Black Friday has started

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Biolumin3sc3nt

24 Nov 2016

decibel wrote:have been eyeballing this for years ;) seems like its going to be on sale until the end of the year as well, nice

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/filter/

this also

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/dq/
Dude, I would have never seen that - Thank You!
Last edited by Biolumin3sc3nt on 24 Nov 2016, edited 1 time in total.

stratatonic

24 Nov 2016

joeyluck wrote:The Black Friday page (with black background) looks cool and I'm sure those complaining about the white background of the shop will be pleased when browsing.
Sure, browsing on the dark page, until they click on the link of something they are interested in, and get blinded by the white product page... :)

dennisjs

24 Nov 2016

TritoneAddiction wrote:
EdGrip wrote:Kilohearts Disperser (whatever it is, still don't really know), Faturator, and One synth are all half price. 50 of your currencies off of the kHs Toolbox too, now 149.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... earts%20AB
Disperser doesn't look like much because it's a one trick pony, but I find it pretty useful. It just brings out snap to sounds or turn flat boring sounds into something more exciting. Works great on drums (electronic) and basses. It doesn't always work but often enough to buy imo.
It was one of my very few impulse purchases that I thought I might regret, but it's been totally worth it, even for full price I paid for it.
:thumbs_up: This is the kind of non-biased helpful advice I really appreciate! Thanks!

Skullture

24 Nov 2016

Anyone using Fat Space on a regular basis? I like it a lot but I don't see me using it on most of my mixes. RP-Verb also does some nice room simulation, but it sounds completely different.

Skullture

24 Nov 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:
Skullture wrote:OK, I will get Pump too, probably, it's 15 bucks. That's fair.

Also, no Oberon... NO OBERON? How?
Oberon's a weird one for me. I proper lusted after it when it came out. Now that I have it, I don't use it anywhere near as much as I should. I spent a little time with it the other night though and I feel like it could be hugely powerful if I just find the right space for it in my workflow. The interface is pretty daunting though! It's almost a program within a program haha.
I tried it over a year ago, but I completely forgot how the workflow went. I've seen many people on this board write good comments about it. So I might pull the trigger on it if it's being sold for 50%/60% off. Sad it isn't part of the sale now.

chimp_spanner

24 Nov 2016

Skullture wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:

Oberon's a weird one for me. I proper lusted after it when it came out. Now that I have it, I don't use it anywhere near as much as I should. I spent a little time with it the other night though and I feel like it could be hugely powerful if I just find the right space for it in my workflow. The interface is pretty daunting though! It's almost a program within a program haha.
I tried it over a year ago, but I completely forgot how the workflow went. I've seen many people on this board write good comments about it. So I might pull the trigger on it if it's being sold for 50%/60% off. Sad it isn't part of the sale now.
Yeah it's one of those ones where you really have to set aside some time to learn it. It's architecture is not at all like any other stock synth in Reason, so you can't just look at it and figure out what's going on. I'd say it excels at digital/metallic sounds more, although I'm sure a skilled programmer could coax some warm, analogue sounds out of it. It does have some great features like waveform randomisation, and editable frequency response curves for the filter section.

Skullture

24 Nov 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:It does have some great features like waveform randomisation, and editable frequency response curves for the filter section.
Wish I could trial it again a second time to check it out. :oops: Shouldn't have tried it during a month were I didn't have enough time to invest in it.

chimp_spanner

24 Nov 2016

Skullture wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:It does have some great features like waveform randomisation, and editable frequency response curves for the filter section.
Wish I could trial it again a second time to check it out. :oops: Shouldn't have tried it during a month were I didn't have enough time to invest in it.
Well if you wanna know anything about it I'd be happy to answer any questions. Or you could just pull the trigger on it!

decibel

24 Nov 2016

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
decibel wrote:have been eyeballing this for years ;) seems like its going to be on sale until the end of the year as well, nice

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/filter/

this also

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/dq/
Dude, I would have never seen that - Thank You!

glad to be of service :)

Abstrax

24 Nov 2016

Anyone have some experience with the prop's Guitar REs? I want to make a decision between A-List Pop chords or Power Chords. Which one do you think is more useful.

Electric-Metal

24 Nov 2016

stratatonic wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:
fieldframe wrote:
Electric-Metal wrote:Sitting on the fence here.
Should I pull the trigger on Expanse, or on the combination Monopoly/KHs One :?:
The Korg and the KHs are solid choices, but if you have the budget (and a not-super-old computer), Expanse will open up way more possibilities.
I second this. eXpanse, if you just use it like a "normal" synth is hugely powerful.
I'll third that. eXpanse is a beast.

Thanks for the advice guys. I've already trialed each of them and yes, Expanse is a hell of a beast, so I think I'll go with that.

(Or I'll buy all three synths at once. Having food or paying your landlord is way too overrated anyways :lol: )
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Exowildebeest

24 Nov 2016

TritoneAddiction wrote:
EdGrip wrote:Kilohearts Disperser (whatever it is, still don't really know), Faturator, and One synth are all half price. 50 of your currencies off of the kHs Toolbox too, now 149.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... earts%20AB
Disperser doesn't look like much because it's a one trick pony, but I find it pretty useful. It just brings out snap to sounds or turn flat boring sounds into something more exciting. Works great on drums (electronic) and basses. It doesn't always work but often enough to buy imo.
It was one of my very few impulse purchases that I thought I might regret, but it's been totally worth it, even for full price I paid for it.
Cool, I'm grabbing it :)

I'm very interested in this phaseshifting thingy it claims it does, seems like it could do magic in certain mix situations.

Exowildebeest

24 Nov 2016

Skullture wrote:Anyone using Fat Space on a regular basis? I like it a lot but I don't see me using it on most of my mixes. RP-Verb also does some nice room simulation, but it sounds completely different.
I trailed Fat Space and liked it, but not enough to buy it. Had the same feeling about probably not using it that much. I own RP Verb but never use it...

TheGuyNotNamedBob

24 Nov 2016

Seriously trying to decide between getting MonoPoly and Noxious or getting both Polysix and Monopoly. Is something like the Reso Bell patch from Polysix able to be recreated in MonoPoly?

NekujaK

24 Nov 2016

Thank you, RE developers! Nearly everything on my massive want list went on sale. :clap:

However, there are a few holdouts I was hoping to pickup:
- Sonic Charge (Bitspeek, Echobode)
- Sononics (GSX, Revival)

Crossing fingers these will be added to the sale - my wallet is open and ready! :)
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

dvdrtldg

24 Nov 2016

buddard wrote:And Robotic Bean joins in the fray! Save up to 51% on our REs!
... apart from Elementary? Not surprised, considering it's so new, but no harm in asking

buddard
RE Developer

24 Nov 2016

dvdrtldg wrote:
... apart from Elementary? Not surprised, considering it's so new, but no harm in asking
Yeah, Elementary and Compare are excluded from sales this time around. We felt it would be a bit unfair to early adopters if we put them on sale so soon after release.

ThisIsNotTheMusic

24 Nov 2016

Antidote, Devastor2, Classic Drummer, Kuassa Creme. It was hard to stop there but I am topped up on Re's for the foreseeable future : )
https://soundcloud.com/hissotheusic

In space, no one can hear your song ....

dana

24 Nov 2016

Skullture wrote:Anyone using Fat Space on a regular basis? I like it a lot but I don't see me using it on most of my mixes. RP-Verb also does some nice room simulation, but it sounds completely different.
Fat Space is for short spaces - great for dance/techno music, RP-Verb i find more useful for illbient/ambient type sounds like pads.

Fat Space has a hidden modulation control on the back :) Fat Space also lowers the volume for some reason, you have to bring it back up with a gain RE.

RP-Verb has the ensemble which is really really cool when you dial in the right amount for that boc kind of sound. The swirl settings on the RP-Verb sound great to me, and the envelope is really useful as well.

The_G

24 Nov 2016

Ottostrom wrote:Synapse GQ-7 Graphic Equalizer 39€!
A steal at that price.
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

dvdrtldg

24 Nov 2016

buddard wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:
Yeah, Elementary and Compare are excluded from sales this time around. We felt it would be a bit unfair to early adopters if we put them on sale so soon after release.
Fair enough, will go ahead and buy Elementary anyway. Every time i think I've got enough CV/sequencing devices, you or Lectric Panda come out with some genius piece of kit that makes me realise I NEED MORE

Biolumin3sc3nt

24 Nov 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:
Skullture wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:

Yeah it's one of those ones where you really have to set aside some time to learn it. It's architecture is not at all like any other stock synth in Reason, so you can't just look at it and figure out what's going on. I'd say it excels at digital/metallic sounds more, although I'm sure a skilled programmer could coax some warm, analogue sounds out of it. It does have some great features like waveform randomisation, and editable frequency response curves for the filter section.
Everyone should check out Hydlide's take on it: pretty interesting

TheGodOfRainbows

24 Nov 2016

joeyluck wrote:The Black Friday page (with black background) looks cool and I'm sure those complaining about the white background of the shop will be pleased when browsing.
Correct.

TheGodOfRainbows

24 Nov 2016

And no sale on ReCycle. UGH. I can't imagine ReCycle has been flying off the shelves lately. Don't they want to sell it?!?!

TheGodOfRainbows

24 Nov 2016

And why don't they have audio demos of the Record Drum Takes ReFill?

For $5 each, I'm buying them all, but we need audio demos please.

Awesome deal though.

• Information