The RE2A IS in the giveaway!! (ENDED)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Ottostrom

20 Oct 2016

If you haven't already i would advise you to go to Cakewalks website and ask them to include the RE2A :)
Last edited by Ottostrom on 20 Oct 2016, edited 2 times in total.

sdst
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2016

I read that they don't remember the password to put the RE free

sad news for reason users

mcatalao
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2016

sdst wrote:I read that they don't remember the password to put the RE free

Come on, you can always retrieve it... Bah.

fieldframe
RE Developer

20 Oct 2016

Just to be clear, that was a theory I came up with based on my experience working at small-to-midsize companies. We have no idea if this is actually the reason. (Also, to be pedantic, I was not suggesting that they forgot the password, which can be easily retrieved, but they aren't sure who holds the account, so they wouldn't even know the username. That person might even work somewhere else now, etc.)

eusti

20 Oct 2016

fieldframe wrote:

Just to be clear, that was a theory I came up with based on my experience working at small-to-midsize companies. We have no idea if this is actually the reason. (Also, to be pedantic, I was not suggesting that they forgot the password, which can be easily retrieved, but they aren't sure who holds the account, so they wouldn't even know the username. That person might even work somewhere else now, etc.)
I think that this is a fair theory. :)

D.

Ottostrom

20 Oct 2016

fieldframe wrote:

If this was the case, could it not easily be fixed by contacting Propellerhead? They could make it so that if you fill out the form (which you do for the free CA2A) you get a promotion code that you put in at the checkout to make it free. I still think people should show interest! I got the response "Noted :)" from Cakewalk which keeps my hope alive.

dan_g

20 Oct 2016

Guys its Happening

cakewalk responded to this request. you can get a free copy of RE-2A now!!

Spread the Word!!!

Greetings
Dan_g
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

ljekio

20 Oct 2016

How it works?
In my account only CA-2A serial key.

Ottostrom

20 Oct 2016

dan_g wrote:Guys its Happening

cakewalk responded to this request. you can get a free copy of RE-2A now!!

Spread the Word!!!

Greetings
Dan_g
Please explain how you can get it! I really hope this is not a prank.

Ottostrom

20 Oct 2016

Holy shit he is not lying! Had to look through the source code to see what image he was trying to post and it was a screenshot from Cakewalks facebook that said "The RE-2A will officially be part of this promo. As long as you chose "Reason" for your primary DAW, the RE-2A will be delivered to your Propellerheads account, most likely by or before the end of October !"
Last edited by Ottostrom on 20 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

20 Oct 2016

Ottostrom wrote:Holy shit he is not lying! Had to look through the source code to see what image he was trying to post and it was a screenshot from Cakewalks website that said "The RE-2A will officially be part of this promo. As long as you chose "Reason" for your primary DAW, the RE-2A will be delivered to your Propellerheads account, most likely by or before the end of October !"
Can you pls provide a link?
Reason12, Win10

selig
RE Developer

20 Oct 2016

Ottostrom wrote:Holy shit he is not lying! Had to look through the source code to see what image he was trying to post and it was a screenshot from Cakewalks website that said "The RE-2A will officially be part of this promo. As long as you chose "Reason" for your primary DAW, the RE-2A will be delivered to your Propellerheads account, most likely by or before the end of October !"
Curious how they can deliver it to my account if they don't ask for my account name?
Has anyone followed through on this? Do they ask for your account name in a separate email, or what?
FWIW, I can find absolutely no mention of this on the Cakewalk site, or by searching the phrase you mentioned.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Ottostrom

20 Oct 2016

Loque wrote: Can you pls provide a link?
https://www.facebook.com/CakewalkInc/?fref=ts

Ottostrom

20 Oct 2016

selig wrote:
Curious how they can deliver it to my account if they don't ask for my account name?
Has anyone followed through on this? Do they ask for your account name in a separate email, or what?
Yeah this was my question as well. But hopefully we can get some more info by email.

selig
RE Developer

20 Oct 2016

Ottostrom wrote:
selig wrote:
Yeah this was my question as well. But hopefully we can get some more info by email.
Looks like Facebook, not the Cakewalk site, right?
Selig Audio, LLC

Ottostrom

20 Oct 2016

selig wrote: Looks like Facebook, not the Cakewalk site, right?
Yeah, the picture is from their Facebook.

selig
RE Developer

20 Oct 2016

Ok, I've gone ahead with the process to see what happens - will update in this thread…
Selig Audio, LLC

fieldframe
RE Developer

20 Oct 2016

Direct link to the signup form: https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/CA-2A/Free

I wonder if you have to sign up using the same email address as your Propellerhead account for them to be able to add it automatically.

sdst
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2016

first nintendo and now this

man, Today is a great day, Thank you cakewalk. :puf_bigsmile:

selig
RE Developer

20 Oct 2016

fieldframe wrote:Direct link to the signup form: https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/CA-2A/Free

I wonder if you have to sign up using the same email address as your Propellerhead account for them to be able to add it automatically.
As an RE developer I have no access to the email addresses of those who purchase my products. :(
For testing or free licenses, I MUST have the user name or I can do nothing.
I'm guessing they will ask for the user name via the email address you provide.
We shall see…
Selig Audio, LLC

dan_g

20 Oct 2016

selig wrote:Ok, I've gone ahead with the process to see what happens - will update in this thread…
did that too, but forgot about my pheads username. i hope they contact us somehow. no e-mail response yet
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

dan_g

20 Oct 2016

ah, got an e-mail with install instruktions... but i bet those are only for other plugin formats :)

Ottostrom

20 Oct 2016

dan_g wrote:ah, got an e-mail with install instruktions... but i bet those are only for other plugin formats :)
Yeah they are :/ Since they said in their FB post that we will get it at the end of October I think we just have to wait.

selig
RE Developer

20 Oct 2016

Ottostrom wrote:
dan_g wrote:ah, got an e-mail with install instruktions... but i bet those are only for other plugin formats :)
Yeah they are :/ Since they said in their FB post that we will get it at the end of October I think we just have to wait.
They will have to manually enter the user names, so they may be waiting to do a big batch at a time rather than one at a time.
Selig Audio, LLC

EdGrip

20 Oct 2016

Hello!
I'd love RE2A - is this available to anyone, or only Sonar owners?
What's the lowdown?

• Information