Parsec 2 is in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
eXode

07 Oct 2016

New in Parsec 2
  • Build your sound with 35 new generators, including resynthesized instruments and all of Thor’s wavetables.
  • Shape your sound with five new modifiers
  • New modulation sources and destination
  • Interactive displays: draw your filter curves, draw your pitch and partial envelopes, get visual feedback on all modifier parameters.
  • New routing of engine A to engine B
  • New modulation routings and an improved modulation interface: drag to the modulation destination
  • More precise knobs
  • 200+ new patches
Parsec 2 costs €119 EUR and the upgrade costs €39 EUR for existing owners of Parsec.

Last edited by eXode on 07 Oct 2016, edited 2 times in total.

dana

07 Oct 2016

Exode, did you create new patches for this?

riemac

07 Oct 2016

This looks great, good to see that Propellerhead is updating there existing devices!
I'm wondering if it is patch compatible to Parsec 1 and if I still have Parsec 1 in my account when I update or if it is replaced with Parsec 2?

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Oct 2016

Will Parsec 2 work on Reason 7, or is a newer version of Reason required?

joeyluck

07 Oct 2016

Drag to destination modulation routing :D

But too bad the new version can't be tried, especially since it's a paid upgrade...

riemac

07 Oct 2016

joeyluck wrote: But too bad the new version can't be tried, especially since it's a paid upgrade...
No trail for existing owners is bad :-(

Faastwalker

07 Oct 2016

I love Parsec so at $40 for the upgrade I think I'll go for this.

'Drag to destination modulation routing'. Does that mean no more ridiculous modulation menus? That would be bliss.

max|waves

07 Oct 2016

Bought during the last Black Friday at 69€. Now if I add 39€ for the update, at the end I buy it at full price.
Waiting for next Black Friday and hope ... :|

EnochLight

07 Oct 2016

TritoneAddiction wrote:Will Parsec 2 work on Reason 7, or is a newer version of Reason required?
Parsec 2 works on Reason 7.1 and later.
riemac wrote:I'm wondering if it is patch compatible to Parsec 1 and if I still have Parsec 1 in my account when I update or if it is replaced with Parsec 2?
All Parsec 1 patches are included in Parsec 2, but you cannot open Parsec 2 patches in Parsec 1. If you upgrade to Parsec 2, Parsec 1 is replaced in your rack.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

07 Oct 2016

Faastwalker wrote:I love Parsec so at $40 for the upgrade I think I'll go for this.

'Drag to destination modulation routing'. Does that mean no more ridiculous modulation menus? That would be bliss.
The new drag and drop (or rather, drag-to) destination for modulation is truly astounding - and the first time it's ever been included in a device. It makes modulation SOOOOOO much faster and easier!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

eXode

07 Oct 2016

dana wrote:Exode, did you create new patches for this?
Yes, I did patches for both Parsec and Parsec 2. :)

TheGuyNotNamedBob

07 Oct 2016

Looks sweet. Will have to think about trailing during a sale.

sonicbyte

07 Oct 2016

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

joeyluck

07 Oct 2016

I'm curious if native devices/other Rack Extensions will/can be updated with drag to destination modulation routing?

I'm also wondering if this is something involving a new SDK, or something that has technically been possible, but just required some cleverness.

Yonatan

07 Oct 2016

Nice surprise!

jonheal

07 Oct 2016

So I guess Propellerhead is going through a paradigm shift with their interface design. This new Parsec highly resembles the players which in turn exhibit characteristics that depart from the design of previous devices.

• Soft 90 degree shadows
• Lack of scruffy details
• No screws
• Interface widgets that clearly would not actually fit in the "virtual enclosure"

This new look is so clean, I wonder if it is not in fact actually vector-based. And the shadows are perhaps drawn on the fly using built-in operating system graphics methods, I reckon a scale-able rack may be coming soon.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Social Exodus

07 Oct 2016

joeyluck wrote:I'm curious if native devices/other Rack Extensions will/can be updated with drag to destination modulation routing?

I'm also wondering if this is something involving a new SDK, or something that has technically been possible, but just required some cleverness.
I would say that since Reason has not been updated since 9.1, and the fact that this runs on Reason 7.1 and after -- it has always been possible since at least R7.1. That bodes well for other REs I think.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

Mystile

07 Oct 2016

Well... There's 40 bucks gone

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

NaviRetlav

07 Oct 2016

dana wrote:Exode, did you create new patches for this?
Here you have the full list of sound designers that made Parsec 2 patches ;)
Attachments
ParsecPatches.jpg
ParsecPatches.jpg (100.1 KiB) Viewed 4423 times

Tumble

07 Oct 2016

What are the 5 new modifiers?

jonheal

07 Oct 2016

Look at all of those actual names! Secret identities revealed!!!
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

pjeudy

07 Oct 2016

Nice! wish I could demo this version.
Last edited by pjeudy on 07 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

buddard
RE Developer

07 Oct 2016

joeyluck wrote:I'm curious if native devices/other Rack Extensions will/can be updated with drag to destination modulation routing?

This is actually quite easy to implement using custom displays, it's just that they were the first to think of it. :-)

tiker01

07 Oct 2016

buddard wrote:

This is actually quite easy to implement using custom displays, it's just that they were the first to think of it. :-)

At least i know you are still alive :D

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

joeyluck

07 Oct 2016

buddard wrote:

I was just recently admiring this feature on u-he's Hive, thinking "If only..." :D

• Information