Blamsoft's Expanse Hyperwave Synthesizer Song Challenge | The Announcement

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Ollie

29 Sep 2016

So I found out about this contest on Monday night... =P

Here's my entry (or what I could make of it in that time):

Majestik Monkey

29 Sep 2016

Ollie wrote:So I found out about this contest on Monday night... =P

Love this style , Ollie ' Good luck :thumbs_up:

Ollie

29 Sep 2016

Majestik Monkey wrote: Love this style , Ollie ' Good luck :thumbs_up:
Thanks! Actually your tune was one of my faves. Good luck to you too =]

Reasonistas
RE Developer

29 Sep 2016

o_imseng wrote:Too bad was about to finish my tune now. Can't anymore the demo period is already over. :?
Can't even export what I had...
Send me your Reason file if you want and I can export it for you so you can enter the challenge.
ImageImageImage

The_G

29 Sep 2016

Hey Noel G. - do you know when the introductory price period ends?
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

xxASMxx

29 Sep 2016

Here is my entry. Thank you Blamsoft for the Song Challenge and most importantly this excellent Rack Extension. And also to Noel for hosting.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2016

The_G wrote:Hey Noel G. - do you know when the introductory price period ends?
Blamsoft wrote this earlier in the thread:
"I'll wait until a day or two after the results are published to end the introductory price. That way you can still pick it up at the introductory price if you don't win it."

xxASMxx

29 Sep 2016

Last edited by xxASMxx on 29 Sep 2016, edited 2 times in total.

FlowerSoldier

29 Sep 2016

Majestik Monkey wrote:
Ollie wrote:So I found out about this contest on Monday night... =P

Love this style , Ollie ' Good luck :thumbs_up:
Yo, this beat is Amazing Good Werk!

fieldframe
RE Developer

29 Sep 2016

Oh man, I feel like I came underprepared bringing only one song! :D I had a blast making this one, in any case.

childofsaturn

29 Sep 2016

I guess it wasn't meant to be for me. I've had a lot of, what I thought were pretty good, song projects that I've been working on this month for this contest. I'm in love with Expanse and hoped to have a shot. But between preparing for a wedding and health issues, it's been a difficult road. I was trying to wrap something up this evening and an hour before deadline, I decided to close one file and open another and Reason advised me that my trial had expired. Dumb effing luck, I tell you. I'll buy it eventually when I have the funds, but it'll be a while.

Good luck to everyone.

o_imseng

30 Sep 2016

@Noel G.

Thanks thats very kind of you but the track was only done 2/3rds. Its ok :-) i misscalculated the demo period. Currently switching out all Expanse instances with KhsOne, Thor, Sub and Antidote :-).

Best regards
Oli

tsteger

30 Sep 2016

Reasonistas
RE Developer

30 Sep 2016

tsteger wrote:
Sorry, but we cannot accept this entry, as it was submitted Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:59 am. That's almost 7 hours past the Fri Sep 30 11:59 PM EST deadline. Good luck with your other 4 entries though.
ImageImageImage

Reasonistas
RE Developer

30 Sep 2016

This person wrote to me via my Noel G. Facebook page on Fri Sep 30 at 11:48 pm to let me know he was having trouble posting his song on ReasonTalk. So, I will post the song here on his behalf and include it as the last song accepted in this song challenge.

Facebook PM.jpg
Facebook PM.jpg (47.51 KiB) Viewed 2388 times
Last edited by Reasonistas on 01 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Reasonistas
RE Developer

30 Sep 2016

Congratulations to all 93 entries! This is the first time we hosted a song challenge without SoundCloud Groups and we think it went well. Although it takes a while for the page to load, we think it is a good solution for now. This new method also allows us to accept songs uploaded to SoundCloud, Allihoopa, BandCamp, YouTube, etc. We will try to announce the winners within a week, although we've never had this many entries before. We will do our best to wrap it up as soon as possible and will keep you posted. Good luck to all.
ImageImageImage

tsteger

30 Sep 2016

Noel G. wrote:
tsteger wrote:Sorry my fault
Sorry, but we cannot accept this entry, as it was submitted Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:59 am. That's almost 7 hours past the Fri Sep 30 11:59 PM EST deadline. Good luck with your other 4 entries though.

Ollie

30 Sep 2016

My personal favourites. Good luck all!

AJ_3000
Competition Winner

30 Sep 2016

As they say pride comes before a fall: this evening (GMT) I visited this thread happy in the belief I had completed the challenge entry in plenty time, for the first time . No issues with timezones this time. Much worse, I got the 30th stuck in my mind by mistake. Ironic, as I took a break from it yesterday in order to check my final mix with completely fresh ears today So I after spending a hour or so earlier adjusting the EQ of a couple of stems and rendering, I was satisfied anything else would be counter -productive. Still it's been terrific fun : it is a great sounding synth high on my wishlist, and a nice opportunity to put to use my new copy of R9.

I include my effort here for anyone curious to lend it an ear.

eXode

01 Oct 2016

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for all the entries. You guys are awesome! :D

It's not going to be easy to pick the top songs from such a diverse collection of excellent contributions. Regardless of the outcome I think you should all give yourself a big pat on the back and a job well done.

Like Noel said we will get back to you as soon as possible!

Blamsoft
RE Developer

01 Oct 2016

Agreed! It is very hard to judge with so many great entries. Thank you all for participating. I really look forward to a song competition when developing an RE synth. We will get back to you soon!

FlowerSoldier

01 Oct 2016

Yo - thanks for the opportunity! Super fun competition. So many awesome tracks. You guys have your work cut out for you...

The_G

02 Oct 2016

Out of curiosity, since this is my first contest I've entered, how long does it usually take for the results to come in?
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

Reasonistas
RE Developer

02 Oct 2016

The_G wrote:Out of curiosity, since this is my first contest I've entered, how long does it usually take for the results to come in?
Noel G. wrote:We will try to announce the winners within a week, although we've never had this many entries before. We will do our best to wrap it up as soon as possible and will keep you posted. Good luck to all.
ImageImageImage

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

02 Oct 2016

eXode wrote:
Despondo wrote:With 66 entries and counting, it looks like it will take some time to pick winners. I wonder if the introductory price will be extended to allow the non-winners to take advantage of the sale. There are some great entries in this challenge, so I feel I need to have a trigger finger on the BUY button just in case. ;-)
To answer your question:
Blamsoft wrote:I'll wait until a day or two after the results are published to end the introductory price. That way you can still pick it up at the introductory price if you don't win it.
:)

I have noticed that the introductory price has ended !!! :o

• Information