Solaris on SALE £16 ! ;)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Majestik Monkey

04 Aug 2016

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/solaris/ :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

:puf_bigsmile:

Lovin this Synth, powerful little system all rounder , But the GUI is :shock: after five Min's !!!!

If your happy to just tweak a little then its fine, but for people who like to Go much deeper & longer to create [ presets ] its well hard to look at !
good news is ! it's still Version 1 & perhaps Mr SKRock will ' consider a More Subtle TONE CHANGE ' for the older guy's :lol:
Last edited by Majestik Monkey on 04 Aug 2016, edited 3 times in total.

Majestik Monkey

04 Aug 2016

problem is i can't download it ? /

Ok problem solved .... Updated Authorizer 2.9.1 .......... & for 32bit [ 2.7.1 !!!!!
Last edited by Majestik Monkey on 05 Aug 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

04 Aug 2016

It hs some nice patches. Good for mono like sounds and effects. With poly sounds its a bit dirty and the pitch fails, but its ok.
Reason12, Win10

logicalpocket

04 Aug 2016

Thanks for the heads up. Doubt it's a coincidence this has gone on sale just after Stranger Things coming out on Netflix :P
Blep

Majestik Monkey

04 Aug 2016

Loque wrote:It hs some nice patches. Good for mono like sounds and effects. With poly sounds its a bit dirty and the pitch fails, but its ok.
Not sure what you mean Pitch fail's with Poly , Expand on you're finding ? Are talking about / Amp A.D.S.R ? :?:

Loque

04 Aug 2016

Majestik Monkey wrote:
Loque wrote:It hs some nice patches. Good for mono like sounds and effects. With poly sounds its a bit dirty and the pitch fails, but its ok.
Not sure what you mean Pitch fail's with Poly , Expand on you're finding ? Are talking about / Amp A.D.S.R ? :?:
It just does not sound clean if you play a chord. This may come from pitching the samples by the synth. It sounds odd, like the sound is not right. Pretty typical if you play one sample on different pitches.
Reason12, Win10

Majestik Monkey

04 Aug 2016

Loque wrote:
Majestik Monkey wrote:
It just does not sound clean if you play a chord. This may come from pitching the samples by the synth. It sounds odd, like the sound is not right. Pretty typical if you play one sample on different pitches.
Hmmm interesting !

I wonder if it may be some sort of drift , from Index applied to different Osc's ???
do you still find the same issue from [ Init ] :?:

Majestik Monkey

04 Aug 2016

Ps

i do find the MONO an issue , legato_Less Not sure that is real "Mono" apart from the obvious single Note ' lol ;)

Solaris does have more strengths than weaknesses , & for the price i am quite happy to plod on '

but really this should not be issue in Reason today, IDT limitations perhaps / 2016 !!!!!

jallen97

04 Aug 2016

logicalpocket wrote:Thanks for the heads up. Doubt it's a coincidence this has gone on sale just after Stranger Things coming out on Netflix :P
Yes!!! I listened to the demo and its totally got some of that vintage goodness like Stranger Things!!! I may to have to pick it up because of that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K1TTENM1TTEN

04 Aug 2016

I am really really really really crossing my fingers Skrock puts the rest of the lineup on 50% off sale too (I'm looking at you Orbis and Aurora). They would be absolute insta-buys for me, I love the way Orbis looks and Aurora's demo tracks sound straight up my ally :-) Plus I have birthday money soon, so I gotta spend it on something, and nothing like some sweet half priced synthy goodness to spend it on :-D

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Aug 2016

Great little Instrument, here is a Demo I did for it..

Skullture

06 Aug 2016

Pounds? You chauvinistic Brit ;-)

fieldframe
RE Developer

10 Aug 2016

Played with Solaris a bit on the demo, and then I happened to make this patch and instantly decided I had to buy it. :)

guitfnky

11 Aug 2016

it's an awesome synth, and I'm already really glad I've picked it up. the interface is a bit daunting though, and the documentation I've found so far is very lackluster. I've managed to figure out a good chunk of it on my own, but a proper manual would be awesome.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

16BitBear

12 Aug 2016

Hey y'all

I purchased this when it went on sale on the 4th. I see that there is an update to 1.0.1. It says it is a free update but adding it to my card, I am being charged $19.00 for it. Anyone else having this same issue? I emailed PH support but I can't find a way to contact Skrock about this.

joeyluck

12 Aug 2016

DJBuddhaBear wrote:Hey y'all

I purchased this when it went on sale on the 4th. I see that there is an update to 1.0.1. It says it is a free update but adding it to my card, I am being charged $19.00 for it. Anyone else having this same issue? I emailed PH support but I can't find a way to contact Skrock about this.
Yeah it's an error. Marcus of Skrock is aware http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... 11#p277011

16BitBear

13 Aug 2016

Thanks joeyluck. I posted there to let them know I was having the same issue. :)

Jivethompson

13 Aug 2016

These sounds are really up my alley, but jeez. That UI is horrible! Can't take it anymore after 10 mins..
I hope they change that because i can't work like that

Skrock
RE Developer

28 Aug 2016

I'm testing some UI redesigns on Solaris.
Attachments
sol3.png
sol3.png (301.5 KiB) Viewed 2596 times
https://www.skrockmusic.com/
https://soundcloud.com/derekstrike
https://soundcloud.com/marcusbits
I make music in Reason using using Skrock synths and the creative tools from other developers!

Loque

28 Aug 2016

M.B wrote:I'm testing some UI redesigns on Solaris.
I dont realy care about the GUI, but maybe it's too dark.
Reason12, Win10

Majestik Monkey

28 Aug 2016

This is already better i think ' its much easier to look at for long periods ............. :thumbs_up:

lakinlakin

28 Aug 2016

Just had a try, then had to buy.
Don't mind the interface as is, but the new test one looks nicer.

joeyluck

28 Aug 2016

I like the new look, but do find it a little confusing perhaps. And that might just be the way I look at it...

When I look at how it is currently, I imagine the entire front panel being this touch screen display (or most of it; being several displays under glass). The knobs lend itself to that thinking.

I like that the new look (simply the idea of less color), but then the new rack ears being the same shade as the small displays is what I think confuses my eyes...

That said, I think maybe the rack ears aren't necessary? Or maybe it would be cool if the displays, instead of having their backgrounds shaded could be outlined with color with black backgrounds... Just a thought.

What I think might be cool would be to have the background all black as it is currently, but with rack screws in the four corners, with one corner cracked under a screw to make it look like glass (and damn that person for tightening it too much). Lol

Majestik Monkey

28 Aug 2016

My Graffix design n scratches to Boot :puf_bigsmile:
Attachments
Solaris v5 Cosmic.png
Solaris v5 Cosmic.png (286.42 KiB) Viewed 2515 times
Solaris v4 Cosmic.png
Solaris v4 Cosmic.png (247.77 KiB) Viewed 2515 times
Solaris v3.png
Solaris v3.png (246.33 KiB) Viewed 2541 times
Last edited by Majestik Monkey on 28 Aug 2016, edited 1 time in total.

fieldframe
RE Developer

28 Aug 2016

There is definitely less visual noise in this concept, which is a plus, but there's also a big drawback versus the current Solaris UI: Without the magenta 'LED strip' boxes, the text displays end up with the same visual weight as the static labels. The dark gray boxes help a bit, but overall, it decreases the navigability of the UI since the clickable parts are no longer as clearly delineated from the non-clickable ones.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to bounce a few more ideas around! Interface design is my day job, and I'd be happy to go deeper with any critique or suggestions.

• Information