StringWERK new RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
joeyluck

28 Nov 2016

kuhliloach wrote:Joey mentioned "lengths" above, so I thought I'd chime in about a related StringWERK bug I've discovered: note lengths when long are causing pops and ticks on certain articulations. It seems this is happening on Tremelo and Trill's when the note is played for a longer period -- they begin popping and ticking as if the loops periods were sloppily established. Considering the overall high quality of this instrument I am surprised this kind of noise is happening. Anyone else notice this? I am hoping an update to StringWERK will clean up this noise.
I hadn't noticed this. Maybe what you are hearing is bow noise?

Faastwalker

28 Nov 2016

...... Was thinking I should just TRY this & then take advantage of the sale price while I can. But it literally disappeared from the Cyber Monday page whilst I was thinking this so it wasn't the best conceived plan! No worries, I'll TRY ASAP & then buy when on sale again.

Faastwalker

30 Nov 2016

Oh. My. Goodness.

Just downloaded this on trial. Lost myself for a fair amount of time.

It's absolutely stunning. Jeez, wish I had of pulled the trigger on Black Friday.

When is the next sale on? :P

Yonatan

01 Dec 2016

I hope they port their brass and horn RE too.

TheGodOfRainbows

03 Dec 2016

Yonatan wrote:I hope they port their brass and horn RE too.
I hope so. I also hope eventually they release the full orchestra, including brass, woodwinds and solo instruments.

TheGodOfRainbows

26 Dec 2016

I just came back to say StringWERK is awesome. Instantly became a favorite Re. Far too long have I waited for some solid Kontakt level quality sample-based Res, specifically orchestral strings.

qn5

29 Dec 2016

Just broke this out on a couple new tracks. LOVING how intuitive it is.
Highly recommended.
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

Faastwalker

29 Dec 2016

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:I just came back to say StringWERK is awesome. Instantly became a favorite Re. Far too long have I waited for some solid Kontakt level quality sample-based Res, specifically orchestral strings.
I've got this on trial currently. I've been blown away how good this sounds. I'm not an expert on strings and I'm sure there are more capable, larger libraries available. But for me having this in Reason is a bit special. Buying ASAP ;)

chimp_spanner

02 Jan 2017

I tried to demo this when it was first released but it never downloaded and now it's expired. Wonder if I can get the trial period reset somehow?

chimp_spanner

04 Jan 2017

Nevermind, just got it in the end. Really good! Love the deep staccato sounds. Perfect for this true crime/horror brief I've got on. I'd love to see their other instruments ported to RE also!!

Steedus
Competition Winner

09 Oct 2017

Just a heads up, I just noticed this is currently on sale for $59. I've been tempted to grab it in the past, but was hoping they'd update it with some solo sounds .. oh well, I guess that's not what this one is about. Still seems like a great instrument.

Reasonable man

09 Oct 2017

Its a steal for €59 . It dosn't have solo samples which is a pity but the 'expressive strings' preset is the best ive heard (in my opinion) and i tirelessy looked for reasonably priced quality strings. What ever type of algorythmn the expressive string preset has ...it behaves exactly how bowed strings with deep vibrato do and i found that if you stick to four voices it can sound like a real string quartet epesicially if you create a parralel channel with heavy compression and blend it subtly in.

Emian

10 Oct 2017

i bought it as well with this sale (i also believe it's price has never been this low). This is a great sounding RE !

The animator is so much fun to work with ^^

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Steedus
Competition Winner

10 Oct 2017

I'm testing it out now. I like it, but as a Rack Extension it is a little odd how it works. Like how the articulations are only loaded with the included 3 patches, you can't load them yourself. And the arpeggiator is only available after loading the specific Animator patch. Also the lack of pre-set patches included.. Hmm just different I suppose. I know all this has already been mentioned in this thread but it is something that has, at least initially, made me not 'love it' straight away. But I use basic strings alot so I think it'll make a nice addition to my rack.

I'm also now regretting down-sizing to a smaller keyboard without mod or pitch wheels! :P

Faastwalker

12 Oct 2017

Tempted to snap this up at $59. A great resource to have as an RE in the rack I think.

TheGodOfRainbows

13 Oct 2017

StringWERK is easily one of my favorite Rack Extensions. Beautiful strings.

Faastwalker

13 Oct 2017

Bought. I’ve been hanging for a sale after missing out previously. Wasn’t going to let it pass again.

yun

14 Oct 2017

Just wanted to say I was really impressed with the trial; seems like a good steal at the discounted $60. I'm hoping they expand this with a brass RE next; Reason definitely needs better orchestral samples!

Scoobyman II

14 Oct 2017

I'm enjoying it. You can use all the new reason Players with it as well. It was never included in all the other big sale periods. I couldn't pass it up this time.

manisnotabird

19 Mar 2018

That the different articulations and animator options are only accessible by switching preset patches is *monumentally* stupid.

ltbrunt00

22 Mar 2018

I agree about the articulations but I do like the StringWerk RE better than it's VST big brother Session Strings pro.

I usually use both of them in projects, having anywhere from 3-4 of StringWerk and 2 of Session String pro.

It is much faster coming up with ideas using the RE vs the VST.

Would love if E-instruments would release an StringWerk update paid or free with the individual Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass samples.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Faastwalker

22 Mar 2018

manisnotabird wrote:
19 Mar 2018
That the different articulations and animator options are only accessible by switching preset patches is *monumentally* stupid.
It's a bit strange how it works. I was a little baffled at first. But I can get to what I want quickly now so it doesn't worry me. Gorgeous RE.

• Information