Last day of the sale; had to make a decision...

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
chimp_spanner

04 Sep 2016

And it had to be the A-List Drummer bundle. Seriously, for as much as I love Reason I've always struggled so hard to get great drum sounds (with Alt Drums, RDK, etc.). I think the layers and layers of instruments buried in combis is what put me off. The A-List Drummers totally sidestep all that. The samples are fantastic, the kits are super playable, and when you chain all three together...my word.

Oh I also picked up JP's Harmonic Synth because it's just straight up awesome. I think...that's probably me done for a while.

tomba

04 Sep 2016

Is the AList drummer only have live kits?

Good pick up on that Harmonic Synth things is pure Jarre
:reason: :re:

chimp_spanner

04 Sep 2016

Yeah A-List is all acoustic, although with the multi-outs and CV in/out you could create some awesome hybrid acoustic/electronic kits. Having a lot of fun right now chaining the Quadelectra Jackboxes to the A-List.

Yeah Harmonic is super versatile. I love the noise modulation as well.

tomba

04 Sep 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:Yeah A-List is all acoustic, although with the multi-outs and CV in/out you could create some awesome hybrid acoustic/electronic kits. Having a lot of fun right now chaining the Quadelectra Jackboxes to the A-List.

Yeah Harmonic is super versatile. I love the noise modulation as well.
Oh thats right I hadnt "alt tabbed" the back LOL

I have to check that out now.

WOW and i JUST did. theres seperate kick snare etc's!

VERY cool
:reason: :re:

Social Exodus

04 Sep 2016

So did I...Also got the radical piano and radical keys. Nice additions in my book.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

jonheal

04 Sep 2016

I bought a small bundle on sale and two things not on sale.

The "loss leader" technique worked! I am putty in marketing's hands!
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Mystile

04 Sep 2016

i had already planned on getting the drummer bundle so that was a given......

now i'm trying to decide, nothing else...ooor antidote..predator....or even the synth rig since it's discounted...im lost on what to do haha

bunjarosejake

04 Sep 2016

Does the sale end midnight today or tomorrow ?

chimp_spanner

04 Sep 2016

Mystile wrote:i had already planned on getting the drummer bundle so that was a given......

now i'm trying to decide, nothing else...ooor antidote..predator....or even the synth rig since it's discounted...im lost on what to do haha
I personally really like Antidote, mainly for its unison section. Really lush/wide. Great for basses and pads.

dvdrtldg

04 Sep 2016

Picked up the A-List Drummer bundle, very happy with it

Also got the RexpandRe Tech House refill, Kratos 2 Maximizer and Wiz Audio's Additive Oscillator (which wasn't on sale)

Oh yeah and RE3Q Equalizer

I think I'm done for a while

xRwu8

04 Sep 2016

Just picked up Solaris, Chenille, Steerpike BBD, and Vermilion. Been wanting these for awhile, very happy :thumbup:
:reason: :recycle: :refill: :re: :rt:

kuhliloach

04 Sep 2016

Polysix. Finally! (I hope Korg makes an MS-20 for Reason one day.)

MannequinRaces

05 Sep 2016

Pulled the trigger on PX7. Lots of other goodies I wanted to buy but will wait until sales later this year.

Fretless Fingers

06 Sep 2016

Really wanted the A list drummers and had planned for the sales. Just need the money for grown up shit right now.

I did get Ammo 400R and Chenille which I've been wanting so things turned out well.
:reason: v10 :record: :recycle: :refill: :re: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :ignition:
reason-expert.com Author, video maker, producer

shropshirelad

06 Sep 2016

I got the Drummers, Republik, Cerberus & EVE-MP5. Really wanted Mix/Mastering rig but as with the others, I own too much of it to make it feel like a good deal, even though it really is. Wouldn't it be great if props could find a way of offering a better price to people with, say, 50% of a rig already purchased.

alex

07 Sep 2016

I ended up getting:
  • JP Republik 25€ (I felt like I was stealing it at that price! :oops: )
  • Alt Drums I 39€
  • Soul School II 29€
and ... Fritz, which was (is) not on sale but I had to do because I was blown away since my first try of it :)

Now I have to find a way to save money for eXpanse ...
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

chimp_spanner

07 Sep 2016

Fretless Fingers wrote:Really wanted the A list drummers and had planned for the sales. Just need the money for grown up shit right now.

I did get Ammo 400R and Chenille which I've been wanting so things turned out well.
We just moved house. Rack Extensions are not what I should be buying right now haha. But I do legitimately need them for a project...

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Fretless Fingers

08 Sep 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:
Fretless Fingers wrote:Really wanted the A list drummers and had planned for the sales. Just need the money for grown up shit right now.

We just moved house. Rack Extensions are not what I should be buying right now haha. But I do legitimately need them for a project...

Oh I'm just jealous. I have wanted the Drummers since release and waited for the sale. Just happened the same week my iPhone died, and my Volvo's radiator had a 4 inch crack. Had to prioritize and I still over-drafted my account. Such is life :roll:
:reason: v10 :record: :recycle: :refill: :re: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :ignition:
reason-expert.com Author, video maker, producer

chimp_spanner

09 Sep 2016

Fretless Fingers wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:

Oh I'm just jealous. I have wanted the Drummers since release and waited for the sale. Just happened the same week my iPhone died, and my Volvo's radiator had a 4 inch crack. Had to prioritize and I still over-drafted my account. Such is life :roll:
I feel you man. The wind just took out our side gate, my car's driver's side window has fallen into the door and I've not even acoustically treated my room yet.

...and I'm contemplating buying all the Volcas. WHY.

• Information