Which of the Kuassa Eve EQs should I go for?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
leonxx1983

28 Dec 2016

I've been trialling the Eve EQ AT-1 4band EQ - I like it. I previously trialled the other 2 Eve EQs but have no recollection of them. My key aim is EQ'ing of individual tracks (main aim is to add character, warmth / bass / air etc.) rather than for mastering / eq of total mix. Which of the 3 Eve EQs should I go for? (can only get 1 right now).

jfrichards

28 Dec 2016

I have all three, my go to is the MP5

Arrant
Competition Winner

28 Dec 2016

I prefer the MP5 for mastering, but not for individual tracks since it's not ideal for cutting frequencies. Based on your needs I would suggest the AT-1. Besides, you already know you like it :)

mataya

28 Dec 2016

I bought AT1 and I'm very happy. None of the eq I tested sounded as good as the kuassa. I think they are modeled after pultec, 1073 and 1081.
I have all of those models in uad versions and I use them daily, but I have to say kuassa impressed me with ther eq's. I don't know about their amps and stuff, but eq are great.
They are all great in terms of sound quality, but I'm always happier with neve's when I mix, than pultec. Not to say Pultec is bad, but more often I hear neve's sweeter, especially in adding high's and mids. Pultec always wins in bass for me and removing mids.

So there you go, not helpful at all. :)

M

leonxx1983

28 Dec 2016

Thanks for the replies, that is helpful! Something is drawing me to the AT-4 though, as I have a feeling it's a bit more fun!? (in a less-is-more kind of way!?)

Ostermilk

28 Dec 2016

leonxx1983 wrote:Thanks for the replies, that is helpful! Something is drawing me to the AT-4 though, as I have a feeling it's a bit more fun!? (in a less-is-more kind of way!?)
The Neve 1073 or the 1084 that replaced it (AT4) were built with productivity in mind, the 1081 (AT1) has an extra mid range band.

Personally I love the AT4 design for the reduced time it takes to knock sounds into shape it's also easy to keep track of what tracks you are scooping out and which ones you are boosting when you are putting a mix together and want to stop frequencies of different instruments stepping on each others toes. To me it's exactly what a console EQ should be.

Other folk though like the extra control of the additional band and greater frequency choices.

IMHO the blurb on the product pages does a good job of outlining the differences between the two so it maybe worth a fresh look at those descriptions before you choose.

tobypearce

29 Dec 2016

If I had to choose one (and I don't - they are all good) I'd choose the AT1.

10khz is a lovely EQ frequency, famous for a reason as it adds air. It's great to add a touch of sheen to vocals.

I learnt this trick from watching this video from waves, which demonstrate their equivalents to these EQs. It would be helpful to understand more about the differences between these EQs.

The Kuassa versions look very different to the waves ones but the sound is great.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

Social Exodus

29 Dec 2016

leonxx1983 wrote:Thanks for the replies, that is helpful! Something is drawing me to the AT-4 though, as I have a feeling it's a bit more fun!? (in a less-is-more kind of way!?)
Why not just get the 3 EQ bundle? It's on sale right now anyway. I just paid $85USD for all three.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

evilpants

31 Dec 2016

Hi - I can't find the bundle in the store at all. You only posted about buying it 2 days ago, so I'm wondering if something is wrong - the bundle has definitely not been visible for me at all, not even a few days ago (I've been toying with the idea of buying the EVE series).

I logged out of my PH account in case something odd was happening there, but there are still no Kuassa bundles visible to me. The Kuassa website has a link to the bundle on the PH stop site, but all I get as a "page not found" error.

Can anyone else see the bundle?

Electric-Metal

31 Dec 2016

As I see this there is no specific Bundle, but if you purchase all the 3 EQ's on sale price, you're gonna pay the 85 Bucks he was refering to.
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

• Information