Three new Rigs in the Shop ( Expanded Versions)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dan_g

26 Feb 2016

For 299€ each Rig.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/bundle/backline-rig-2/
https://shop.propellerheads.se/bundle/m ... ing-rig-2/
https://shop.propellerheads.se/bundle/synthetic-rig-2/

What do you think? good for new users ? bad for the ones who already bought?

Edit: seems that they got rid of the old Rigs
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

Majestik Monkey

26 Feb 2016

The Synthetic Rig is a Steal !

Big up to PH :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

mrj1nx

26 Feb 2016

Question, what happens if you own a rig v1? Do you get the update for free? Or is there an upgrade path?

Emian

26 Feb 2016

hmmmm, i have bought the original Synthetic Rig; but allready own most of what they now just added (except mercury 4).... so no point in updating there.
i was planning to maybe buy the original Outboard/Mix an Mastering rig; but now they added stuff there that i allready own (like FET & GQ-7), so that'll be a no-go too....

for people who don't own much RE's yet i think this is a good choice; in my case however it isn't :)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Emian

26 Feb 2016

mrj1nx wrote:Question, what happens if you own a rig v1? Do you get the update for free? Or is there an upgrade path?
79€ upgrade price says the shop :)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

mrj1nx

26 Feb 2016

Emian wrote:
mrj1nx wrote:Question, what happens if you own a rig v1? Do you get the update for free? Or is there an upgrade path?
79€ upgrade price says the shop :)
Cool, well anyways, seeing as I've bought most of the good stuff they added in these rigs this would be more negative than positive for me. I would say this confirms even more that buying anything at regular price is a big no-no, in this new era of sales it's better to just wait until a good price comes along.

Social Exodus

26 Feb 2016

mrj1nx wrote:I would say this confirms even more that buying anything at regular price is a big no-no, in this new era of sales it's better to just wait until a good price comes along.
Unless the PH Shop comes up with consistent upgrade or "finish your bundle" type policies I think this is true. I really can't see where this is a good way to proceed as a business myself, but then many companies (cellular providers, satellite providers, etc.) do the same thing by providing sweet deals to attract new customers while ignoring the faithful who pay the freight day in and day out. Dish Network actually called me once to see if I was still a happy camper and I kind of unloaded about this behavior on the poor girl. Since I had been with them at the time for 13 years, she saw my point and as a result, I got a years worth of discounts and other considerations. But I had to complain to get that which sucks. Oh well, state of the world I guess.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

avasopht
Competition Winner

26 Feb 2016

I find this offensive!

Deals this great are tantamount to Propellerhead making the purchase directly from your account on your behalf. Absolutely criminal I say ;)

avasopht
Competition Winner

26 Feb 2016

Siberian Khatru wrote: Unless the PH Shop comes up with consistent upgrade or "finish your bundle" type policies I think this is true. I really can't see where this is a good way to proceed as a business myself, but then many companies (cellular providers, satellite providers, etc.) do the same thing by providing sweet deals to attract new customers while ignoring the faithful who pay the freight day in and day out. Dish Network actually called me once to see if I was still a happy camper and I kind of unloaded about this behavior on the poor girl. Since I had been with them at the time for 13 years, she saw my point and as a result, I got a years worth of discounts and other considerations. But I had to complain to get that which sucks. Oh well, state of the world I guess.
It's nothing to do with the "state of the world."

It works like this:
1. giving a DISCOUNT means LESS money per product, something that is not the best way to keep themselves afloat. Some discounts may not be AFFORDABLE to do all the time for all people, especially if a discount includes OTHER'S products. Think about it!
2. however there are a group of users who would never have spent money on the product, like say a pirate. In this case earning LESS than full price per item than the nothing they would have paid is a GAIN. This is the cost of user acquisition. User retention is still of utmost importance, it just costs less to do so.

Also I might add this offer is available to EVERYONE, new users and old.

Social Exodus

26 Feb 2016

avasopht wrote:
Siberian Khatru wrote: Unless the PH Shop comes up with consistent upgrade or "finish your bundle" type policies I think this is true. I really can't see where this is a good way to proceed as a business myself, but then many companies (cellular providers, satellite providers, etc.) do the same thing by providing sweet deals to attract new customers while ignoring the faithful who pay the freight day in and day out. Dish Network actually called me once to see if I was still a happy camper and I kind of unloaded about this behavior on the poor girl. Since I had been with them at the time for 13 years, she saw my point and as a result, I got a years worth of discounts and other considerations. But I had to complain to get that which sucks. Oh well, state of the world I guess.
It's nothing to do with the "state of the world."

It works like this:
1. giving a DISCOUNT means LESS money per product, something that is not the best way to keep themselves afloat. Some discounts may not be AFFORDABLE to do all the time for all people, especially if a discount includes OTHER'S products. Think about it!
2. however there are a group of users who would never have spent money on the product, like say a pirate. In this case earning LESS than full price per item than the nothing they would have paid is a GAIN. This is the cost of user acquisition. User retention is still of utmost importance, it just costs less to do so.

Also I might add this offer is available to EVERYONE, new users and old.
Meh, says you. I disagree. But let's move along by agreeing to disagree.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

avasopht
Competition Winner

26 Feb 2016

Siberian Khatru wrote: Meh, says you. I disagree. But let's move along by agreeing to disagree.
But it's not just me Siberian Khatru, .. damn near every business and hman beings comes to the same realization, that it takes more work to acquire new users or friends. It's much less effort to maintain a friendship than to make one, and the more intimate or involved the more difficult that initial process is as you will also have to justify their investment.

There's a difference between agreeing to disagree and willful ignorance.

And again, this offer is available to new and old users, so I'm failing to see how that even applies here anyway ;)

Alkua

26 Feb 2016

This is a Good deal to upgrade ($79), but I will wait to a sale, May lower the price to $49, lol

I have the Synthetic and the Mix Rigs.

In Synthetic I already own Antidote, so I will buy just for Predator and Quad, the others RE are extra.
In Mix Rig I just want FET, REA2 and GQ-7 the others are extra.

challism

26 Feb 2016

Too bad I already purchased the RE2A when it went on sale a few months ago, or I would probably pay $79 for the Mix Rig upgrade. They added FET, RPverb, RE2A, Faturator, GQ-7 and Polar. All those additions are well worth $79.

I already own RE2A and Polar. I really only want to add FET and GQ7, so I'll have to pass at $79. Maybe it will go on sale at some point, for $9. ha ha ha
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Social Exodus

26 Feb 2016

avasopht wrote:
Siberian Khatru wrote: Meh, says you. I disagree. But let's move along by agreeing to disagree.
But it's not just me Siberian Khatru, .. damn near every business and hman beings comes to the same realization, that it takes more work to acquire new users or friends. It's much less effort to maintain a friendship than to make one, and the more intimate or involved the more difficult that initial process is as you will also have to justify their investment.

There's a difference between agreeing to disagree and willful ignorance.

And again, this offer is available to new and old users, so I'm failing to see how that even applies here anyway ;)
Ok, some clarification is in order here. I'm not against business or sales in any way, and I understand why they do these things. My beef (minor, but still) is that loyal users rarely get any love from the companies they have supported long term. Now Reason is a purchased item and so is different because there is no perpetual income stream, so basically it is what it is. But the other things I mentioned, namely cellular and satellite providers are terrible at rewarding people for their continued loyalty.

So yeah, I get what you're saying here. I also use Cakewalk SONAR which is now a subscription model of like $99 a great for the Platinum version. They dish out updates about monthly which at least makes you feel like your getting a little attention from them for your money spent.
Last edited by Social Exodus on 26 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

The_G

26 Feb 2016

How do you guys feel abut the Mix Rig? There are two REs on there I have in demo mode and had already decided to purchase (GEQ7 and RE Bass Enhancer), for $135, so that would mean I'd get everything else for $165.

Of the other included REs, which ones do you guys really recommend?
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

kuhliloach

26 Feb 2016

I'm glad about the Rigs v2. I'm an owner of Backline Rig, so it shows I can upgrade for $79 to the 2.0 version. This would have been nice info for the Rigs 2 email. Since I already purchased some of the new content it is unlikely I will be purchasing the 2.0 version of this rig unless maybe the $79 update is put on sale.

What would make the Prop Shop incredibly smart? The ability to sell me exactly what I want, and don't already have, at the bundle type price. This might involve pro-rating each item.

craven

26 Feb 2016

Siberian Khatru wrote: Ok, some clarification is in order here. I'm not against business or sales in any way, and I understand why they do these things. My beef (minor, but still) is that loyal users rarely get any love from the companies they have supported long term.
At least Propellerheads offer 50% off those rigs for loyal users. Doesn't help when you have most of the REs or the rigs already, but it's a good start.
I have a feeling that we might see more deals for loyal users from now on. At least one can hope ;)
:ugeek:

CaptainBlack

26 Feb 2016

I have the mastering rig V1 and all I really want from the new additions is FET. I already have Polar. I just wish they could be more flexible with this rigs. Maybe an option to swap out one or two you're indifferent to and bring in something you've been coveting. But I suppose there are all sorts of licensing issues.

ezelkow1

26 Feb 2016

Hmm, so now I guess i have to ask myself if 79$ is worth it for antidote and quad. Certainly regret jumping on mercury during the last sale since that probably would have pushed me to do it. At this point, meh, I will definitely just wait for the summer/fall/winter sale and hope they have rig update prices on sale. Otherwise I got enough

selig
RE Developer

26 Feb 2016

craven wrote:
Siberian Khatru wrote: Ok, some clarification is in order here. I'm not against business or sales in any way, and I understand why they do these things. My beef (minor, but still) is that loyal users rarely get any love from the companies they have supported long term.
At least Propellerheads offer 50% off those rigs for loyal users. Doesn't help when you have most of the REs or the rigs already, but it's a good start.
I have a feeling that we might see more deals for loyal users from now on. At least one can hope ;)
One vision of this possibility:
Deals for "loyal" users are implemented. Then the debate becomes "hey, I've been a loyal user since version 2.0, but the folks that purchased v 7.0 get the same deal as I do - how come us uber-loyal users rarely get any love?".

I've said it before, but the Props HAVE given "loyal" (whatever that may mean) users good deals, from totally free updates, to pay-what-you-want updates, to free devices - it seems that folks want something more though. Seems they want the same deals for loyal users that are used solely to entice new users, which would mean that EVERYONE would get the same deal - and then the loyal users would likely still be pissed off: "why do we get the same deal as the new users, where's the love for us loyal users?"

To the ones who feel slighted by this approach, I would say to move on to find a company you prefer to do business with. Or email the Props directly with specific suggestions to what would make you happy. Complaining here will literally do nothing (but create a negative vibe as it is doing on FB IMO).

Or at least if you complain here, ALSO offer a specific solution that would fulfill your expectations as to what constitutes a good deal for a loyal user.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Wook

26 Feb 2016

I'm actually surprised by the lack of moaning this time. Except that Ricky Neff dude on Propellerhead FB. That's some next level of crazy.

Social Exodus

26 Feb 2016

Let me be even clearer...I LIKE these Rig Bundles and I think it's a HELL of a deal overall for many (if not most) people. But if you already bought a number of items in a given bundle, you have a law of diminishing returns which is shall we say "unfortunate" for those so afflicted. So in my own case, I am trying to do some "fuzzy math" to see if what I DON'T have is worth the price of entry, since I didn't buy a bundle to begin with. Hopefully, that makes sense.

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

joeyluck

26 Feb 2016

Maybe for the next Rig bundle, they should instead sit on a bunch of REs...that way when it is released it will be the same deal for everyone. But we know nobody here has the patience for that lol. It is what it is.

Nice bundles, but I still own too much of them to make it worth the full price for me personally. I'd be all over a 'complete the bundle' price.

MarkTarlton

26 Feb 2016

I wish they would have added some other softube stuff in the mix rig and maybe changed up the new rigs a bit...cuz I already have the FET and Dynamite...could have used the Trident EQ and TSAR(not the lil guy, the bigger one!) than I might have considered this when the time comes and it goes on sale for at least 25% which is the typical discount...than it will only be $225

dvdrtldg

26 Feb 2016

I can never understand this talk of "loyal" users "supporting" Propellerhead. It's a business transaction, right? You give them money, they give you stuff in return. You like the stuff, you want more of it, so you give them more money and get more stuff in return. Surely "loyalty" and "support" would only apply if you were giving them money for nothing - or giving them money in exchange for stuff you didn't really want, all out of kindness & love.

As for sales, yes it's annoying when you buy something at full price and then it goes on sale. But then you're paying extra for having had & enjoyed the gear since day 1.

It's capitalism. They owe you nothing. "Loyalty" in the market economy is nothing more than a clever marketing strategy, don't be suckers.

• Information