StringWERK new RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
elwoodblues914C5

27 May 2016

I already have the London Solo Strings Refill,so this new RE seems utterly pointless to me(especially since Propellerhead will never upgrade their sample engines with better scripting.)

selig
RE Developer

27 May 2016

elwoodblues914C5 wrote:I already have the London Solo Strings Refill,so this new RE seems utterly pointless to me(especially since Propellerhead will never upgrade their sample engines with better scripting.)
Like they will never add audio, MIDI out, or dark themes? Or do you know something the rest of us don't know?
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

avasopht
Competition Winner

27 May 2016

---
Last edited by avasopht on 29 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Theo.M

27 May 2016

Good on you E instruments, and congrats to reason users for having a fabulous addition to the RE shop! What a great day, especially if more like this are released in future, covering other instruments. Again, jolly good show, well done :)

esselfortium

27 May 2016

Theo.M wrote:Good on you E instruments, and congrats to reason users for having a fabulous addition to the RE shop! What a great day, especially if more like this are released in future, covering other instruments. Again, jolly good show, well done :)
Yes please! I sincerely hope we'll finally start seeing some more Kontakt-esque instruments available for Reason soon, from e-Instruments and from some of the other quality devs out there. StringWERK is excellent and it's exciting to finally have something like this in the rack.

Impact Soundworks mentioned an RE port of Shreddage II a few years ago on KVR, but last I checked it had apparently been on the backburner for a long time. I hope they haven't completely abandoned the prospect, as I would loooove to see some of their libraries given faithful ports. Their old ReFill ports are already great stuff, and their Kontakt instruments are even better.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

elwoodblues914C5

27 May 2016

selig wrote:
elwoodblues914C5 wrote:I already have the London Solo Strings Refill,so this new RE seems utterly pointless to me(especially since Propellerhead will never upgrade their sample engines with better scripting.)
Like they will never add audio, MIDI out, or dark themes? Or do you know something the rest of us don't know?
;)
I don't know about anyone else,but I am growing tired of these Refills and RE's that only offer mediocre full ensembles and the only good orchestral stuff,is the quartets and small ensembles.
Sure...the StrongWerks puts a different spin on the small groupings of strings...but as I've said before,Propellerhead needs to upgrade their sample engines(as they have the same goddamn samplers since the beginning...which was what...like 13 years ago??)

mcatalao
Competition Winner

27 May 2016

Hey i tried this, it is really worth it, and probably the best sounding strings for reason up today!
The Animated patches are amazing and well worth. You can have that "Viva La Vida" Coldplay strings at the strike of a chord.

Nonetheless, i still miss the ability to change sounds and define the different sounds in each bank, and for more complex stuff you will really miss the solo sections with the whole lot of articulations. I guess without Disk streaming we will still have to wait some time until that kind of product arrives into Reason.

Nonetheless and as i said before, it's a great RE.

avasopht
Competition Winner

27 May 2016

---
Last edited by avasopht on 29 May 2016, edited 2 times in total.

avasopht
Competition Winner

27 May 2016

mcatalao wrote:I guess without Disk streaming we will still have to wait some time until that kind of product arrives into Reason.

Nonetheless and as i said before, it's a great RE.
Fingers crossed for disk streaming being a serious consideration!

PurpleMonkeyDishes

27 May 2016

avasopht wrote: What "sample engine" are you talking about? IDT uses code written by ujam, not Propellerhead for sampling.
The Ujam IDT is based on NNXT technology. It is more versatile in the sense that you can feed it with .NKS patches but essentially its a scripted nnxt.
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

avasopht
Competition Winner

27 May 2016

---

elwoodblues914C5

27 May 2016

avasopht wrote:
Again, there are a lot of imaginations on what goes on under the hood. Sampling is a trivial task.
Imagination...really?Just use your ears and l-i-s-t-e-n to the differences between Kontakt and NNXT.Reason's sampling is trivial,Kontakt's isn't.Why?The difference is more advanced scripting,why is precisely why Kontakt's sample quality trumps Reason's and why Kontakt has the largest sample library in the world.
If it weren't for Native Instrument's arduous installation issues,registration issues and lousy customer support,I would have never bothered with buying anymore sample libraries for Reason.

PurpleMonkeyDishes

27 May 2016

avasopht wrote:
PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:
The Ujam IDT is based on NNXT technology. It is more versatile in the sense that you can feed it with .NKS patches but essentially its a scripted nnxt.
NNXT technology?? What do you think that means exactly, and where have ujam said they are using nnxt code?

Again, there are a lot of imaginations on what goes on under the hood. Sampling is a trivial task.

What specific sampling methods do you think are missing?

I Beta tested the IDT for the props waaay back when..., Its NNxt tech for all the sampling, then you can add a few fx! nothing ground breaking.. It's as good as kontakt (under the hood) was 10 years ago.
But that's ok, because they are only starting out, there is plans in place for serious upgrade.

Wow two days in a row avasopht slams me down for speaking!... Maybe tomorrow we go for three in a row?
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

avasopht
Competition Winner

27 May 2016

---
Last edited by avasopht on 29 May 2016, edited 3 times in total.

avasopht
Competition Winner

27 May 2016

---

normen

27 May 2016

elwoodblues914C5 wrote:The difference is more advanced scripting
Even REs made with IDT can use C++ code so you can't get much more advanced "scripting" than that.

But yeah, lets talk about this RE, its lovely and I bought it :)

avasopht
Competition Winner

27 May 2016

normen wrote:
Even REs made with IDT can use C++ code so you can't get much more advanced "scripting" than that.

Yes, the sound is incredible and inspiring

PurpleMonkeyDishes

27 May 2016

avasopht wrote: Are you just trolling?
Keldon, no.. trolling is nothing to do with this. You don't even know who I am?

Forget it, you are not interested in hearing anything besides your own idea of things. There is no point in continuing..
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

avasopht
Competition Winner

27 May 2016

---

PurpleMonkeyDishes

27 May 2016

avasopht wrote:
I know who you are, .. you're that same guy from the PUF who pretended to have created Awe64 :roll: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Now I am completely lost... awe64? .. I never really used the puf as I was an employee back then.
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

avasopht
Competition Winner

27 May 2016

---

PurpleMonkeyDishes

27 May 2016

avasopht wrote:
avasopht wrote:
I know who you are, .. you're that same guy from the PUF who pretended to have created Awe64 :roll: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Now I am completely lost... awe64? .. I never really used the puf as I was an employee back then.
You're not lost, you've just been MADE!! :lol:

Thought you could get away with the same game here. Thought nobody would notice.

You thought wrong.

I clocked you immediately in the PUF and had a nice little chat with the staff, they were well aware.

So yeah, games up!

Anyway that is all, no need to waste any further time conversing with you and your little games :lol:

The game is up? What planet are you on Keldon?
I actually have no idea what the hell you are talking about??

Just because you disagree with me and badgered me over a few different posts and I called you out on it, now you are telling me I am someone?? who?? what?? where??
Seriously dude you need to go and get yourself a life, You have no idea who i am .. some people here do,because of my work and there is plenty of reputable people who can vouch, so whatever or whoever you are confusing me with, no idea...

Im getting the picture that you have some sort of paranoia issues, stop talking crap and get back on the point of this thread!
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

Softphonics

27 May 2016

avasopht wrote:
avasopht wrote:
You're not lost, you've just been MADE!! :lol:

Thought you could get away with the same game here. Thought nobody would notice.

You thought wrong.

I clocked you immediately in the PUF and had a nice little chat with the staff, they were well aware.

So yeah, games up!

Anyway that is all, no need to waste any further time conversing with you and your little games :lol:
Referee is here...

Avasopht if I may say, P.M.D is a valid and helpful user. Think you have a few crossed wires.

So in fairness to StringWERK Avasopht if you cant keep the thread on point, probably best to say nothing more.
------
Serious Sound For Serious Producers :reason:
http://www.Softphonics.com

mcatalao
Competition Winner

27 May 2016

normen wrote:

I have East West Synphonic Orchestra (out of reason of course), Miroslav, Garritan, and i will still buy this. It's a question of Tim€... ;)

elwoodblues914C5

27 May 2016

avasopht wrote:
elwoodblues914C5 wrote:
avasopht wrote:
Imagination...really?Just use your ears and l-i-s-t-e-n to the differences between Kontakt and NNXT.Reason's sampling is trivial,Kontakt's isn't.Why?The difference is more advanced scripting,why is precisely why Kontakt's sample quality trumps Reason's and why Kontakt has the largest sample library in the world.
I do use my ears. You do know the ears can lie as well (because the brain distorts EVERYTHING it perceives), which is why engineers make use of blind tests and measuring equipment.

You do know that IDT has the same advanced scripting as Kontakt and that the only audible differences between samplers is aliasing caused by interpolation and lack of or weak anti-aliasing filters, which has absolutely nothing to do with scripting, by the way :)
Well...you made it abundantly clear that your ears lie to you and lie terribly,because your ears are seriously deluding you,if you think Reason's sample players are even remotely in the same ball park as that of Kontakt 5 or even 4.
The NNXT is on par with Kontakt 3.
I'm no professional audio engineer,but I have long experience working with Kontakt 3 and 4 and spent the last 11 years with Propellerhead,doing plenty of critical mixing and listening and the differences in quality and scope between Kontakt 4 & 5,versus Reason's sample players is staggeringly obvious.
This is not to say that Refills like London Solo Strings and StringWerk aren't good quality-as indeed they are good(but there is a reason why these programs are limited to quartets and small ensembles...BECAUSE REASON'S LIMITED SCRIPTING CANNOT SUPPORT HIGH QUALITY FULL ORCHESTRAL SAMPLE LIBRARIES.)
I'm also & certainly no authority on sampling either,as I am not a software engineer,but I did speak with a software developer from BigFishAudio and he explained to me why the RE's sample quality,is no improvement over any other sample libraries in Reason(with regard to large scale orchestral ensembles and the like.)
That said,do you really think I'm going to take the word of some Reason-fan-boy and the unsubstantiated rhetoric he spews out,or the word of a software developer?
Get over yourself and spare yourself any further public embarrassment.

• Information