CV Tuner copy to track ?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Voyager

04 Jan 2017

Hello and happy new year :)

I would like to know if there is a way to copy to track the note source we get from using CV Tuner ? Or maybe there is a possibility to use a device like the Step Note Recorder to Record the CV Tuner note pattern into it ?
Voyager wrote:The thing is that i'm using cv tuner with a matrix mostly and when i get a good alternative melody that i like with cv tuner, what i want then is to be able to send the notes to track to make some slight note changes if i need to.

The copy to track isn't a priority for me but just an alternative way to see the overall notes combined with the matrix and cv tuner.

Otherwise if could send the notes ( still matrix and cv tuner combined ) to a Step Note Recorder it would be fine as well but i'm not sure it's possible, i've tried some routings but wasn't able to make it work. If someone has an idea feel free to share ;)
Last edited by Voyager on 05 Jan 2017, edited 1 time in total.

rcbuse
RE Developer

04 Jan 2017

Robotic Bean did an awesome writeup on using Reason 9 players and combinators to record all CV devices.

http://roboticbean.com/creative/2016/05 ... -reason-9/

Voyager

04 Jan 2017

Feeew that was fast :) i'll take a read, thanks :thumbs_up:

mataya

04 Jan 2017

great stuff, thanks.

Voyager

04 Jan 2017

This is for Reason 9 sadly and i'm on 7.1 :(

Voyager

04 Jan 2017

The thing is that i'm using cv tuner with a matrix mostly and when i get a good alternative melody that i like with cv tuner, what i want then is to be able to send the notes to track to make some slight note changes if i need to.

The copy to track isn't a priority for me but just an alternative way to see the overall notes combined with the matrix and cv tuner.

Otherwise if could send the notes ( still matrix and cv tuner combined ) to a Step Note Recorder it would be fine as well but i'm not sure it's possible, i've tried some routings but wasn't able to make it work. If someone has an idea feel free to share ;)

sdst
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2017

the Select CV Switch by Robotic Bean is free, You can connect 8 CV tuner to one matrix And use automation.

Voyager

04 Jan 2017

sdst wrote:the Select CV Switch by Robotic Bean is free, You can connect 8 CV tuner to one matrix And use automation.
I have the cv switch but it's not what i'm looking for, thanks anyway :thumbs_up:

Emian

05 Jan 2017

Voyager wrote:The thing is that i'm using cv tuner with a matrix mostly and when i get a good alternative melody that i like with cv tuner, what i want then is to be able to send the notes to track to make some slight note changes if i need to.

Cv-tuner output to combinator note cv-input and the matrix gate out to combinator gate input.

Put a Step Note recorder inside the combi, make sure it recieves notes in the combi matrix, arm record on Step and press play.

Done [emoji6]

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

jam-s

05 Jan 2017

On older versions of Reason you can hook up the generated note and gate CV to an "external midi instrument" and use a midi loopback to record those midi notes to another track.

Voyager

05 Jan 2017

Emian wrote:

Cv-tuner output to combinator note cv-input and the matrix gate out to combinator gate input.

Put a Step Note recorder inside the combi, make sure it recieves notes in the combi matrix, arm record on Step and press play.

Done [emoji6]
Flawless, thank you ! :thumbs_up:

Emian

05 Jan 2017

Voyager wrote:
Emian wrote:

Done [emoji6]
Flawless, thank you ! :thumbs_up:

you're welcome ;)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

• Information