Parsec 2 is in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
antic604

19 Sep 2018

fieldframe wrote:
18 Sep 2018
All the angles and bevels might have looked cool to some, but they didn’t really fit. Angles and curves are fine if you’re designing a car, but for something with a lot of rectangular displays and controls like a synthesizer, they just look tacked-on. Parsec 2’s less flashy layout is much better.

Lastly, Parsec 1 just didn’t quite look like a Propellerhead device. It wasn’t up to the exacting standard of Thor or Mälstrom, while Parsec 2 manages to look the part. (I have the same criticism of Europa and Grain; I hope some future version of Reason revisits some of the more arbitrary design decisions around those devices.)
:o

:?

:cry:

Nothing personal, but I'm glad you're not in charge of Reason UI design... Yes, maybe Parsec v1 was 'cool' and 'flashy'. but v2 is strictly utilitarian, tiring on the eyes (way too bright and contrasting) and just boring.

Funny how tastes differ ;)

scratchnsnifff

19 Sep 2018

I’d love to see parsec get phase distortion!

Or If they made a version 3.0

Parsec could be a 2 page synth with double the oscillators

So 4 generators and 8 modifiers
User sample for resynthisis:)

Europa/grain effects
Keep the parsec 2 GUI :) I love the blue and white GUI
The fact that parsec 2 has some resynthisis waveforms makes me think that the props may have had a spectral synth idea/plan on the back burner

Oh and parsec3 could use a nice analog modeled filter that would really sweeten the deal 😁
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Loque

19 Sep 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
19 Sep 2018
^^^^^This!
Reason12, Win10

marcuswitt

19 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
19 Sep 2018
scratchnsnifff wrote:
19 Sep 2018
^^^^^This!
^^^^This, again!… plus:
• a Vector field that allows to morph between the spectrums of those 4 generators,
• Europa’s/Grain’s envelopes and FX section

scratchnsnifff

19 Sep 2018

marcuswitt wrote:
19 Sep 2018
Loque wrote:
19 Sep 2018

^^^^^This!
^^^^This, again!… plus:
• a Vector field that allows to morph between the spectrums of those 4 generators,
• Europa’s/Grain’s envelopes and FX section
WOah woah woah, Now that’s insanity

Mattias, make it happen please :) would pay greatly for these features lol

It’s discussions like this, that make me wish I had my own developer to throw ideas at
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

• Information