FM4

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
dioxide
Posts: 1412
Joined: 15 Jul 2015

Post 22 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
22 Jun 2020
dioxide wrote:
22 Jun 2020


I've sent them a message on Facebook offering to send the file, as I can't upload it to Messenger for some reason. The only contact options on their website are through social media. Lets see what they say and if they will be happy to fix it.
Just in case...from the FM4 manual:

“ TROUBLESHOOTING

In the case of bugs, freezes, and/or cashes DO NOT open FM4 an attempt to fix it yourself. Instead we recommend that you contact your local Primal Audio dealer or write to us directly at support@primal-audio.com. ;)
Nice one! I'll send them an email. I don't think they are very active any more, so I'm not sure how often they check their social accounts.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6732
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 22 Jun 2020

dioxide wrote:
22 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
22 Jun 2020


Just in case...from the FM4 manual:

“ TROUBLESHOOTING

In the case of bugs, freezes, and/or cashes DO NOT open FM4 an attempt to fix it yourself. Instead we recommend that you contact your local Primal Audio dealer or write to us directly at support@primal-audio.com. ;)
Nice one! I'll send them an email. I don't think they are very active any more, so I'm not sure how often they check their social accounts.
I had an email chat with them maybe a little less than a year ago. They’re really friendly :)
丰2ॐ

User avatar
dioxide
Posts: 1412
Joined: 15 Jul 2015

Post 04 Jul 2020

I sent the bug report to them on 23 June and I'm waiting for them to confirm it. I'll post back here when I hear a response.

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 4094
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 04 Jul 2020

The graphics need updating on this RE version do they not? maybe not using the latest SDK or something? Bought it about 3 months ago to try and make the Lately Bass. Lately Bass comes with the iPad version as a preset. I tried to copy the settings on the video that's on You Tube of the iPad Lately Bass and got close but some things were missing from the Re version. I'm willing to share my patch if anyone would like to improve it a tad? :-)
:reason:

Reason Studio's 12 / Cockos Reaper 6.32 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
dioxide
Posts: 1412
Joined: 15 Jul 2015

Post 04 Jul 2020

What is the problem with the graphics?

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 4094
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 29 Jul 2020

dioxide wrote:
04 Jul 2020
What is the problem with the graphics?
Blocky like it was done on a ZX Spectrum from 1986.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 12 / Cockos Reaper 6.32 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 4094
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 29 Jul 2020

Anyone got the iPad version? There are some differences between that one and the Re and had trouble making / copying the Lately Bass patch off You Tube (and the Casio CZ organ bass) from a clip on You Tube. I'm wondering if if the iPad version is better. It sounds it from the clips I've seen on You Tube.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 12 / Cockos Reaper 6.32 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
dioxide
Posts: 1412
Joined: 15 Jul 2015

Post 30 Jul 2020

Creativemind wrote:
29 Jul 2020
Anyone got the iPad version? There are some differences between that one and the Re and had trouble making / copying the Lately Bass patch off You Tube (and the Casio CZ organ bass) from a clip on You Tube. I'm wondering if if the iPad version is better. It sounds it from the clips I've seen on You Tube.
The Casio CZ uses a completely different type of synthesis, so you won't be able to do this with FM4. Do you have the patch setting for Lately Bass for the TX? That should be well within reach for FM4.

There is some info here:
https://www.polynominal.com/lately-bass ... index.html

EDIT: This should help:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachm ... lybass.gif
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachm ... latley.png

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 735
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 30 Jul 2020

Creativemind wrote:
29 Jul 2020
dioxide wrote:
04 Jul 2020
What is the problem with the graphics?
Blocky like it was done on a ZX Spectrum from 1986.
You mean on the displays for tuning / multipliers and waveform? I'm pretty sure that's intentional - it's not the only RE or VST that does this - and I actually love it, so hope it'll stay like that also when Reason goes 4K, like it is o iPad version:

Image
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7032
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 30 Jul 2020

Thought this dev was MIA and left the scene. Their RE Shop links on their own website are bad - they still say "PropShop" and the Filter Classics bundle links to a 404 error.

*EDIT: never mind - if you go to the Reason Studios shop and pull up their RE's yourself, they're still up. Looks like Primal Audio just haven't updated their own website. In years. :lol:
Win 10 | Reason 12 |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9007
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 30 Jul 2020

EnochLight wrote:
30 Jul 2020
Thought this dev was MIA and left the scene. Their RE Shop links on their own website are bad - they still say "PropShop" and the Filter Classics bundle links to a 404 error.

*EDIT: never mind - if you go to the Reason Studios shop and pull up their RE's yourself, they're still up. Looks like Primal Audio just haven't updated their own website. In years. :lol:
I just clicked a link that seemed to work. Yea, they are quite since around 4 years now...sad...they made some great products and i hoped to see more from them. No contact email or something on their homepage, so i cannot ask whats going on...
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6732
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 30 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
30 Jul 2020
EnochLight wrote:
30 Jul 2020
Thought this dev was MIA and left the scene. Their RE Shop links on their own website are bad - they still say "PropShop" and the Filter Classics bundle links to a 404 error.

*EDIT: never mind - if you go to the Reason Studios shop and pull up their RE's yourself, they're still up. Looks like Primal Audio just haven't updated their own website. In years. :lol:
I just clicked a link that seemed to work. Yea, they are quite since around 4 years now...sad...they made some great products and i hoped to see more from them. No contact email or something on their homepage, so i cannot ask whats going on...
Here you go.
support@primal-audio.com
That’s where I reached Nis a while back. Good guy.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9007
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 30 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
30 Jul 2020
Loque wrote:
30 Jul 2020


I just clicked a link that seemed to work. Yea, they are quite since around 4 years now...sad...they made some great products and i hoped to see more from them. No contact email or something on their homepage, so i cannot ask whats going on...
Here you go.
support@primal-audio.com
That’s where I reached Nis a while back. Good guy.
Thanks.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
miscend
Posts: 1823
Joined: 09 Feb 2015

Post 30 Jul 2020

I think these guys stopped making plugins. There's been no activity on any of their social media for years.
Last edited by miscend on 31 Jul 2020, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 4094
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 31 Jul 2020

dioxide wrote:
30 Jul 2020
Creativemind wrote:
29 Jul 2020
Anyone got the iPad version? There are some differences between that one and the Re and had trouble making / copying the Lately Bass patch off You Tube (and the Casio CZ organ bass) from a clip on You Tube. I'm wondering if if the iPad version is better. It sounds it from the clips I've seen on You Tube.
The Casio CZ uses a completely different type of synthesis, so you won't be able to do this with FM4. Do you have the patch setting for Lately Bass for the TX? That should be well within reach for FM4.

There is some info here:
https://www.polynominal.com/lately-bass ... index.html

EDIT: This should help:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachm ... lybass.gif
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachm ... latley.png
Let me clarify, I watched 2 videos on You Tube of a guy making the Lately / Solid Bass and the Casio CZ Organ Bass patch on the iPad version of FM4 and both are spot on but I can't copy them as the parameters or the way they operate have differences between the iPad and Re versions. I have tried to make the Lately Bass but although it's close, doesn't sound as good as the guys version on You Tube. I tried to copy the CZ organ too from his video but no translation at all to the Re. Sounded bad lol!




I like the phone ring patch he made at the end. Haha!

And yes FM4 is FM synthesis and the CZ is Phase Distortion synthesis.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 12 / Cockos Reaper 6.32 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
dioxide
Posts: 1412
Joined: 15 Jul 2015

Post 31 Jul 2020

I copied the setting from the screen, and it sounds pretty good! I'm surprised you can do this with a completely different synth.
CZ Organ FM4.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
dioxide
Posts: 1412
Joined: 15 Jul 2015

Post 31 Jul 2020

Thor will do it too. Lizard did a selection of the CZ101 presets using Thor a few years back.
CZ-101 Preset - Elec Organ.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 4094
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 31 Jul 2020

dioxide wrote:
31 Jul 2020
I copied the setting from the screen, and it sounds pretty good! I'm surprised you can do this with a completely different synth.

CZ Organ FM4.zip
Brilliant. They all were. Thanks!

:thumbs_up:
:reason:

Reason Studio's 12 / Cockos Reaper 6.32 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
dioxide
Posts: 1412
Joined: 15 Jul 2015

Post 31 Jul 2020


kinkujin
Posts: 204
Joined: 01 Mar 2018

Post 04 Aug 2020

Is FM4 the best (or only) FM synth in RE form? Educate and enlighten me, if you please. Thank you!

colonel_mustard
Posts: 25
Joined: 13 Jul 2020

Post 04 Aug 2020

kinkujin wrote:
04 Aug 2020
Is FM4 the best (or only) FM synth in RE form? Educate and enlighten me, if you please. Thank you!
It's not the only one. There's PX7, and I really like the weird and quirky RYM2612 Sega synth.
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/

Haven't sprung for FM4, so I can't really offer a fair comparison, but they're there for the trialling.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6732
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 04 Aug 2020

colonel_mustard wrote:
04 Aug 2020
kinkujin wrote:
04 Aug 2020
Is FM4 the best (or only) FM synth in RE form? Educate and enlighten me, if you please. Thank you!
It's not the only one. There's PX7, and I really like the weird and quirky RYM2612 Sega synth.
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/

Haven't sprung for FM4, so I can't really offer a fair comparison, but they're there for the trialling.
RYM is magic. For some reason i usually load that one up before FM4. Think it’s because it’s blue.
丰2ॐ

colonel_mustard
Posts: 25
Joined: 13 Jul 2020

Post 04 Aug 2020

MrFigg wrote:
04 Aug 2020

RYM is magic. For some reason i usually load that one up before FM4. Think it’s because it’s blue.
Yes, yes it is. Both magic and blue.

Just to add, the RYM2612 developer offers a free tool to extract synth patches from SEGA Genesis/Megadrive game soundtracks:
https://www.inphonik.com/products/rymca ... gm-player/
https://project2612.org/list.php

PX7 gets you access to every DX7 patch ever conceived, plus endlessly generated new ones:
https://koshdukaimusicreason.blogspot.c ... -v1b8.html
https://www.thisdx7cartdoesnotexist.com
https://www.reasonstudios.com/dx7-px7-converter/

kinkujin
Posts: 204
Joined: 01 Mar 2018

Post 04 Aug 2020

Thanks fellas.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], selig, SymphonicDischord and 3 guests