, edited 1 time in total.

chimp_spanner

10 Jan 2017

challism wrote:This was my first synth RE. I got it when it first came out. And I still love it!
Not counting the official PH stuff, yeah you know what I think it was mine too!

Skullture

10 Jan 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:I remember comparing it to Red70 and I actually prefered Red over Ivoks, well sound wise that is.
I remember reading an earlier comment from you, where you said the Red can do the same sounds as Ivoks, so it wasn't necessary to get it, that's why I haven't pulled the trigger (yet). I'm interesting to see if Ivoks' filter. The real thing has such an aggressive and massive sounding filter.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Jan 2017

Skullture wrote:
TritoneAddiction wrote:I remember comparing it to Red70 and I actually prefered Red over Ivoks, well sound wise that is.
I remember reading an earlier comment from you, where you said the Red can do the same sounds as Ivoks, so it wasn't necessary to get it, that's why I haven't pulled the trigger (yet). I'm interesting to see if Ivoks' filter. The real thing has such an aggressive and massive sounding filter.
I'd say if you're interested in Ivoks you should try it yourself. Please don't let my subjective experience stopping you from checking it out. My own comparison wasn't "scientific" in any way. No graphs or spectral analyzers were used. But to my ears at the time I tried them, I could get similar or better sounds from Red.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 10 Jan 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Creativemind

10 Jan 2017

Does look very nice. Nice for bass sounds.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

sdst
Competition Winner

10 Jan 2017

This synth is the little Legend, top vintage synth in reason. :)

Beautiful lead sound

dvdrtldg

10 Jan 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:Filter section is perhaps a little bit bland but if you've got the primal audio stuff it sounds great through that.
This cannot stand. I love the Ivoks filter!

chimp_spanner

10 Jan 2017

dvdrtldg wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:Filter section is perhaps a little bit bland but if you've got the primal audio stuff it sounds great through that.
This cannot stand. I love the Ivoks filter!
Let's fight about it! *slaps with duelling glove*

Actually I will retract that - had another play with it and it's got a really prominent resonance. Almost acidy.

So yeah. On second thoughts let's not fight :lol:

Skullture

10 Jan 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:
Skullture wrote:
I'd say if you're interested in Ivoks you should try it yourself. Please don't let my subjective experience stopping you from checking it out. My own comparison wasn't "scientific" in any way. No graphs or spectral analyzers were used. But to my ears at the time I tried them, I could get similar or better sounds from Red.
Not wanting to go offtopic, but a while ago if you agreed with someone on this forum you could just upvote them and they knew if you read the message. Now I have to reply, which is lame. Your opinion is much appreciated Tritone :puf_bigsmile: thanks for that.

Don't make me eat more memberberries :lol:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Jan 2017

Skullture wrote:
TritoneAddiction wrote:
Skullture wrote:
Not wanting to go offtopic, but a while ago if you agreed with someone on this forum you could just upvote them and they knew if you read the message. Now I have to reply, which is lame. Your opinion is much appreciated Tritone :puf_bigsmile: thanks for that.

Remember when we used to have the like button? Oh I 'member :)

ejanuska

10 Jan 2017

I'm tempted too...
Such a sucker for cheap REs that sound good.

motuscott

10 Jan 2017

Had some fun trialing this bad boy. For 25 rubles I may have to pull the trigger, roulette style.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Faastwalker

10 Jan 2017

Big fan of Ivoks. Love it for it's simplicity & tweakability. Cool little RE. Cool sounds, easy to use.

Skullture

11 Jan 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:
Skullture wrote:
TritoneAddiction wrote:
Skullture wrote:

Remember when we used to have the like button? Oh I 'member :)
Oh I member! Member Chewbacca?

After some thinking, I'm probably going to skip this deal because I have The Legend. Which is sufficient for all my analog sounding needs right now.

jonheal

11 Jan 2017

I joined the Red Army and bought the Ivoks.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

ejanuska

11 Jan 2017

jonheal wrote:I joined the Red Army and bought the Ivoks.
I have joined you comrade. Crack the domes of Saint Basil's with analog might!

jayhosking

11 Jan 2017

I'm a big fan of Red70, so I'm curious about this.

The_G

12 Jan 2017

Just downloaded the demo. Looking forward to messing with this one!
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

Mysterygrimms

14 Jan 2017

Bought for $25

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

frog974new

14 Jan 2017

jayhosking wrote:I'm a big fan of Red70, so I'm curious about this.
i've both of them but atm i prefer Ivock ;)
Red70 , i love the tune and feeling , Ivock still my first choice for my project . Very friendly and its go fast to setup a sound and its a pure mono oldschool synth . atm i use more Red70 for keys and stab.

olive6741

20 Jan 2017

Hi everybody! Do you know (or made) any examples with this synth ? (was there a challenge when it came out?) . I'm really interested in hearing this synth in action, because I'm not very inspired and good at the moment to do something with it while trialing. And I'd like not to miss it if its really a good idea to go with it at 25!

So if you are not annoyed to share something you made with it, it could be nice!

Thanks already!

(blank page syndrom... :) )

Re8et
Competition Winner

20 Jan 2017

IVOK BASSLINISH by Re8et.7z
(68.42 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
ИBOKC was my first RE, I upload a little patch I made with it, play around with the Matrix. Only for this patch to work you need CHARLOTTE also, as it is a 4 voice poly ИBOKC, the file is in 7z, and the password is very easy... :) Please don't share it with Skrillex! oh also the AMMO, I forgot.

Better patch with no password :
IVOK BASSLINISH 3.0 BY Re8et.7z
(68.12 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
still need AMMO and Charlotte, but no matrix this time, it's playable from keyboard.

Bad backdrop, sorry.

• Information