Spectra is on the way mid 2016

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Faastwalker

27 Feb 2018

EnochLight wrote:
26 Feb 2018
Faastwalker wrote:
26 Feb 2018

I feel the same. It looks & sounds great ...... but, we have no shortage of fantastic synth RE's in Reason by now & we can use VST's. As good as this RE looks it's entering a pretty comprehensive arena. It will need to blow us away, be well priced & make us a cup of tea to stand out. That's no determent to the developer. This thing looks amazing. It's just the reality of Rack Extensions & Reason in 2018.
Took the words right out my mouth. Looking forward to trialing it, though!
Absolutely. Will definitely be hitting TRY on this one. Love the GUI. Spot on. If it sounds good, is nice to work with, makes interesting sounds/textures not easy to get elsewhere in Reason, doesn't bring CPU to its knees & if the price is right I might even think about buying it.

Loque

27 Feb 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
26 Feb 2018
buddard wrote:
26 Feb 2018

A pro tip for future releases: If you upload your videos to Youtube as "Unlisted" instead of "Public", only people who explicitly receive the link from you will be able to see them. Then on release day you can change the video to "Public" to make it discoverable by anyone!
I still can’t believe I was THAT GUY jumping the gun XD I have much respect for this developer sticking with it. From the videos this seriously looks like a banger of a device. Idk any other devices except for proton2 with such a comprehensive custom display:) well done there. Are there any videos on the ability to resynthesize samples? I heard it mentioned on this thread and saw an audio input on one of the renders from a few years ago, unless it is built with the newest sdk and it’s just sample loading. Either way this is a must have for myself I’m glad there is something in the ballpark of harmor in Reason, also any word on price?
From the manual:
Attachments
render.jpg
render.jpg (50.41 KiB) Viewed 6864 times
Reason12, Win10

modecca

27 Feb 2018

Auryn wrote:
26 Feb 2018

Product description is looking really good. Or should I say "spectracular" ;) ... either way I'm certainly going to take this for a spin!
Just the multi stage (up to 10) spectral sequence feature alone, ensures this thing can do something different from the additive Re's I already own.
🔗💥

dhruan

27 Feb 2018

Really pumped by this synth. I will dedicate a month for this one alone (personal solo synth challenge) and see what I can come up with. :)
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

Loque

28 Feb 2018

WHERE IS IT???
tenor.gif
tenor.gif (760.48 KiB) Viewed 5889 times
Reason12, Win10

scratchnsnifff

28 Feb 2018

Loque wrote:
28 Feb 2018
WHERE IS IT???

tenor.gif
Hahaha! I know, iv been checking the shop religiously. I haven’t been this excited for a new RE in a while :) I just love how deep this re is. Reminds me of a Blofeld mixed with parsec or something.i think it’s cool that the Developer took his time to implement all the features in a proper fashion
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Loque

28 Feb 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
28 Feb 2018
Loque wrote:
28 Feb 2018
WHERE IS IT???

tenor.gif
Hahaha! I know, iv been checking the shop religiously. I haven’t been this excited for a new RE in a while :) I just love how deep this re is. Reminds me of a Blofeld mixed with parsec or something.i think it’s cool that the Developer took his time to implement all the features in a proper fashion
:o
images.jpg
images.jpg (6.64 KiB) Viewed 5734 times
Reason12, Win10

Reasonistas
RE Developer

28 Feb 2018

For those thinking of trialing, buying or subscribing to Spectra, here is the official Combinator backdrop developed by Reasonistas.

Search for "Spectra" here bit.ly/combinators then right click on the image and select "Save image as".
Reasonistas' Spectra Combinator Backdrop.png
Reasonistas' Spectra Combinator Backdrop.png (609.15 KiB) Viewed 5549 times
Last edited by Reasonistas on 14 Jun 2018, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

scratchnsnifff

28 Feb 2018

Noel G. wrote:
28 Feb 2018
For those thinking of trialing, buying or subscribing to Spectra, here is the official Combinator backdrop developed by Reasonistas.

Search for "Spectra" here https://goo.gl/vWhwnv then right click on the image and select "Save image as".

Woah, that looks awesome, nice job Noel

Faastwalker

28 Feb 2018

Noel G. wrote:
28 Feb 2018

Search for "Spectra" here https://goo.gl/vWhwnv then right click on the image and select "Save image as".

That's awesome. Nice job ;)

Have to see this is one seriously fantastic looking GUI on this RE. It definitely draws you in.

synthetechsound
RE Developer

01 Mar 2018

Hey everyone, I really appreciate the enthusiasm about Spectra.

I just wanted to remind everyone that the acceptance process for a new RE can take up to a month in some cases and may take longer if rework is requested.

Believe me when I say, I want this to go live more than you do.

Loque

01 Mar 2018

synthetechsound wrote:
01 Mar 2018

I just wanted to remind everyone that the acceptance process for a new RE can take up to a month in some cases and may take longer if rework is requested.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif (456.08 KiB) Viewed 4753 times
Reason12, Win10

synthetechsound
RE Developer

01 Mar 2018

:)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 Mar 2018

This thread is like the longest teaser ever :D

Auryn

01 Mar 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
01 Mar 2018
This thread is like the longest teaser ever :D
no kidding huh? by now expectations are probably higher than for The Force Awakens
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

scratchnsnifff

02 Mar 2018

synthetechsound wrote:
01 Mar 2018

If we can wait years I’m sure we can wait up to a month, the way I see it; I’d rather have everything ironed out upon arrival. Especially because of how deep of a display screen you got going on. I don’t know of any Res that have such a comprehensive screen :D

Loque

02 Mar 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
02 Mar 2018
synthetechsound wrote:
01 Mar 2018

If we can wait years I’m sure we can wait up to a month, the way I see it; I’d rather have everything ironed out upon arrival. Especially because of how deep of a display screen you got going on. I don’t know of any Res that have such a comprehensive screen :D
Yea, i can wait too. Considering how some ppl start raging if there are some bugs, it is best to fix everything before.
Reason12, Win10

scratchnsnifff

02 Mar 2018

Loque wrote:
02 Mar 2018
scratchnsnifff wrote:
02 Mar 2018

Yea, i can wait too. Considering how some ppl start raging if there are some bugs, it is best to fix everything before.
Haha yeah, it’s just better for all parties. Especially being a first for the developer. I honestly hate seeing people’s dark side because of a couple of imperfections. Iv always just learned to look at what it does well rather than dwell on mishaps:) from the videos it does indeed bring something new to the table even after releases like expanse, Europa, and others. That in itself is worth the wait for myself

Soeno

12 Mar 2018

it`s out - €89.00 intro price...

Loque

12 Mar 2018

Soeno wrote:
12 Mar 2018
it`s out - €89.00 intro price...
Yea...gonna check it out tonight.
Reason12, Win10

antic604

12 Mar 2018

How is the DSP hit, in the range of Subtractor to Expanse? ;) :)

Loque

12 Mar 2018

Guess this thread should be closed now.
Reason12, Win10

• Information