Revival redesign

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Marco Raaphorst

30 Aug 2016

check http://rekkerd.org/audreio-launches-rev ... th-plugin/

not the same thing though, it lacks the audio routing on the back and CV. so the RE version is MUCH better :) like this design though.

satyr32

30 Aug 2016

A visual redesign is badly needed, but new design is still not a beauty but a step in the right direction.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

esselfortium

30 Aug 2016

This definitely looks cleaner and easier on the eyes than the original design used in the RE, though I think the use of a display font for all the labels detracts from it a bit. I think it'd look nicer (and be easier to read and understand at a glance) if that font was just used for the larger headers, with something different/simpler/not-allcaps used for the control labels themselves.

It is also kind of a shame to lose the more unique wooden aesthetic, as awkwardly-executed as it was.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

miscend

30 Aug 2016

The RE version could do with a new GUI

Marco Raaphorst

30 Aug 2016

It is a new developer so I am not sure about any future RE updates. I would never rebuy this RE just for the design only

joeyluck

30 Aug 2016

Marco Raaphorst wrote:It is a new developer so I am not sure about any future RE updates. I would never rebuy this RE just for the design only
What do you mean by rebuy? Are you saying you think it will be handled in the Propellerhead shop differently than just reassigning the ownership of the products/pages as is?

decibel

30 Aug 2016

prefer the origional, atleast it has character, this is just ugly imo :) lol

miscend

30 Aug 2016

joeyluck wrote:
Marco Raaphorst wrote:It is a new developer so I am not sure about any future RE updates. I would never rebuy this RE just for the design only
What do you mean by rebuy? Are you saying you think it will be handled in the Propellerhead shop differently than just reassigning the ownership of the products/pages as is?
Is it not the same developer with a different name?

eusti

30 Aug 2016

Hopefully the update is going to happen to the RE as well... A free update with hopefully a ton of new sounds could do that synth some serious good!

D.

joeyluck

30 Aug 2016

miscend wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
It's a different developer. Audreio acquired Sononics.

dvdrtldg

30 Aug 2016

joeyluck wrote:They did say they would probably update the RE at some point :)

It does look easier to comprehend!

I do have my issues with the over-crowded Revival UI... but this one is horrible

Marco Raaphorst

31 Aug 2016

joeyluck wrote:
Yeah I am not sure if the update will be applied to this new company. We have to see how that goes.

I can understand people not liking this design change. The thing I only dislike about the original is the smear on the wood panel. It's pained brushed in a rather awful way. Could be fixed super easily though.

Another wish I have, I am sure it will not be included in this update: stereo processing on the Preamp models. The whole thing is in STEREO except for the Preamp.

Vince-Noir-99

31 Aug 2016

Good to hear a re-design is planned but what I see doesn't seem like a great step forward in my opinion. The black theme looks sleek but I'd rather keep the wood and make that more realistic instead. As far as layout, I'd borrow from Logic's B3 and make 1 main drawbar interface with tabs to access Attack, Primary, Secondary and Release. Mod 1, 2, 3 could aslo be tabbed.
Revival is a superb synth! I would use it much more if the interface were a bit easier and prettier.
Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 10.45.07.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 10.45.07.png (464.47 KiB) Viewed 4233 times

miscend

31 Aug 2016

joeyluck wrote:
miscend wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
Interesting. Did Audreio buy the GSX graphic shaper as well? That has a GUI more similar to the new Revival one.

So what happened to the guy who made the original? If I remember correctly he used to work at Cakewalk making Sonar. I was hoping he would make more rack extensions. All the ones he did were tops.

EpiGenetik

31 Aug 2016

miscend wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
miscend wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
Interesting. Did Audreio buy the GSX graphic shaper as well? That has a GUI more similar to the new Revival one.

So what happened to the guy who made the original? If I remember correctly he used to work at Cakewalk making Sonar. I was hoping he would make more rack extensions. All the ones he did were tops.

Audreio acquired Sononics including the entire product line and IP :D

Not keen on the new design tbh and I may stick with the original GUI, particularly if it does turn out to be a paid upgrade.

Gardinski

31 Aug 2016

I think the original wood-panelled version has much more charm. This looks far too bland and generic.

Yonatan

01 Sep 2016

A change would be nice, my problem now is that its so very hard to see what you are doing with Revivals current look.
Very cluttered and muddy dark. I welcome a change, as it cannot get worse than is now.

joeyluck

03 Sep 2016

Just a very crude mockup to get some ideas going...
More of a 'use your imagination' example ;)

I just bucket dumped the wood patterns and edited the knobs a bit.
The text would certainly need to change...
Audreio-Revival.jpg
Audreio-Revival.jpg (399.85 KiB) Viewed 4097 times
Is this something more like what people had in mind who like the wood look?
What is it that people don't like about the new GUI? What would you like to see?
I think the new layout is better. If it comes down to just choice in graphics, color, and font, I would think Audreio could accommodate that.

dhruan

03 Sep 2016

I actually prefer the original. A lot. Hiding stuff behind panels is not a good move, I like having all in the open if at all possible. Yeah, it might feel a bit cluttered but there is a distinct flow to it and it just works. As in, "If it works, don't fix it".
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

Leo (Audreio)

06 Sep 2016

Hi all,

I work for Audreio (the company that now develops Revival and GSX) and find the conversation in this thread very interesting, in particular the different reactions to the new UI design. If you have specific things you like or dislike of the previous or current UI, please send me a line. While we have plans to update the RE at some point, our focus is to first bring the REs to the other plug-in formats, then we can go back and make updates to the REs.

Cheers,
Leo

joeyluck

06 Sep 2016

Leo (Audreio) wrote:Hi all,

I work for Audreio (the company that now develops Revival and GSX) and find the conversation in this thread very interesting, in particular the different reactions to the new UI design. If you have specific things you like or dislike of the previous or current UI, please send me a line. While we have plans to update the RE at some point, our focus is to first bring the REs to the other plug-in formats, then we can go back and make updates to the REs.

Cheers,
Leo
Thank you for joining ReasonTalk and chiming in Leo!

Happy to have you here :puf_smile:

miscend

10 Feb 2018

Audreio have not kept their promise of updating the RE. I don’t even think the VST has had any recent updates.

Anyway has anyone had any success recreating Hammond with Leslie speaker cabinet patches?

AuralBee

11 Feb 2018

Ah, indeed, the redesign! I sent them an e-mail today inquiring about that updated GUI. I love the RE, but it is so ugly it makes my eyes water :?

Marco Raaphorst

11 Feb 2018

miscend wrote:
10 Feb 2018
Audreio have not kept their promise of updating the RE. I don’t even think the VST has had any recent updates.

Anyway has anyone had any success recreating Hammond with Leslie speaker cabinet patches?
Revival this superb.

Doesn't get any better than this:

:D

• Information