How is Blamsoft Polymodular?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Revise

24 Feb 2016

I am wondering if the Blamsoft Polymodular System is worth it... Thoughts?

Loque

24 Feb 2016

Every single device is great and usefull. Movement is a great envelope generator or can be used as a oscilator with free design of the oscilator curves/waves - this is unique in the shop.

F-16 filter looks cheap, but sound fat and clear. It has a lot different filter modes. A nust have.

Distributor can be used to play 8 devices polyphone or each after each to create a sound rotation. A Ammo device can be used similar, but Distributor is easier to use.

The Amplifier is just a mixer with envelope controle. I often missed a integrated send effekt section.

The Viking is ok, bot a not must have imo.

Creating complex polyphone sounds is, well, conplex and require a lot of devices, but you can do lot of unique stuff. Creating simple sounds like saw or square waves with Movement is... Holy sh***! You can completly modify the oscilator wave and modulate it. Here it is a shame that a Combinator has such a limited modulation section...

Its a must have imo.
Reason13, Win10

Auryn

25 Feb 2016

It's great stuff, probably my favourite RE's. It's very versatile and each of the components is quality. Viking osc is one of the best analog-emulating oscillators in reason IMHO. F16 and Movement are also awesome, but a lot of what's great about those found it's way into Zero, so if those are your biggest draw you should consider it as an alternative. A lot of Movement modulation routings that would take a while to set up in polymod are trivially easy in Zero once you understand the architecture. But if you find FM synthesis difficult to work with or are more interested in analog sounds, polymod may be a better choice.

Whether polymod's for you depends mostly on whether you like experimenting with different synthesizer architectures and signal paths. You can make unique synthesizers out of just about every oscillator available in reason, create per-voice fx setups and modulate or envelope those. If you have the patience to do some wiring (and a reasonably powerful CPU) the possibilities are limitless.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

Resonator

25 Feb 2016

Blamsoft Viking has just been released today for iOS as an AU. It's even more fun on a touch screen. :)

Viking Synth by Blamsoft, Inc.
https://appsto.re/us/CE_Rab.i

Revise

26 Feb 2016

Thanks for your input!

• Information