JackBox L1MDrum and QASIC RZ-i in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Lizard

12 May 2016

dioxide wrote:Mmm, drum machines. I wanted a Jackbox Drumtraks, but sadly it wasn't meant to be :|
Do not count it out just yet. Keep yer chin up mate! This seems to be a successful line for Quadelectra. This is what... their 6th module so far? So they wouldn't continue if they weren't well received. I think there are a lot of vintage units out there that have received notoriety and garnered a cult and artist fan base and they seem to be covered here. Some I think have more importance that others but in this line they have hit most of the sought after devices. Without doubt the 808 and 909 are gospel but the LinnDrum is among hip hop legend. The others like the 707 and 727 too but not like the aforementioned.

My personal thoughts that would sell fantastically would be the Oberheim DM/DMX and the Simmons SDS-V (already mentioned). These two are mainstays with 80's pop/rock used heavily on anything Prince touched. I could also see the Dumulator I/II and the SP-12 as Viable candidates. The Drumulator II and SP-12 would fall nicely into this group because of the sample loading tool. But the DMX.... I'm a fan boi. They are not even affordable today running you four figures at least. So having a functional one hitting on the capabilities (minus sequencing) would be bought from me.

I hadn't much experience with SC DrumTraks. When I was much younger I remember seeing one in the store but what caught my eye more than that was the SC SixTrak it was coupled to at the time. I think I spent more time playing with that because not many synths at the time offered multitrack ability (if any). Funny how those things wouldn't be given a second thought today. :D

Aquila

12 May 2016

dioxide wrote:Not a biggy but there's a typo on the Linn Drum interface. Tambourine not Tamburine. :ugeek:
Just reiterated that on Props' Facebook post ;)

Yonatan

12 May 2016

If you take away the "e" at the end it is correct if you are a swede! ;)

Dave909

12 May 2016

We still need the 606 too tho

Libraquaricorn

12 May 2016

Dave909 wrote:We still need the 606 too tho
Indeed, we do!

fceramic

13 May 2016

I'm afraid the L1M sample converter is quite buggy. Tried creating a couple of kits and most of the sounds end up missing once imported into the device. Such a shame, as I loved the concept.

miscend

13 May 2016

Has anyone compared these to vlinn yet? That is the most accurate linn drum machine vst.
http://www.alyjameslab.com/alyjameslabvlinn.html

Lizard

14 May 2016

fceramic wrote:I'm afraid the L1M sample converter is quite buggy. Tried creating a couple of kits and most of the sounds end up missing once imported into the device. Such a shame, as I loved the concept.
I regret that I have the same experience. I had plenty of BIN files from Drumtraks and the DMX which I was surprised that the editor said that it supported. But in this case it failed to create a proper set. I'm going to try other tests to see what works. I'm running on Win 10 FWIW.

The good thing is that included in the patches are sample kits of the DX/DMX as well as the Drumtraks. So dioxide and I don't have to wish too hard. ;)

Dave909

14 May 2016

I havent tried loading samples yet. Im sure Quadelectra will get it to work tho. Im already pretty pleased with whats there till then. Really nice sound character in these RE's :)

dioxide

14 May 2016

Lizard wrote:
fceramic wrote:The good thing is that included in the patches are sample kits of the DX/DMX as well as the Drumtraks. So dioxide and I don't have to wish too hard. ;)
Wow nice! :thumbs_up:

Lizard

14 May 2016

I created a remote map for the Nektar Panorama for this device. If you are a Panorama user and want support for the L1mDrum (and many others Nektar isn't providing just yet) you can get them at the thread link below :

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... 66#p222957

I was tempted to map the drum buttons to the MPC style pads but in truth they are not touch sensitive and since a P1 doesn't have the pads I felt a map using the buttons under the faders a better choice. In addition it keeps all the drum hit, level and pan controls in line with each other. I'm pleased with the result. Hope this is of use to any Nektar users.

altron

15 May 2016

These are great! I got all the Jackboxes and I don't mind that they don't have any extra features that the original don't have. I think Quadelectra is purist in that and I like the detail to follow the originals.

But the series is not complete without:

TR-606
Oberheim DMX
and (a secret weapon): the Alesis HR-16B
Trap is where music goes to die.

joeyluck

04 Jun 2016

joeyluck wrote:These are great!

One thing I've noticed (and I'm not sure if this is how it is on the other Jackboxes), but there is a break in the rack rail below the device created by a black line/shadow. Kind of defeats the effect and looks a bit awkward...
L1m-rack_rail.jpg
L1m-rack_rail.jpg (97.14 KiB) Viewed 2808 times
Is anybody else experiencing this?

I had contacted Quadelectra about it a few weeks ago and never heard back.

It seems odd. Can the shadow at the bottom of the GUI be removed as to not produce this broken look? It's also not wide enough...
If it can't be fixed, I would use regular rack ears (or just thicker wood across) and not try to mimic the rack rails as part of the GUI. The illusion is lost with this.

This is how it looks in Reason 8.3.2 and Reason 9 beta.

Libraquaricorn

04 Jun 2016

joeyluck wrote:
joeyluck wrote:These are great!

One thing I've noticed (and I'm not sure if this is how it is on the other Jackboxes), but there is a break in the rack rail below the device created by a black line/shadow. Kind of defeats the effect and looks a bit awkward...
L1m-rack_rail.jpg
Is anybody else experiencing this?

I had contacted Quadelectra about it a few weeks ago and never heard back.

It seems odd. Can the shadow at the bottom of the GUI be removed as to not produce this broken look? It's also not wide enough...
If it can't be fixed, I would use regular rack ears (or just thicker wood across) and not try to mimic the rack rails as part of the GUI. The illusion is lost with this.

This is how it looks in Reason 8.3.2 and Reason 9 beta.
Yes, it's like that in my Reason 7.1 as well. I would never have noticed though, so It really doesn't bother me. However, If I was Quadelectra I would probably loose sleep over this. Thank God I'm not Quadelectra... :puf_wink:

joeyluck

04 Jun 2016

Libraquaricorn wrote:
Yes, it's like that in my Reason 7.1 as well. I would never have noticed though, so It really doesn't bother me. However, If I was Quadelectra I would probably loose sleep over this. Thank God I'm not Quadelectra... :puf_wink:
Haha well I notice and it bugs me because it looks buggy. There are few things GUI-wise I think can be seen as such. This makes it look like something in Reason is broken.

Maybe even just extending the rack ears:
L1m-full-rack-ears.jpg
L1m-full-rack-ears.jpg (326.66 KiB) Viewed 2801 times
But if it's original look/goal can be fixed, that would be cool :puf_smile:

Zac

08 Dec 2016

Were the bundles (4 for 3) or the colour coded bundles just a temporary thing or will they be back after the current sale?

Libraquaricorn

08 Dec 2016

Zac wrote:Were the bundles (4 for 3) or the colour coded bundles just a temporary thing or will they be back after the current sale?
I remember it saying "for a limited time only".

geronimo

12 Nov 2017

Do not they miss general Gate / Cv plugs, for use with the utility TM-1 (Robotic Bean) for example ?

chimp_spanner

13 Nov 2017

Put it in a Combinator :) Works fine.

strangers
Competition Winner

13 Nov 2017

I didn't even know these existed. Demo tracks sound great. Gonna have to trial these.

Data_Shrine

13 Nov 2017

Wow theses sounds great.. will be keeping an eye on them on Black Friday.

BananaSkins

13 Nov 2017

joeyluck wrote:
12 May 2016
These are great!

L1m-rack_rail.jpg

It's the Black Faders and Black Knobs over the black surface panel that gets to me, I have to turn the brightness up on my monitor to differentiate between the two and see the faders etc more clearly :(

Creativemind

13 Nov 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:
11 May 2016
QE...please...puhlease...do a sick Jackbox bundle! 707, 727, 808, 909, L1M, QASIC. Because I will throw money at that so bad.
That sounds like a plan mate! Something a bit like D16 Groups Punchbox but with the L1M and QASIC thrown in for good measure. :D

In fact, I may be wrong in my idea of Punchbox is looking at it lol! it's just for kicks by the look of it.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information