Is this really 139$ or a Glitch

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
boobytrap

14 Apr 2016

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ontroller/

Untitled 1.png
Untitled 1.png (178.87 KiB) Viewed 3407 times
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (98.14 KiB) Viewed 3407 times
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Dave909

14 Apr 2016

Not a glitch. We were warned that this update would appear. Im glad i jumped on this when it was still 15 euros :)

Miguel da Wu

14 Apr 2016

That must be a glitch!

Faastwalker

14 Apr 2016

I still don't know what the hell this thing is all about. Even more puzzled by the price jump from $15 to $139 and this ROMOS thing! Very odd.
Last edited by Faastwalker on 14 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

sdst
Competition Winner

14 Apr 2016

I thought this was for the April Fools' Day, and came out now

Dave909

14 Apr 2016

That romos thing is actually pretty interesting. Will be cool for random background sounds.

SunSetCity

14 Apr 2016

Sorry, but demanding 139 EUR/$ for that kind of device is absolutely ridiculous in my view!! Slowly this whole RE-thing becomes a farce...

199 $ for U-He's Zebra 2
179 $ for U-He's Diva
129 $ for U-He's Bazille

These are 3 first-class synthesizers!! And 139 $ for a Switch-Controller in Reason?? I mean... Come on, really? Are you serious, "Doodov"?

By the way, is it pronounced "Du Doof"? :lol:
Last edited by SunSetCity on 14 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

boobytrap

14 Apr 2016

SunSetCity wrote:Sorry, but demanding 139 EUR/$ for that kind of device is absolutely ridiculous in my view!! Slowly this whole RE-thing becomes a farce...

179 $ for U-He's Diva
129 $ for U-He's Bazille
99 $ for U-He's Dark Zebra

These are 3 first-class synthesizers!! And 139 $ for a Switch-Controller in Reason?? I mean... Come on, really? Are you serious, "Doodov"?

By the way, is it pronounced "Du Doof"? :lol:
I think that was a Glitch when they try to show the update. it's just nothing but need to talk about these errors. you also make a little error.
The Dark Zebra isn't a synth, its a Sound bank with some extras. you need to buy Zebra 2 first. and it's 199

Noplan
Competition Winner

14 Apr 2016

Simulates a bank account glitch that transforms your hard-earned money into air.

SunSetCity

14 Apr 2016

boobytrap wrote: I think that was a Glitch when they try to show the update. it's just nothing but need to talk about these errors. you also make a little error.
The Dark Zebra isn't a synth, its a Sound bank with some extras. you need to buy Zebra 2 first. and it's 199
Oops, you're right! I've edited my post above. Thanks for clarifying that. But nevertheless my point is still valid, I believe...

jam-s

14 Apr 2016

It's no glitch, but only a way to get some kind of copy protection into their R.O.M.O.S. refills.

SunSetCity

14 Apr 2016

Noplan wrote:Simulates a bank account glitch that transforms your hard-earned money into air.

Faastwalker

14 Apr 2016

I've just hit the 'Sync' button on my Rack Extensions account page;

405MB?! Really?! Bit on the large side for a CV switching device isn't it?!

Can anyone explain what the hell is going on with this thing?! :?

Despondo
Competition Winner

14 Apr 2016

stevan

14 Apr 2016

:shock: That must be a bad joke !
Last edited by stevan on 14 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

ddrex
Competition Winner

14 Apr 2016

The new price is not a glitch but the result of some long term thinking about random generated
Spatial music. For more detail about this process please read the topic called SW4-C update
And price change.
To make a long story short, the SW4-C is at the heart of a system that is very time consuming
(field recordings, custom tool development, long testing) and has a very small potential client pool for the moment, so the price increase is the only way to make this venture a bit less unprofitable !
We tried to give enough notice about this and apologize for any negative feeling this change could cause.

The Doodov Digital Design team

boobytrap

14 Apr 2016

Ok.. that explain lot. I'm not arguing at this point coz Judges decision are final. All devices are worth more than the price. every time when open Reason it's feel that I have real hardware things.

GRIFTY

14 Apr 2016

It seems aimed at commercial buyers. Hotels and gyms and whatnot. Good luck dude

Loque

14 Apr 2016

Lol!!!
Reason12, Win10

lowpryo

14 Apr 2016

ddrex wrote:The new price is not a glitch but the result of some long term thinking about random generated
Spatial music. For more detail about this process please read the topic called SW4-C update
And price change.
To make a long story short, the SW4-C is at the heart of a system that is very time consuming
(field recordings, custom tool development, long testing) and has a very small potential client pool for the moment, so the price increase is the only way to make this venture a bit less unprofitable !
We tried to give enough notice about this and apologize for any negative feeling this change could cause.

The Doodov Digital Design team
I understand that you plan on using this device as a trigger for this "ROMOS" system. but why not keep the price on this the same, and charge more for the other Refills or REs that you are releasing for "ROMOS"? after all, there are other methods in the shop that send randomized CV signals too, for a fraction of the price. the inherent value of your new system isn't in this device. so wouldn't that be more logical?

pushedbutton

14 Apr 2016

This product is obviously aimed at towns and communities that would like to pipe random sounds through their closed circuit broadcast systems. When you look at it as price per person and have about 1000 people benefiting from it at any one time it's actually very good value for money. I mean, who wouldn't want random blips and bloops while you're out shopping or waiting for a concert to start?
This certainly isn't an elaborate trolling exercise by a developer hoping to raise their profile with a bit of scandal, it's simply not for your average Reason user. Perhaps having it listed in the Prop Shop has caused some confusion but this isn't an offer that we need to concern ourselves with as it's obviously not aimed at individual users who would concern themselves with value for money.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

lowpryo

14 Apr 2016

pushedbutton wrote:This product is obviously aimed at towns and communities that would like to pipe random sounds through their closed circuit broadcast systems. When you look at it as price per person and have about 1000 people benefiting from it at any one time it's actually very good value for money. I mean, who wouldn't want random blips and bloops while you're out shopping or waiting for a concert to start?
This certainly isn't an elaborate trolling exercise by a developer hoping to raise their profile with a bit of scandal, it's simply not for your average Reason user. Perhaps having it listed in the Prop Shop has caused some confusion but this isn't an offer that we need to concern ourselves with as it's obviously not aimed at individual users who would concern themselves with value for money.
but the thing is, this product alone does not pipe random sounds through systems. all it does is send randomized CV triggers to different sources. it did that when it costed $15, and it still does that at $139. i'm asking, why not instead price up the other parts of the system that actually add the unique value? it's a consumer issue because they essentially forced it off the "individual user" market, when a more logical pricing scheme could have kept it functioning on both the user scale, and for the more "exclusive" system owners.

also I just wanna say that I'm not personally impacted by this. I question it because I think it's a very interesting conversation to have. there hasn't been a price hike like this one in RE history, right? I think a healthy debate about it is only natural, and ultimately the developer will stick with whatever they want.
Last edited by lowpryo on 14 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Dave909

14 Apr 2016

Its because in this way the sampled content and patchwork is tied to the rack extension and protected by its copyprotection system. I do think selling the RE seperate would be a smart move to get customers who dont have a need for the full system

arqui

14 Apr 2016

not for me!!! good luck with sales!!!
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Aasmund1986

14 Apr 2016

Rack Extensions can be pretty expensive. Take a look at Antidote and Zero.
Reason 10 Intro
Parsec, Europa, Antidote, Predator, PX7, 4MER, eXpanse, SynthMaster One, ReSpire

• Information