Dear Selig Audio

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Juan Rosa

24 Jun 2016

you have a excelent RE's, but, we need more of you! maybe a Synth, maybe a fx, maybe crazy stuff; something! please it's time to work and make us happy! cheers!

Loque

24 Jun 2016

A good env shaper since Softube wont....
Reason12, Win10

Ostermilk

24 Jun 2016

Yeah, Selig Audio

How about some new stuff...;)

Karim
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2016

Loque wrote:A good env shaper since Softube wont....
+1000 for this suggestion

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2016

Or a really good exciter. I know there are two in the shop but they didn't do it for me at all.

submonsterz

24 Jun 2016

Nothing stopping any of you designing what ever you are wanting and take your concept to pitch blend as selig did and pay them to make the devices you want.
If you think its worth seligs investment in such things im shure it will be worth you doing it via a loan or other means to pay for the developement of such devices.

normen

24 Jun 2016

The way I know him he's not really the guy to make some random device based on requests. What he does is create devices where he himself has a clear idea how he wants to use and implement it, backed by years of his own experience. But I am quite sure that his pool of ideas hasn't run dry yet :)

selig
RE Developer

24 Jun 2016

normen wrote:The way I know him he's not really the guy to make some random device based on requests. What he does is create devices where he himself has a clear idea how he wants to use and implement it, backed by years of his own experience. But I am quite sure that his pool of ideas hasn't run dry yet :)
I actually DID make a device based totally on requests once. Even offered it for free. Sadly I've "moved" FAR fewer units of the free device created by popular demand than I have of the paid devices where I "imposed" my will/vision on the the public!

It was a fun experiment, but it did show me that free stuff suggested by the general public isn't always going to be the most popular - go figure, right?

That being said, hang tight everyone - I've got something new up my sleeve but "time" has been the current restriction. The new device is going to be as unique as my previous products of course, while also being based on standard concepts. A "hybrid", if you will…
:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

gak

24 Jun 2016

What you should do is make a one knob device with a couple of eq/comp algo's and sell it for 300 usd (well certainly not POUND STERLING :lol: )

pedrocaetanos

24 Jun 2016

selig wrote:
normen wrote:The way I know him he's not really the guy to make some random device based on requests. What he does is create devices where he himself has a clear idea how he wants to use and implement it, backed by years of his own experience. But I am quite sure that his pool of ideas hasn't run dry yet :)
I actually DID make a device based totally on requests once. Even offered it for free. Sadly I've "moved" FAR fewer units of the free device created by popular demand than I have of the paid devices where I "imposed" my will/vision on the the public!

It was a fun experiment, but it did show me that free stuff suggested by the general public isn't always going to be the most popular - go figure, right?
interesting social experiment :puf_smile:
selig wrote: That being said, hang tight everyone - I've got something new up my sleeve but "time" has been the current restriction. The new device is going to be as unique as my previous products of course, while also being based on standard concepts. A "hybrid", if you will…
you could come up with a Selig Audio newsletter to keep us posted... ;)
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

selig
RE Developer

24 Jun 2016

pedrocaetanos wrote:
selig wrote:

interesting social experiment :puf_smile:
selig wrote: That being said, hang tight everyone - I've got something new up my sleeve but "time" has been the current restriction. The new device is going to be as unique as my previous products of course, while also being based on standard concepts. A "hybrid", if you will…
you could come up with a Selig Audio newsletter to keep us posted... ;)
The entire newsletter would have been empty for the past few years, and the recent edition would only contain the post above minus the parts about ReMark. Would anyone be reading?!?
;)

Selig Audio, LLC

Exowildebeest

24 Jun 2016

This forum is your newsletter ;)

ProfessaKaos

24 Jun 2016

selig wrote:

That being said, hang tight everyone - I've got something new up my sleeve but "time" has been the current restriction. The new device is going to be as unique as my previous products of course, while also being based on standard concepts. A "hybrid", if you will…

So can't wait, your Leveler and DeEsser are top notch.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

snowcattt

24 Jun 2016

this sounds like it would be a fun thread for the masses to make suggestions that just might trigger a developer's interest! (with no expectations/compensation, I would think..) Do we already have a "Somebody Make This" thread?
Last edited by snowcattt on 25 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.
Invent the life you want to live.

avasopht
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2016

snowcattt wrote:this sounds it would be a fun thread for the masses to make suggestions that just might trigger a developer's interest! (with no expectations/compensation, I would think..) Do we already have a "Somebody Make This" thread?
We did on the PUF. I made two threads, one was about the one specific functionality they needed most and the other was (IIRC) about suggestions for something new that didn't exist (was quite some time ago so I can't remember the exact details). Suffice to say we had some brilliant suggestions. I also made other threads to find out people's interest in various types of effects. I really can't remember exact details but it was a gold mine for any budding rack extension developer who didn't know what the demands were.

selig
RE Developer

24 Jun 2016

avasopht wrote:
snowcattt wrote:this sounds it would be a fun thread for the masses to make suggestions that just might trigger a developer's interest! (with no expectations/compensation, I would think..) Do we already have a "Somebody Make This" thread?
We did on the PUF. I made two threads, one was about the one specific functionality they needed most and the other was (IIRC) about suggestions for something new that didn't exist (was quite some time ago so I can't remember the exact details). Suffice to say we had some brilliant suggestions. I also made other threads to find out people's interest in various types of effects. I really can't remember exact details but it was a gold mine for any budding rack extension developer who didn't know what the demands were.
Would be interesting to do this again since we are essentially starting over here on ReasonTalk. It may not answer all questions about what to develop (see below), but will indicate if there are gaping/obvious gaps in the current lineup!

Worth noting: there was probably no requests in that thread for a De-Esser that separated the sibilance from the voice, nor an upwards compressor that could effectively level audio tracks…just saying. ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

tt_lab

24 Jun 2016

A reasontalk re where We can have the forum feed right in our rack? Just kidding

raymondh

24 Jun 2016

On the strength of this I think everyone should go download ReMark as a vote of support! :)

(It's a very handy rack organisation tool BTW - I use it a lot)

And if you haven't trialed Selig's other devices, you should.
Gain is very handy for (1) Surgically adjusting levels, and (2) using for level automation - keeping the SSL slider free for manual mixing.
DeEsser is very good at it's job and easy to use (in fact when I've been unsuccessful in using it, it has been because I overcomplicated how I was using it)
Leveler is an excellent alternative/complement to the "traditional" compressor and has dramatic impact on audio material.

pushedbutton

24 Jun 2016

A virtual Selig in the rack would be a powerful tool, much more useful than clippy or cortana. :)
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

raymondh

24 Jun 2016

pushedbutton wrote:A virtual Selig in the rack would be a powerful tool, much more useful than clippy or cortana. :)
Yeah, it could be called the "ModeratRE" :)

ProfessaKaos

24 Jun 2016

selig wrote:
avasopht wrote:
Would be interesting to do this again since we are essentially starting over here on ReasonTalk. It may not answer all questions about what to develop (see below), but will indicate if there are gaping/obvious gaps in the current lineup!

Worth noting: there was probably no requests in that thread for a De-Esser that separated the sibilance from the voice, nor an upwards compressor that could effectively level audio tracks…just saying. ;)
But you still knew it was what we wanted ;)
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

SymphonicDischord

26 Jun 2016

raymondh wrote:On the strength of this I think everyone should go download ReMark as a vote of support! :)

(It's a very handy rack organisation tool BTW - I use it a lot)

And if you haven't trialed Selig's other devices, you should.
Gain is very handy for (1) Surgically adjusting levels, and (2) using for level automation - keeping the SSL slider free for manual mixing.
DeEsser is very good at it's job and easy to use (in fact when I've been unsuccessful in using it, it has been because I overcomplicated how I was using it)
Leveler is an excellent alternative/complement to the "traditional" compressor and has dramatic impact on audio material.
I have to agree, I use it on all my audio tracks now. It a great place to keep detailed info on my signal chain when recording various audio sources and it's all nicely kept with the track in the Reason file.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

26 Jun 2016

Selig has hinted on several occasions that he has been working on a new Re device. I think we'll see something soon. ;)
ImageImageImage

Loque

27 Jun 2016

Phase correlation meter.
Reason12, Win10

BPGeez

28 Jun 2016

Loque wrote:A good env shaper since Softube wont....
I think u may be sleeping on Jig's Charlotte
Reason is my girlfriend. Sometimes she mistreats me, but I still love her.

Checkout my tunes made with Reason: https://soundcloud.com/geez-musicals

• Information