Black Friday has started

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Goriila Texas

26 Nov 2016

I just bought Index chord dictionary love the way it really helps you learn. I think it has a brilliant interface'

esselfortium

26 Nov 2016

fieldframe wrote:I'm kind of torn on Kratos 2. I know it's one of the best regarded, if not the best, maximizer for Reason, but I've been trialing it and I don't think I'm quite skillful enough an engineer to really make it more useful to me than the Mclass yet.
I'm feeling similarly. I know it's considered better, and I believe the folks saying it is, but I'm not finding the difference to be a discernible one to my ears. Not sure what I need to be listening for that I'm not hearing...
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

moneykube

26 Nov 2016

Arrant wrote:
moneykube wrote:monopoly keeps calling me... buy me... buy me... oh yes... buy me... what should I do?
This is definitely not going to help you not buy it, but Lectric Panda is supposedly working on a big generated refill for Monopoly :cool:
well... interesting... and kind of a deal maker... thanx for the info :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

moneykube

26 Nov 2016

Mysterygrimms wrote:
moneykube wrote:monopoly keeps calling me... buy me... buy me... oh yes... buy me... what should I do?
Polysix did the same thing to me and I caved.....
when I compared sounds of both synths , I found monopoly more to my liking for songs I make
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Bonkhead

26 Nov 2016

I got:

- Pump, a no brainer really
- Code Diggers DQ, for that surgical compression, cleaner than a 4dyn band.

I tested red rock MB compressor but the filters act weird, so I didn't get that RE.

Not sure there is anthing else I can use which I don't already have.

Mysterygrimms

26 Nov 2016

moneykube wrote:
Mysterygrimms wrote:
Polysix did the same thing to me and I caved.....
when I compared sounds of both synths , I found monopoly more to my liking for songs I make
I hear ya and definitely understand. You should always buy and use, what works best for you and your music production. I bought the Synthetic Rig bundle which included Monopoly, so I bought the Polysix to complete my collection of Korg RE's.

clone

26 Nov 2016

When this sale is done with, when will the next sale be back?

Just bought Mix and Master Bundle, but now I need to BUY MORE!!!

Now I'm eye balling Kratos 2, Fat Space. For the love of god some buddy stop me! i'm debating on purchasing synthetic rig on another credit card my wife never looks at!!

fotizimo

26 Nov 2016

Does anyone think there will be any further discounts for Cyber Monday? There are some great sales out there and I picked up a few, but I am wondering if anyone has seen greater sales for Monday.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

Libraquaricorn

26 Nov 2016

I got

Polymodular I
Ladder Multimode Filter
AS-16 Analog Sequencer

...and now I'm going to pull the trigger on The Legend as the xmass gift for myself this year and THEN I'm not buying another :re: until - AT LEAST - May Madness!

...that's a promise...

Hmmm, then I just need to locate the classroom where they teach Control Voltage and Modular Synthesis...Excuse me, Sir/Madam...

aisling

26 Nov 2016

clone wrote:When this sale is done with, when will the next sale be back?

Just bought Mix and Master Bundle, but now I need to BUY MORE!!!

Now I'm eye balling Kratos 2, Fat Space. For the love of god some buddy stop me! i'm debating on purchasing synthetic rig on another credit card my wife never looks at!!
I'm no stranger to consumption, gas, and impulse buys, as well as laundering gear money from the wife.... but i'm stepping up for an intervention on you behalf. If your not making music with the gear you have, nothin new will change any of it. There will always be next year. Don't buy! ;)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Nov 2016

Alright so now that most of you have bought a bunch of new exciting toys, make sure they get some proper use right away. I invite you all over to my "One Synth EP Challenge" thread :)
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7497676

Pick one RE synth and make a full EP with it. Set your own deadline for the project. And lastly, let us hear your music.

Make sure that new synth or those FX REs you just bought don't start their lives collecting dust in the rack. They deserve better than that.
So join us, let's write some tunes. Some of us have already started.

dhruan

27 Nov 2016

Plonked moneys for the Backline Rig 2, haven't really delved into refills that much so it is really nice to have the bass and drum libraries at my disposal, already tried some of them and they do make a difference.

Had most of the RE's there but... the stuff that I didn't would have added to about 700€ even with discounted prices so yeah, still a bargain. Radical Keys & Piano will be great to have. Scratching my head with the A-List stuff... Oh well, maybe I will find use for those too. And the Autotheory thingamajig, need to have a go at that, maybe I will learn me some music theory ;)
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

EdGrip

27 Nov 2016

Good intervention, Aisling. :thumbs_up:

I tend to use Reason as a big ol' synth/drum machine for my own jamming amusement, which also has the ability to record and sequence. So my focus in buying RE's tends to be synth- or effect-based. I've generally left the mixing and mastering stuff alone, as I don't feel I've bumped into the limits of the stock devices and SSL mixer yet in that regard (and a free compressor from Cakewalk is a lovely addition!)

I considered Pump, but I can do similar things with Synchronous if I don't want to do it the old-fashioned way.

mooseharris

27 Nov 2016

buddard wrote:And Robotic Bean joins in the fray! Save up to 51% on our REs!
But what happened to More Cowbell?

Trefor

27 Nov 2016

JP's Harmonic Synth and A List Studio Drummer were my scores this time. Looking forward to trying them both out this evening.

esselfortium

27 Nov 2016

I picked up Korg MonoPoly and Flower Audio Loudness Meter. Good stuff.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

gullum

27 Nov 2016

Not bought anything this years Black Friday already got most things covered. I might get expanse before this years has passed only RE I feel I need that I don't have already

sdst
Competition Winner

27 Nov 2016

Very happy with my new RE, Now Reason is on another level. :)

Faastwalker

27 Nov 2016

Think I'm going to finally pull the trigger on PSQ-1684 ($20 off the price for Black Friday). Been wanting to get hold of this for a while but it's a bit pricey, which put me off initially. Also really interested in Spectre Spectral Delay. I had a lot of fun with this on trial. It's pretty bonkers & more of a creative FX tool, which I like. Only $10 off of normal price so not a mega saving. It could wait for something with a more generous discount ;) Tempted by StrinkWERK as well. $69 down from $99.

mooseharris

27 Nov 2016

Polysix, Janitor, Megasaur. Even with a weak pound I had to get some stuff.

Annoyed I couldn't wait to buy StringWerk now....paid full price a few months ago.

Now, more Jiggery-Pokery toys after Christmas.

OverneathTheSkyBridg

27 Nov 2016

EnochLight wrote:Nice to see someone at Korg is paying enough attention to log into their account and put their RE's on sale. Would be fantastic if they'd actually release another RE! #not_bitter
Wouldn't it be awesome if they released their Volca units as rack extensions? I'd lose my shit!

fieldframe
RE Developer

27 Nov 2016

esselfortium wrote:
fieldframe wrote:I'm kind of torn on Kratos 2. I know it's one of the best regarded, if not the best, maximizer for Reason, but I've been trialing it and I don't think I'm quite skillful enough an engineer to really make it more useful to me than the Mclass yet.
I'm feeling similarly. I know it's considered better, and I believe the folks saying it is, but I'm not finding the difference to be a discernible one to my ears. Not sure what I need to be listening for that I'm not hearing...
So, on the good side, after spending some more time with the Kratos, I seem to have developed a better ear for compression transparency (more high-frequency content and higher gain really starts to sound rougher in Mclass), but on the bad side, now I have to buy the RE. :lol:

dvdrtldg

27 Nov 2016

Faastwalker wrote:Think I'm going to finally pull the trigger on PSQ-1684
Do it

DO IT

Faastwalker

27 Nov 2016

dvdrtldg wrote:
Faastwalker wrote:Think I'm going to finally pull the trigger on PSQ-1684
Do it

DO IT
Apparently this one is on sale until December 31st (according to the product page). So not all Black Friday sales are created equal. Looks like most of what I've looked at is is from the 24th November to the 28th November. Still time to get StringWERK ......... decisions, decisions.

EdGrip

27 Nov 2016

OMG DISPERSER IS INCREDIBLE do you use kick drums ever yes = Disperser

Disperser = ????
Disperser = Disperser.
Brexit = ??Disperser??
PMS-20 + Disperser + FREE kHs Limiter = DOOF

• Information