DEG-2 Dual Envelope Generator is in the Shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

TheGuyNotNamedBob

09 Nov 2016

This looks really cool!

What's up with the description saying CV while I only see Audio IO?

EdGrip

09 Nov 2016

Is there a limitation in the SDK which prevents anyone from making a cracking little graphical envelope generator? I appreciate that's more or less what Synchronous is, but it only goes so slow. Could workaround by halving the song tempo, increasing other devices' resolution etc, but still - I bet a competing graphical EG would go down well.

Having said that, this is a lovely bit of design! Lots of possibility, in a nice simple device.

tiker01

09 Nov 2016

EdGrip wrote:Is there a limitation in the SDK which prevents anyone from making a cracking little graphical envelope generator? I appreciate that's more or less what Synchronous is, but it only goes so slow. Could workaround by halving the song tempo, increasing other devices' resolution etc, but still - I bet a competing graphical EG would go down well.

Having said that, this is a lovely bit of design! Lots of possibility, in a nice simple device.
I guess Chralotte could be upgraded.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

rcbuse
RE Developer

09 Nov 2016

EdGrip wrote:Is there a limitation in the SDK which prevents anyone from making a cracking little graphical envelope generator? I appreciate that's more or less what Synchronous is, but it only goes so slow. Could workaround by halving the song tempo, increasing other devices' resolution etc, but still - I bet a competing graphical EG would go down well.

If you put Shape in "one shot" mode, it works as an envelope generator.
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... fo-editor/

Loque

09 Nov 2016

Draw your sample/curve in a sample editor and route this through Thor.

CV Mutant, Synchronious, Shape and Movement are quite nice for envelopes, and some Synths like 4Mer can ouput their envelopes too. Didnt tried the new Parsec, but this lacks a lot of CV in and out...
Reason12, Win10

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

09 Nov 2016

tiker01 wrote:

I did have the gui set up for a potential Charlie 2, but with Pitchblende out of the picture there was no-one to build it :( . That said, it's still a fine EG that has a number of unique features, even if in one or two other respects it's now a little behind the, ahem, curve!

jonheal

09 Nov 2016

What happened to the Pitchblend person?
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

ljekio

09 Nov 2016

Loque wrote:Draw your sample/curve in a sample editor and route this through Thor.
I think make more clarification about this device. It's dynamic driver of audio signal and close with Gain Reduction output of MClass Compressor but with minimal parameters of attack and decay 50 microseconds (not milliseconds). Audio transients will generate your CV envelope with 5 different modes.
There's nothing to do with the devices listed above.

Loque

09 Nov 2016

ljekio wrote:
Loque wrote:Draw your sample/curve in a sample editor and route this through Thor.
I think make more clarification about this device. It's dynamic driver of audio signal and close with Gain Reduction output of MClass Compressor but with minimal parameters of attack and decay 50 microseconds (not milliseconds). Audio transients will generate your CV envelope with 5 different modes.
There's nothing to do with the devices listed above.
Except the math its routing a audio through Thor and the CV out through a Pulverizer for Attack and Release. Scale it with Thors rotary. The max, average... functions are quite interesting...

Also this comes quite handy and i think its free:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ic-driver/
Reason12, Win10

tiker01

10 Nov 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote:
tiker01 wrote:

I did have the gui set up for a potential Charlie 2, but with Pitchblende out of the picture there was no-one to build it :( . That said, it's still a fine EG that has a number of unique features, even if in one or two other respects it's now a little behind the, ahem, curve!
Perhaps some other coder could help Scuzzy or perhaps another developer who already has a working solution could licence it e.g. Blamsoft?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

chimp_spanner

10 Nov 2016

Hey this is great though - I asked for something like this months ago so I had a simple means of env generation for Modular synths that didn't mean creating thors all over the place! A dedicated single or dual channel VCA is really all I need now. Unless one exists?

O1B

11 Nov 2016

LPanda's M4 keeps very busy watching multiple audio/cv sources.
Ravenherz, FYI, that area above the DEG-2 insignia is a PERFECT space for a Meter a la RRSound's Red70.
Also, in 1U form, Mode, ADSR values and a Graph(maybe) could be visible).

I bought it anyway... hoping for the updates. Congrats on your first 2 REs. I'm a customer!

Thanks for listening, Ravenherz.
rcbuse wrote: If you put Shape in "one shot" mode, it works as an envelope generator.
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... fo-editor/

Creativemind

11 Nov 2016

Another one without a video. Stop it now lol!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

FGL

12 Nov 2016

Nice Device.

There could be done very nice Effects with this. But I think for this it would be useful, if there where some audio mix chanel build in, so that you can mix the source signal globally in. A dry wet knob for the source Signal.

I have made some Combi that hopefully explains it better:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ic6g12iwrhwek ... x.zip?dl=0
Music:
My Songs on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@FGLucas-wj1eg.
My Songs on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/frank-georg-lucas.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

13 Nov 2016

I know the developer explained that he wasn't in a position to make videos for his REs yet. That's ok, but for a dumb user like me a video would certainly help.

The demo sounded interesting enough for me to press the try button. I fiddled around with it for a short while, but couldn't get anything useful out of it. To be honest I don't really understand how it works and my knowledge in the whole CV thing is pretty much non-existent.
I have a pretty good grasp on some things regarding music, like music theory, song writing and basic mixing, but I'm a retard when it comes to anything technical or logical, like all the wiring in Reason :)

It would be great if someone made a video showing how to use this thing. I could use some specific examples, not just a "you can do whatever you want with it" kind of answer. That only helps if you know what you're doing.

FGL

14 Nov 2016

To be honest I don't really understand how it works and my knowledge in the whole CV thing is pretty much non-existent.
This is not necessary. You can not really predict what generators like this will soundwise do. You use it like some LFO or normal Envelope Generator. But this get the signal from the audio you feed in. So it is more random and not that predictable like some LFO. It get the CV Curve from the Input Signal. Put the CV Signal you get from this in in some CV-In that you want to change and listen what happen. This works good with every Instrument that has CV in. With synthesizer you can create easy different patches that are more different to something you can build with the internal possibilitys and also different to some LFO or conventional Envelope Generator. And CV is in the end not different to turning Knobs or doing some automation for this.
Music:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

14 Nov 2016

FGL wrote:
To be honest I don't really understand how it works and my knowledge in the whole CV thing is pretty much non-existent.
This is not necessary. You can not really predict what generators like this will soundwise do. You use it like some LFO or normal Envelope Generator. But this get the signal from the audio you feed in. So it is more random and not that predictable like some LFO. It get the CV Curve from the Input Signal. Put the CV Signal you get from this in in some CV-In that you want to change and listen what happen. This works good with every Instrument that has CV in. With synthesizer you can create easy different patches that are more different to something you can build with the internal possibilitys and also different to some LFO or conventional Envelope Generator. And CV is in the end not different to turning Knobs or doing some automation for this.
Thanks for the reply.
Well I pretty much did what you described. I guess I just wasn't lucky enough to find any cool sounds during the short time I tried it. Or maybe it's just not for me. Who knows? I'll give it a go one more time later on before I decide.

FGL

15 Nov 2016

This is a little more special and advanced. Mostly if I do something like this I use the
BZR-1 Chaotic Signal Generator. But you can do it also easy with the CV Mod Output from Malström or Thor. And there is also the free RE Little LFO for this.
Music:

• Information