A-List Power Drummer & A-List Classic Drummer in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Skullture

02 Jun 2016

In-your-face, raw and powerful, this is one A-List drummer that will kick your tunes into high gear.

As versatile and musical as a live drummer, as easy to use as a software instrument, A-List Power Drummer helps you quickly create driving, dynamic drum tracks. The drum kits were recorded with great attention to detail, preserving the presence from a great acoustical space in the sampled beats. If your music needs a vitamin injection, try a shot of A-List Power Drummer.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... r-drummer/
Dry, punchy and crisp. A-List Classic Drummer adds the sound of the golden age of audio recording to your drum tracks.

Ever since the Beatles started recording drums with tea towels to dampen the drum heads, the dry and tight drum sound has been used in endless recordings as an insider trick to create a punchy and clear drum sound that sits perfectly in the mix.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... c-drummer/

There is also a bundle avalible with all the A-List Drummers..
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product_ ... er-bundle/

EDIT: The new Drummers have CV out by the way :)

xRwu8

02 Jun 2016

Lol you beat me to the punch by two minutes. I'll delete my thread cause yours has much more info. Here's the video too:

These look pretty cool, but not sure if they're $99 per RE cool...
:reason: :recycle: :refill: :re: :rt:

dhruan

02 Jun 2016

Umm... the bundle is 1€/$ more expensive (199€) than buying these as separate REs (á 99€ which equals to 198€)? What the what? :D
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

Peter Gorges

02 Jun 2016

dhruan wrote:Umm... the bundle is 1€/$ more expensive (199€) than buying these as separate REs (á 99€ which equals to 198€)? What the what? :D
The bundle includes all THREE drummers (including the previously released Studio drummer)

decibel

02 Jun 2016

hmmm thats about $276 aud for the bundle,, im sure they sound good ? but will probably wait for a sale someday in the future to take a proper look

dhruan

02 Jun 2016

Peter Gorges wrote:
dhruan wrote:Umm... the bundle is 1€/$ more expensive (199€) than buying these as separate REs (á 99€ which equals to 198€)? What the what? :D
The bundle includes all THREE drummers (including the previously released Studio drummer)
Aaaaaa... Gotcha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

stevan

02 Jun 2016

I got Studio Drummer already ... there should be an upgrade solution to the Pack :(

Yonatan

02 Jun 2016

That release was a surprise! Have to try those two out.

challism

02 Jun 2016

I'll wait for all 3 A List drummers to go into a bundle for $99 this summer, or Black Friday. Just wait......

Looks like they added CV in/out per channel.... interesting!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Yonatan

02 Jun 2016

I will def try them out, but am myself more towards the organic Jazz/Afro/Reggae/Folk/Latin/World/Funk/Soul/Pop kind of sounds and maybe Studio Drummer comes closet to my needs of these, but will have patience and wait as who knows what more might be released in the A-list series ahead.

chimp_spanner

02 Jun 2016

Yeah tbh a "Complete Your Bundle" feature would be really good on the store. The App Store allows this. Was pleasantly surprised to see that a £10 bundle I wanted was only like, £4 because I'd already spent the remainder on an individual app!

In any case, downloading Power Drummer now. See how it responds to my keyboard drumming :D

iramrezso

02 Jun 2016

I've already created a track with demo version of the Studio one. That's a really great device I have to admit. It sounds very well right out of the box and can be used to create dynamic drum rolls. Though I felt that its pattern set wouldn't be enough for a long time, those two new variations (Power and Classic) must extend the usability of this series, I'm sure.
My only complaint is the price tag however :)

superpop

02 Jun 2016

The bundle has the same patterns?

stevan

02 Jun 2016

superpop wrote:The bundle has the same patterns?
nope, that would make no sense, right ? ;)

Zac

02 Jun 2016

I'm currently trying the Studio drummer and so just downloaded the update. The CV outs are great! All those patterns can now be used for any drums I choose. Very nice. I can see this feature being useful for 'topping up' the A-list sounds but also for wholly using electronic/different sounds.

I'm going to be skint for a while but glad to know I'll be able to grab the bundle at some point.

Yonatan

02 Jun 2016

Was there a mute function?

joeyluck

02 Jun 2016

Yonatan wrote:Was there a mute function?
Mute Mode

You can temporarily exclude individual instruments from phrase playback with keys G#2 and Bb2:
- Hold key G#2 and press an instrument key to mute the instrument (exclude it from phrase playback).
- Hold key Bb2 and press the instrument key to unmute it again.
- Note that you are still able to play the individual instrument hits while the instrument is muted. This way, you
can e.g. mute the snares from phrase playback to play them manually yourself.
:D

Yonatan

02 Jun 2016

Thanks! Handy and brings another flexibility. Will wait a week before trial but am interested how you experience the different drummers.

stevan

02 Jun 2016

[quote="chimp_spanner"]Yeah tbh a "Complete Your Bundle" feature would be really good on the store. The App Store allows this. Was pleasantly surprised to see that a £10 bundle I wanted was only like, £4 because I'd already spent the remainder on an individual app!

... yes, thats really unfair, I mean - what can I do as a user ... always waiting for later bundles/sales instead of buying RE when I want them ?
Is it what the Propellerheads want ? That has a bad aftertaste , not for the first time ...

gullum

02 Jun 2016

I feel kinda bad getting the studio drummer now before this bundle, but Ill get the other 2 anyway sometime soon

decibel

02 Jun 2016

gullum wrote:I feel kinda bad getting the studio drummer now before this bundle, but Ill get the other 2 anyway sometime soon
they should offer a discount coupon for anybody who already purchased the first module and wants the whole set

Yonatan

02 Jun 2016

Might be one have to write to them directly and ask. Hard to see why they should say no to selling more.

chimp_spanner

02 Jun 2016

Okay so this sucks because I really like Power Drummer. And chances are, I'm gonna like Studio and Classic as well. But I don't wanna have to spend more money haha. I'm already committed to upgrading to R9. Gahhh.

Keeping it real though, I like:

The sounds. Solid, really fast, no messing around
Nice choice of kits and mix presets
Multi out and gate I/O is awesome for creating layered kits

Gripes:

No kick on B (remedied by chucking it in a combi with a Kong transposed -1, limited to B and sending gate out to A-List kick gate in)
No china and/or splash
No ride crash

That's about it really! All in all, will definitely get these when I can.

Yonatan

02 Jun 2016

Its tough times for Reason users this summer, but in a good way! We still has the 30 days trial...but hard to part from toys you gotten to like. :)

• Information