The RE2A IS in the giveaway!! (ENDED)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
joeyluck

04 Nov 2016

ClassickHitz wrote:I gotta say that I've wanted this RE for some time now but never pulled the trigger. Kinda felt a little slighted that Cakewalk didn't put it on sale even when other RE devs would offer Black Friday or Christmas promos and yet still Cakewalk would never participate in discounting at all.

Now to actually have both the VST/RE given to users for free is simply awesome on their part.

Thanks again!
They did have it on sale twice. And the last time it was on sale it was for 5 weeks! I got it for $49.
But this is really cool of them.

Not sure they will sell many after this though! Haha. With as stubborn as Reason users (and any software consumer) can be just knowing that something was on sale in the past, they will wait for that sale again and they will beg for that sale. But knowing it was given away for free? Not going to hear the end of that from new customers! They might have to permanently lower the price. Maybe they already plan to?

EdGrip

04 Nov 2016

Probably won't hear the end of it from previous customers either. ;)

joeyluck

04 Nov 2016

EdGrip wrote:Probably won't hear the end of it from previous customers either.
Well I'm a previous customer! I've had this for a year though, so it's more than paid for itself :D

Oaklandjonas

04 Nov 2016

I was one of the lucky to det the RE2A for free the other day. Today I installed the plug but soon found out that I could only use it when I was online. As soon as I went off-line it disappeared, just like it was a trial. How is it working for you?????

Aquila

04 Nov 2016

Mine's there fine. Did you ever trial it in the past? Perhaps you need to re-sync your authoriser.

drno
RE Developer

04 Nov 2016

I got mine. Thanks cakewalk!:-)

ezelkow1

04 Nov 2016

sounds like they are still sending them out. I emailed cakewalk today and instead of just my email they got my specific phead username to add me to their 'fast-track' list

Abstrax

04 Nov 2016

Hell yeah. Success. I got it at some point today. I now have 18 compressors....what am i doing with my life?? too many compressors. give me more compressor! :lol:

enkah

05 Nov 2016

it arrived, many thanx to cakewalk!!!

clone

05 Nov 2016

Ok so I made an account number thru cakewalk signed up and I only downloaded the PDF? Looking everywhere for the refill, nowhere in site?
Will it come later in an email??

clone

05 Nov 2016

enkah wrote:it arrived, many thanx to cakewalk!!!
What do you mean it arrived, you mean when you download it, it arrives a
hours or days later?

I tried it and it says that I down loaded it, but all I have Is a PDF.

QVprod

06 Nov 2016

clone wrote:
What do you mean it arrived, you mean when you download it, it arrives a
hours or days later?

I tried it and it says that I down loaded it, but all I have Is a PDF.

You can't download a RE from any site other than Propellerhead.

From earlier in this thread:

https://reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=288418#p288418

Keep in mind many of us did this about 2-3weeks ago, maybe you'll get it by the end of the coming week? You could always contact Cakewalk support to make sure

MDTerps2015

06 Nov 2016

I got mines. I had to go to my Prop Account page and download it from the RE tab in my account. I don't even know how long its been there because I created my cakewalk account weeks ago, lol.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

clone

06 Nov 2016

It's in my calk walk account, when I down load it, only gives me PDF file, not the RE2A.

Ok, I will be patient and wait for it, so I guess it will come in a email or something right.

That's why I asked, everyone is saying, it arrived like they have been waiting for it.

joeyluck

06 Nov 2016

clone wrote:Ok so I made an account number thru cakewalk signed up and I only downloaded the PDF? Looking everywhere for the refill, nowhere in site?
Will it come later in an email??
This is a Rack Extension not a ReFill.

The only place you can get a Rack Extension is through the Propellerhead Shop/your Propellerhead account.

If you selected 'Reason' as your DAW when filling out the Cakewalk form and used the same email that you use for your Propellerhead account, they will match your email to your username and add it to your Propellerhead account. You will then need to login to your Propellerhead account and 'Sync All' or just Download the RE-2A individually and Authorizer will sync just that license for you.

If you don't see it in your Propellerhead account soon (it is the weekend right now) I would contact them. I think the promotion ends Nov 7, so I would contact them Monday late morning/early afternoon if you still don't have it in your account.

Faastwalker

06 Nov 2016

Did anyone who has already received their RE2A not get an email confirmation?

QVprod

06 Nov 2016

Faastwalker wrote:Did anyone who has already received their RE2A not get an email confirmation?
No email. Just appears in your propellerhead account.

Faastwalker

06 Nov 2016

QVprod wrote:
Faastwalker wrote:Did anyone who has already received their RE2A not get an email confirmation?
So not even a confirmation email after you filled in the Cakewalk form?

https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/CA-2A/Free

Mysterygrimms

06 Nov 2016

Faastwalker wrote:
QVprod wrote:

Nope. It will appear in your prop account under the RE tab on your account page. You may have to scroll down some to see it though.

Faastwalker

06 Nov 2016

Mysterygrimms wrote:
Faastwalker wrote:
QVprod wrote:

Nope. It will appear in your prop account under the RE tab on your account page. You may have to scroll down some to see it though.
Cool. I keep checking but nothing there as of yet. All good though. I'm sure it will arrive sooner or later ;)

sumusik

07 Nov 2016

I must say after downloading this (thanks Cakewalk), I swapped out an MClass compressor with it on a vox track, tweaked the settings and (for my needs) all I can say is a definitive "wow".

selig
RE Developer

07 Nov 2016

sumusik wrote:I must say after downloading this (thanks Cakewalk), I swapped out an MClass compressor with it on a vox track, tweaked the settings and (for my needs) all I can say is a definitive "wow".
Vocals and bass guitar are the classic "wow" applications for this compressor in my experience. In a word: smooth.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

miscend

08 Nov 2016

I got mine both RE and AU. I'm going to shoot it out against T-racks LA2A.

craven

08 Nov 2016

awesome! got mine as well! thanks a million cakewalk!
:ugeek:

Noplan
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2016

it arrived in my friends account. He still doesn't know about it.

• Information