Blamsoft's Expanse Hyperwave Synthesizer Song Challenge | The Announcement

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Majestik Monkey

08 Sep 2016

Comp Entry Updated !
Last edited by Majestik Monkey on 11 Sep 2016, edited 2 times in total.

Noise
Competition Winner

10 Sep 2016

I want to join this party!

Joined!
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

East Island

10 Sep 2016

Here's my track.
Love to join, and love the synth.
:puf_wink:
A Controle Freak. Loves Logic&Reason&Luna ;) , remote controllers.
https://soundcloud.com/east-island

VHS

10 Sep 2016

Entry #2

Keeping it short and dirty.

pjeudy

10 Sep 2016

VHS wrote:Entry #2

Keeping it short and dirty.

BANGER !!
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

bepemixer

10 Sep 2016

Io uso Reason perchè funziona sempre!! : :reason: :record: :recycle: :ignition: :refill: :reload:

altron

10 Sep 2016

Here's my song challenge contribution ... #synthwave

Trap is where music goes to die.

Buddaka

11 Sep 2016

This is my entry for the challenge. I'm blown away with all these good entries so far. Really great stuff out there.

lijewski

11 Sep 2016

Here is my entry.

tsteger

11 Sep 2016

chimp_spanner

11 Sep 2016

Hey guys! What are the rules on using acapellas? Found a fantastic DIRTY grime acapella but if it's best to stay away from commercial stuff then I will :)

*NVM, actually read the rules properly and found my answer!

TheGodOfRainbows

12 Sep 2016

Noel G. wrote: What you may not use in your song:
  • Any copyrighted material (Note: Breakbeat samples from the Factory Soundbank are cleared for use according to Propellerhead Software)
This threw me off. Isn't everything in the FSB (or any purchased ReFill) are cleared for use? Is there copyrighted material in the FSB that is NOT cleared? :?

I was going to used a few basic factory Dr Rex drum loops. That's ok right? Or, must they be acoustic drum loops?

Reasonistas
RE Developer

12 Sep 2016

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
  • Any copyrighted material (Note: Breakbeat samples from the Factory Soundbank are cleared for use according to Propellerhead Software)
This threw me off. Isn't everything in the FSB (or any purchased ReFill) are cleared for use? Is there copyrighted material in the FSB that is NOT cleared? :?

I was going to used a few basic factory Dr Rex drum loops. That's ok right? Or, must they be acoustic drum loops?
Short answer: Yes

Long answer: What we are saying is you may not use copyrighted material (i.e. sample a breakbeat from a record) in your submission unless you own the rights or have received written permission. However, the FSB is full of sampled breakbeats that are cleared for use according to Ph. As an example, the eLAB Rex patch "Chm01_Brassics_125-eLAB.rx2" is a straight up sample of Skull Snaps "It's A New Day" from 1978. According to Propellerhead Software, eLab cleared these samples for commercial use in Reason, so under the rules of this competition this is not considered copyright infringement because the sample is coming the Factory Soundbank.
ImageImageImage

chimp_spanner

12 Sep 2016

My first competition entry! Kind of gone for a hybrid UK Grime/Bass sound.

16 Expanses, two vocal samples and some drums. The mix is a bit crappy; moved to a new house/studio and my room needs treatment. Back on headphones again, just as I was really getting comfortable with speakers!

exxx

12 Sep 2016

I do not speak English well ...

3 Expanse
1 Kong

sample & effect in Reason 9

-

ps. maybe SSD might slow down REASON using expanse

busystreetstudio

12 Sep 2016

I am assuming it is okay to use my Mojomojo Overdrive pedal when recording my guitar? Or do I have to use the Amp sims in Reason? (gets sick from shrillness) Kind of hard to get a good guitar tone without any pedals and only using the preamp in my audio interface.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

12 Sep 2016

busystreetstudio wrote:I am assuming it is okay to use my Mojomojo Overdrive pedal when recording my guitar? Or do I have to use the Amp sims in Reason? (gets sick from shrillness) Kind of hard to get a good guitar tone without any pedals and only using the preamp in my audio interface.
The rules do not allow external plug-ins or hardware to keep a level playing field.
Song Challenge Rules.png
Song Challenge Rules.png (46.91 KiB) Viewed 2089 times
ImageImageImage

Majestik Monkey

12 Sep 2016

Hi Noel '

On page one of this Thread ' where all the Entries are post by Number ! My # 12 Majestik Monkey iXpanSaw ' does not show up
since i updated the file yesterday ! can that be resolved do you know , Thanks Jamie.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

12 Sep 2016

Majestik Monkey wrote:Hi Noel '

On page one of this Thread ' where all the Entries are post by Number ! My # 12 Majestik Monkey iXpanSaw ' does not show up
since i updated the file yesterday ! can that be resolved do you know , Thanks Jamie.
You're all set, Jamie.
ImageImageImage

Majestik Monkey

12 Sep 2016

Noel G. wrote:
Majestik Monkey wrote:Hi Noel '

You're all set, Jamie.
Thank's Noel . :thumbs_up:

ARAlife

12 Sep 2016

One question, it is possible to upload my beat on this Page directli?

Because i have no Soundcloud or any other platform.

Ps: Allihoopa is not for me ;)

Reasonistas
RE Developer

12 Sep 2016

ARAlife wrote:One question, it is possible to upload my beat on this Page directli?

Because i have no Soundcloud or any other platform.

Ps: Allihoopa is not for me ;)
Sure, as long your uploaded song file can be added to the list in this thread and it plays for the judges.
ImageImageImage

TheGodOfRainbows

13 Sep 2016

Noel G. wrote:
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:

Long answer: What we are saying is you may not use copyrighted material (i.e. sample a breakbeat from a record) in your submission unless you own the rights or have received written permission.
Ok I understand.

Also, we don't need to join the SoundCloud group as in previous challenges? All we do is drop our song here on Reason Talk? Is this because of SoundCloud's new policies?

Btw, I'm always surprised how many people submit their entry with weeks to spare! I feel like I never have enough time. I usually work until the 11th hour.

Thank you for another Song Challenge!!!! :D

Reasonistas
RE Developer

13 Sep 2016

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
Noel G. wrote:
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:

Long answer: What we are saying is you may not use copyrighted material (i.e. sample a breakbeat from a record) in your submission unless you own the rights or have received written permission.
Ok I understand.

Also, we don't need to join the SoundCloud group as in previous challenges? All we do is drop our song here on Reason Talk? Is this because of SoundCloud's new policies?

Btw, I'm always surprised how many people submit their entry with weeks to spare! I feel like I never have enough time. I usually work until the 11th hour.

Thank you for another Song Challenge!!!! :D
SoundCloud no longer allows users to create groups, so each song must be posted here and we will add them to the 2nd post in this thread confirming acceptance into the challenge.
ImageImageImage

busystreetstudio

13 Sep 2016

I guess I'm confused on the guitar thing. It's okay to record it and use it. but I can't use my amp, a microphone, or a pedal because those are all outboard gear? Can you please give me the method on how you would like us to record guitar?

I'll probably not use the guitar but just curious what would be acceptable if I decided to. Sorry to bug you! :puf_smile:

• Information