Spectra is on the way mid 2016

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Kenni
Site Admin

31 Mar 2017

synthetechsound wrote:
AzureEyes wrote:Guys. It's coming. Let's quit pestering this guy! He's working hard. He's making this the best he can. He's adding the SDK 2.5 functionality and is making this ambitious instrument more deeper then he first imagined it. It's coming! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
LOL Its all good. It is what it is. The biggest challenge at the moment is finding the time to finish Spectra while working my demanding 9 - 5. I'm currently working on new functionality as a result of the new SDK and while I wish I could just work on this all day everyday, my demanding IT job leaves me maybe a few hours each night to work on it.

All in All I'm very much looking forward to finishing Spectra and I'm even glad that people are excited about the prospect of Spectra enough to crack a few jokes about it.
Glad you're taking it this way! :)

By the way, you should totally join our Slack chat - We have a channel (chatroom) in there limited to approved Propellerhead Developers only!
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

synthetechsound
RE Developer

31 Mar 2017

@Kenni

Sounds like an awesome idea Kenni.

Loque

31 Aug 2017

Still not released yet and no big announcements or news...

Hope we gonna see the birth of this and maybe we can help out (beta test or something else)...
Reason12, Win10

synthetechsound
RE Developer

31 Aug 2017

Wow! Thanks for the ongoing interest. I'm Still testing and profiling. It's great to know that this community is still interested. It has taken longer than I anticipated. Ill update the thread closer to the release.

Loque

31 Aug 2017

synthetechsound wrote:
31 Aug 2017
Wow! Thanks for the ongoing interest. I'm Still testing and profiling. It's great to know that this community is still interested. It has taken longer than I anticipated. Ill update the thread closer to the release.
Good news. Thanks for the update. As mention, if you need help in beta or creating patches, feel free to ask.
Reason12, Win10

dhruan

31 Aug 2017

Interested still, absolutely! :)
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

scratchnsnifff

31 Aug 2017

I'm also highly in anticipation for this release :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

miscend

01 Sep 2017

Please don't be vapourware
Last edited by miscend on 24 Jan 2018, edited 1 time in total.

AzureEyes

29 Sep 2017

So excited. Let me know if you need beta testing done

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

miscend

24 Jan 2018

Can we assume this is no longer being actively developed?

wireless

24 Jan 2018

On a related tack.......
I have been looking at the videos of Unfiltered Audio SpecOps from Plugin Alliance. Although this is an effect and not an instrument, it seems to be operating in a similar way?

"Unfiltered Audio introduces a new way to slice, dice, mangle and mix your audio using the power of spectral processing. SpecOps analyzes and splits sounds into thousands of 'bins' that can then be isolated and processed by effects that boost, compress, saturate, decapitate, and glitch with extreme precision. Use it to for unique sound effects, spectral synthesis, or for solving everyday mix problems."

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... ecops.html

synthetechsound
RE Developer

24 Jan 2018

miscend wrote:
24 Jan 2018
That would be an incorrect assumption..

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2018

synthetechsound wrote:
24 Jan 2018
miscend wrote:
24 Jan 2018
So when will the release happen then? :)

synthetechsound
RE Developer

25 Jan 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
25 Jan 2018
synthetechsound wrote:
24 Jan 2018

As soon as the beta completes and ph approve the device. I made a couple of late changes based on beta feedback and now it’s about ensuring these haven’t broken anything else. I’m not trying to be coy. It is what it is. I’m not going to provide a date because I haven’t hit a single target date over the almost 4 years of development.

I feel really lucky to have awesome people working in the beta. The sound designers have been exceptionally awesome as have all of the demo song producers. It has been truly humbling to work with everyone involved.

I built Spectra because I wanted it as a synth. I wanted all of its features for myself so that I could play with it. Having almost completed it, the thing I’ve learned is that existing rack extension developers are pretty awesome. The quality of the existing available synths is extremely high and many of the delays in my synth are about trying to respect that quality standard. We are spoiled for choice wrt rack extensions.

Anyway. I may not respond to additional questions as I’m trying to finish the second change so I can get the beta back on the rails and hopefully complete it soon.

I really appreciate the ongoing interest in this project and the patience of everyone.

dhruan

25 Jan 2018

Thanks for the update! And hey, it is better to take your time and make the right thing and make it right! :)
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

synthetechsound
RE Developer

25 Jan 2018

dhruan wrote:
25 Jan 2018
Thanks for the update! And hey, it is better to take your time and make the right thing and make it right! :)
:) :thumbs_up:

scratchnsnifff

26 Jan 2018

synthetechsound wrote:
25 Jan 2018
dhruan wrote:
25 Jan 2018
:) :thumbs_up:
I am so glad to see this is still alive!! Been dying to get my hands on it ever since I saw this thread a few years ago. Your work will pay off :)

Loque

26 Jan 2018

Guess the new release date is mid 2018.

I am also interested what this thing can do and if the patches offer something new. Always looking for new ways to sculp a sound...
Reason12, Win10

EnochLight

26 Jan 2018

I hate to be "that guy", but... after several years of waiting and discussion here, I seriously feel bad for the dev. To hold up to the level of hype is going to be a monumental task!

Hoping this doesn't turn out to be a Phantom Menace.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Loque

26 Jan 2018

EnochLight wrote:
26 Jan 2018
I hate to be "that guy", but... after several years of waiting and discussion here, I seriously feel bad for the dev. To hold up to the level of hype is going to be a monumental task!

Hoping this doesn't turn out to be a Phantom Menace.
That just shows how much time and effort such a development task is... I hope some guys think about this, if they rage about the prices the next time...
Reason12, Win10

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

26 Jan 2018

synthetechsound wrote:
25 Jan 2018
TritoneAddiction wrote:
25 Jan 2018

As soon as the beta completes and ph approve the device. I made a couple of late changes based on beta feedback and now it’s about ensuring these haven’t broken anything else. I’m not trying to be coy. It is what it is. I’m not going to provide a date because I haven’t hit a single target date over the almost 4 years of development.

I feel really lucky to have awesome people working in the beta. The sound designers have been exceptionally awesome as have all of the demo song producers. It has been truly humbling to work with everyone involved.

I built Spectra because I wanted it as a synth. I wanted all of its features for myself so that I could play with it. Having almost completed it, the thing I’ve learned is that existing rack extension developers are pretty awesome. The quality of the existing available synths is extremely high and many of the delays in my synth are about trying to respect that quality standard. We are spoiled for choice wrt rack extensions.

Anyway. I may not respond to additional questions as I’m trying to finish the second change so I can get the beta back on the rails and hopefully complete it soon.

I really appreciate the ongoing interest in this project and the patience of everyone.
Awesome.

Regardless if I buy it or not I really appreciate that there are still people developing new REs. I'll download the trial and give it a spin when it comes out.

I think your approach is good. It's way better to wait a little longer and release a product your proud of rather than rush it.

scratchnsnifff

26 Jan 2018

I remember seeing some where on this forum that this device is based on the concept of resynthesis so if that is indeed the case then it surely will live up to the hype my only question is if it will be using the new sdk, maybe that’s part of the reason for the extra delay on its production? But the picture shows an audio input so I’d assume that’s how it will go about it either way its a new form of synthesis not really available in the RE market. The closest things that touch the subject are parsec, sort of, and maybe you could consider the other devices like zero and other additive synths that let you draw waveforms. But I don’t think that really counts as resynthesiZing :p

Long live the hype of spectre. That name alone does it for me

ltbrunt00

29 Jan 2018

I think this will be a fine addition to the Rack. The forums waited 17 years for VST. A few more months waiting for Spectre won't kill anyone.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

29 Jan 2018

The last two posts highlight why this product probably needs a name change. And of course, there's already an RE device in the shop that really is called "Spectre". If people confuse your product with another product simply because they can't spell it properly (even when the product name is spelled out in the subject field and previous posts repeatedly) typed out in front of them, you're probably going to be fighting an uphill battle if people keep calling it the wrong name. It's a big decision and one any dev might be reluctant to make, but it might have been ok in 2016, it's probably a tad too generic at this point to risk not doing it, imho.

No-one has ever played "Trivial Pursuits" ;)

Loque

29 Jan 2018

Some suggestions :
* REsynth
* REspec Synthesizer
* FreQ Synthesizer
* FrequesiRE
* FrequesizRE
* LightBeam
* WaveBeam
* Tech1000
:-D