StringWERK new RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
sinnerfire

27 May 2016

OMG :geek: Have you demoed the Combinator presets that come with this monster!!

You can tell that a lot of hard work has gone in to this.

This Re is a Drum & Bass'ers dream come true, I can't recommend it enough.

Easy 10/10 instant buy for me.

Every time i press the E1 key on my midi keyboard, I look like this!!
Attachments
Dr-Evil_600x300-600x300.jpg
Dr-Evil_600x300-600x300.jpg (27.79 KiB) Viewed 2698 times
https://drumandbassasylum.com/ Free Samples + Presets for Reason.

avasopht
Competition Winner

28 May 2016

---
Last edited by avasopht on 29 May 2016, edited 2 times in total.

avasopht
Competition Winner

28 May 2016

---
Last edited by avasopht on 29 May 2016, edited 4 times in total.

The_G

28 May 2016

Beautiful sound. If I was working on a soundtrack, I'd be all over this.
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

normen

28 May 2016

elwoodblues914C5 wrote:but I did speak with a software developer from BigFishAudio and he explained to me why the RE's sample quality,is no improvement over any other sample libraries in Reason(with regard to large scale orchestral ensembles and the like.)
So you should be able to explain it here as well instead of posting anecdotal information about what you hear? As said, there is no limitation to the "scripting" as you call it, REs have full access to C++ code. Something like the lack of disk streaming would be a valid objection for example.

eusti

28 May 2016

normen wrote:
elwoodblues914C5 wrote:but I did speak with a software developer from BigFishAudio and he explained to me why the RE's sample quality,is no improvement over any other sample libraries in Reason(with regard to large scale orchestral ensembles and the like.)
So you should be able to explain it here as well instead of posting anecdotal information about what you hear? As said, there is no limitation to the "scripting" as you call it, REs have full access to C++ code. Something like the lack of disk streaming would be a valid objection for example.
I think you you meant to quote Avasopht here.

D.

normen

28 May 2016

eusti wrote:I think you you meant to quote Avasopht here.

D.
No?

eusti

28 May 2016

normen wrote:
eusti wrote:I think you you meant to quote Avasopht here.

D.
No?
Ok. ;)

D.

eXode

28 May 2016

elwoodblues914C5 wrote:I'm no professional audio engineer,but I have long experience working with Kontakt 3 and 4 and spent the last 11 years with Propellerhead,doing plenty of critical mixing and listening and the differences in quality and scope between Kontakt 4 & 5,versus Reason's sample players is staggeringly obvious.
This is not to say that Refills like London Solo Strings and StringWerk aren't good quality-as indeed they are good(but there is a reason why these programs are limited to quartets and small ensembles...BECAUSE REASON'S LIMITED SCRIPTING CANNOT SUPPORT HIGH QUALITY FULL ORCHESTRAL SAMPLE LIBRARIES.)
I'm also & certainly no authority on sampling either,as I am not a software engineer,but I did speak with a software developer from BigFishAudio and he explained to me why the RE's sample quality,is no improvement over any other sample libraries in Reason(with regard to large scale orchestral ensembles and the like.)
That said,do you really think I'm going to take the word of some Reason-fan-boy and the unsubstantiated rhetoric he spews out,or the word of a software developer?
Get over yourself and spare yourself any further public embarrassment.
It seems to me that you are mixing up the terminology, or have misunderstood something.

The difference is that Reason or RE doesn't support disk streaming, and THAT is why we don't see large scale libraries. It has nothing to do with the scripting as such. For what it's worth, a developer that feels limited by the scripting could develop a full RE using only his own code. Disk streaming is where the limitation is at, as far as I can tell.

selig
RE Developer

28 May 2016

Quick moderation check in:
Hopefully we're back on track here - remember to keep it civil, folks…
That is all.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

avasopht
Competition Winner

28 May 2016

--- deleted ---
Last edited by avasopht on 28 May 2016, edited 2 times in total.

selig
RE Developer

28 May 2016

avasopht wrote:
eusti wrote:
normen wrote:
I think you you meant to quote Avasopht here.

D.
What would make you think that, given I am a software developer with access to the SDK? I have written a dynamics Rack Extension that can also double up as a distortion effect, I just chose not to release it because the UI was too complicated and I wanted to develop a more effective method first.

Interesting how people discern information when there is no simple "Official Rack Extension Developer" label to attach to them, ...
Come on, let's all cut each other a LITTLE slack here for the sake of keeping things on topic and not flooding the thread with back and forth bickering.
I've asked once, I don't want to have to keep reminding folks to be civil and stay on topic.
Selig Audio, LLC

avasopht
Competition Winner

28 May 2016

selig wrote: Come on, let's all cut each other a LITTLE slack here for the sake of keeping things on topic and not flooding the thread with back and forth bickering.
I've asked once, I don't want to have to keep reminding folks to be civil and stay on topic.
I've deleted the post :thumbs_up:
Last edited by avasopht on 28 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

selig
RE Developer

28 May 2016

avasopht wrote:
selig wrote: Come on, let's all cut each other a LITTLE slack here for the sake of keeping things on topic and not flooding the thread with back and forth bickering.
I've deleted the post.

Nothing "uncivil" about the question. Just, "why would you think that?"
Please don't make me ask again. This is a part of the mod job I really don't enjoy…
Take it to PM.
Selig Audio, LLC

cosignsessions

28 May 2016

And here I thought this was a 5 page thread on how awesome StringWERK is.....my bad.

kloeckno

28 May 2016

normen wrote:
It sounds to me like BigFishAudio either
A: doesn't want to spend the time making an IDT
or B: needs to do some research into the newer developments because they assume (wrongly) that refills are no different in terms of capability...

They have time invested in Refills that they sell, so keep in mind that because of that they may be biased one way or the other. We have 2 RE devs saying they're wrong, so I'll take their word on it. Especially since the latest IDT releases have had obvious advanced scripting!

darkmode

28 May 2016

Looks and sounds very interesting. Gonna have to give it a try even though I can't spend any more money after spending in the May sale :-(

gullum

29 May 2016

I want it, what I don't get is why someone which does not think anyone els needs it because he does not need it. uses 5 pages to try to convince others they don't need it. I want it because I sounds grate and is easy to use.

PSoames

01 Jun 2016

gullum wrote:I want it, what I don't get is why someone which does not think anyone els needs it because he does not need it. uses 5 pages to try to convince others they don't need it. I want it because I sounds grate and is easy to use.
Ahh! Common sense displayed in a forum environment.

Like a single, pristine, golden tooth in a mouth full of rotten stumps, such nuggets are often overlooked; the audience distracted by appalling halitosis and unholy colour gradations between black and yellow.

As for the RE, I am seriously looking forward to this and really hoping for a future released RE dedicated to horns.

jjpscott01

02 Jun 2016

Wow this one sounds great. And the GUI is quite nice on the eyes sitting in the rack. I look forward to more from these guys
| REASON 12 | BITWIG 4 | SAMPLITUDE PRO X5 | BALANCE | AUDIENT ID4 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR T4 |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

pvjeko

03 Jun 2016

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:but honestly there is refills that are better & bigger than this
But only in RE you can program true legato and implement more complex scripts.
eXode wrote:I'd love to see more libraries like this in the future, for instance East/West Quantum Leap RA and SILK.
My thoughts exactly! Only thing missing in Reason are realistic orchestral RE's (brass, woodwinds...)!

frog974new

08 Jun 2016

anyone else have this major bug issue : broken runtime ..?
i can't create this device on Reason ..:(

Melody303

08 Jun 2016

I already have a few string libraries I love and am satisfied with (if I had to choose a single favorite it'd be the cello from Garritan's General MIDI refill), but StringWerk is still very tempting.
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

Schaltwert

08 Jun 2016

I can't create any instrument of StringWERK. :(
When I try to create an instrument, an error dialog "Jukebox" pops up:
"Runtime error when creating device."

I'm using Reason 7.1.1 under Windows 8.1, and I want to "try" this RE.

Has anyone else this issue? Does it only works in Reason 8.x and higher?

I have sent a support request to e-instruments.

normen

08 Jun 2016

Schaltwert wrote:I can't create any instrument of StringWERK. :(
When I try to create an instrument, an error dialog "Jukebox" pops up:
"Runtime error when creating device."

I'm using Reason 7.1.1 under Windows 8.1, and I want to "try" this RE.

Has anyone else this issue? Does it only works in Reason 8.x and higher?

I have sent a support request to e-instruments.
Its a relatively big RE, maybe something went wrong when it was downloaded or something's wrong with your disk. Delete the RE, do a disk check and try re-installing.

• Information