Black Friday has started

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Andy Hyde

27 Nov 2016

Well this time round I bought 3 three amazing REs, all good bargains:

- Synapse GQ-7
- Selig Leveler
- Selig Gain

The last two were impulse buys when I got back from the pub. But must say they are incredible, and serious props to Selig and the programmers.

Andy

StonyLix

27 Nov 2016

I bought the A-List Drummer Bundle for 99 !!! Stoked....
plus the Raiders pulled out a great win today over visiting Cam Newton & Panthers!!!
Now I just gotta fingeR out how to record CV out into midi data with A-List Drummer.
- Toaster aka StonyLix :cool:
Sync for hire: StonyLix@gmail.com :crazy:
:reason: :rebirth: :recycle: :refill: :re: :rt:
REAPER 5.29, Reason 9, Sibelius 7.5, Kontakt 5, Native Instruments, IKM, Arturia, Waves 8, T-Racks, LoopBe30, TuneSmith

dvdrtldg

27 Nov 2016

Faastwalker wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:
Faastwalker wrote:Think I'm going to finally pull the trigger on PSQ-1684
Do it

DO IT
Apparently this one is on sale until December 31st (according to the product page). So not all Black Friday sales are created equal. Looks like most of what I've looked at is is from the 24th November to the 28th November. Still time to get StringWERK ......... decisions, decisions.
Yeh but PSQ 1684 will get you psyched for more "CV experiments" YouTube vids. Hence my strong recommendation

ReasonUser

28 Nov 2016

Discount on Pump ended a few hours back. I thought it would be good through Monday like everything else. Well I guess it's only 4 bux more now. :)

Faastwalker

28 Nov 2016

dvdrtldg wrote:
Faastwalker wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:
Do it

DO IT
Apparently this one is on sale until December 31st (according to the product page). So not all Black Friday sales are created equal. Looks like most of what I've looked at is is from the 24th November to the 28th November. Still time to get StringWERK ......... decisions, decisions.
Yeh but PSQ 1684 will get you psyched for more "CV experiments" YouTube vids. Hence my strong recommendation
I was thinking the same thing :) It looks like one of the best realized RE's for Euro-Rack style tom foolery yet.

Tumble

28 Nov 2016

Synapse Ring mod removed from sale to get people to buy the bundle? lame.

Loque

28 Nov 2016

Tumble wrote:Synapse Ring mod removed from sale to get people to buy the bundle? lame.
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... modulator/

...And the price of the Bundle is very good.
Reason12, Win10

Tumble

28 Nov 2016

It's just that it was on sale yesterday

ejanuska

28 Nov 2016

Faastwalker wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:
Faastwalker wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:
Do it

DO IT
I was thinking the same thing :) It looks like one of the best realized RE's for Euro-Rack style tom foolery yet.

It's a lot of fun

jayhosking

28 Nov 2016

Hey! Longtime reader, first time poster. Just wanted to say thanks to all for being the best source of info on Reason and Rack Extensions on the internet. I've appreciated this resource for over a year!

I demo'd a bunch of synths/instruments, including mono/poly, polysix, stringwerks, the A-list drummers, etc. Ultimately, I chose Aurora (only $9! Hard to go wrong) and Red70, primarily because I can get a sound I really love from them really fast, even faster than Thor or SubTractor. If TritoneAddiction's EP challenge included multiple synths, these would be my beasts of burden. I know they're relatively simple analogue-ish synths, but they sound great and stack nicely with effects. As it stands, I guess I'll just make another record without the forum challenge!

As for effects, I finally picked up RedRock's multiband compressor (my background is with ProTools/Waves, so this C4-clone was a great find; now if only somebody would make a RComp-clone), Kratos2 (it was either going to be this or Ozone, and this one went on sale), and TSAR-1R. Over the past year I've been filling in the gaps in my Reason setup, and between those earlier purchases, the new Reason 9 sounds, and this sale, I'm happily set.

Although I'd take more amp modelling from Kuassa or somebody else...

MirEko

29 Nov 2016

I bought:
Kratos2
Mp5
Propolsion

And...

Monopoly (I am absolutely in love with this one, one of my most used RE is polysix and this is just as good if not better).

Now only one more RE I'm eyeing off and that's Republik percussion..
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

zvork

01 Dec 2016

Skullture wrote:OK, I will get Pump too, probably, it's 15 bucks. That's fair.

Also, no Oberon... NO OBERON? How?
Oberon is now on sale until the end of the year! Save 30% off the regular price tag.

jonheal

01 Dec 2016

Hey, folks, I've just caught myself using a great technique to allow yourself to blow more money on the Rack Extension sale — semi-guilt-free!!

I had resisted the sale altogether. Instead, I was going back and forth with my wife about buying a new couch. Eventually, we decided against the couch. Well, that's a $1000 saved! Blowing a hundred or so on rack extensions now feels like chump change! Woo hoo!!!
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

aisling

01 Dec 2016

jonheal wrote:Hey, folks, I've just caught myself using a great technique to allow yourself to blow more money on the Rack Extension sale — semi-guilt-free!!

I had resisted the sale altogether. Instead, I was going back and forth with my wife about buying a new couch. Eventually, we decided against the couch. Well, that's a $1000 saved! Blowing a hundred or so on rack extensions now feels like chump change! Woo hoo!!!
Kudos to you, I keep wife/family savings entirely separated from gear purchase budgets, If I talked her out of a SAS (stuff acquisition syndrome) purchase only to emerge with gear on my end, it wouldn't be a good situation.

jonheal

01 Dec 2016

aisling wrote:
jonheal wrote:Hey, folks, I've just caught myself using a great technique to allow yourself to blow more money on the Rack Extension sale — semi-guilt-free!!

Kudos to you, I keep wife/family savings entirely separated from gear purchase budgets, If I talked her out of a SAS (stuff acquisition syndrome) purchase only to emerge with gear on my end, it wouldn't be a good situation.
Well ... I didn't exactly tell her I was going to buy anything, and now you've got me nervous. :?
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

dvdrtldg

01 Dec 2016

My rationale is that REs are all tax deductible

So I'm actually saving money, right? or something like that

• Information