RG RE is now available.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
RPSupport

18 Feb 2016

Hi there, we are pleased to announce that RG-RE is now available.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/rgre-instrument/

RG is a unique groove plug-in that is far more than just a "Virtual Rhythm Guitar player!”

By using the RG on-board sequencer it is possible to create classic Rhythm Guitar grooves, but beyond that you can use the synthesizer features and effects to make fresh new edgy guitar grooves. To play the grooves RG uses a keyboard layout split into "major chords" and "minor chords", each with two sequence patterns (A or B). Additionally there are also the Power Chord, Distorted sound and Muted guitar sound banks which both have no major or minor range, but can still sequence A and B.

RG Guitar types included are: - The classic Fender Stratocaster electric guitar (major and minor7 chords) - A 8th note groove type Steel String acoustic guitar (major and minor chords) - A 16th note groove type Steel String acoustic guitar (major and minor chords) - A Power Chord groove type Distorted guitar ( 5ths chords / absense of 3rd) - Muted Low and Muted High groove type guitar (single notes / no chords)

Price 65EURO/65USD

Please check our video tutorials here http://www.robpapen.com/rg-tutorials.html
They are for the VST version but very close to the Rack Extension version.

Thank you.

Richard
Last edited by RPSupport on 18 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.

decibel

18 Feb 2016

will probably want this at some point but im so devoid of cash right now :( lol

* certainly looks like fun, thats for sure ;)
Attachments
00 papen.png
00 papen.png (346.41 KiB) Viewed 2861 times

RPSupport

18 Feb 2016

decibel wrote:will probably want this at some point but im so devoid of cash right now :( lol

Don't forget the free 30 day trial ;)

FiatLux

18 Feb 2016

Before I race out and buy.
Are you sending discount codes to existing Rob Papen product owners
(like you did with Vecto and Quad). Looking forward to this one.

decibel

18 Feb 2016

RPSupport wrote:
decibel wrote:will probably want this at some point but im so devoid of cash right now :( lol

i prefer to buy things outright, trialing just creates endless headaches with reasons authorizer, not worth it lol

sonicbyte

18 Feb 2016

I hope this doesn't sound as crappy as the demo video... :/

Benedict
Competition Winner

18 Feb 2016

So do we need to have Faith, a faith, a faith that this can deliver other types of playing than this flat Disco Funk? Or is that really all it does?

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

eusti

18 Feb 2016

Benedict wrote:So do we need to have Faith, a faith, a faith that this can deliver other types of playing than this flat Disco Funk? Or is that really all it does?

:)
If the RE is close to the VST version this could help:
http://www.robpapen.com/rg-mp3.html

D.

chimp_spanner

18 Feb 2016

Hmmm, on the fence about this one. I mean I'm definitely gonna try it (just as soon as I figure out how to move my Rack Extensions so I actually have room...anyone? ;) ) but tbh I think this'd be most useful for non-guitar stuff! And I don't mean that as a diss to the instrument. Some of the synthy/filtered examples sound really cool, and way more interesting than the straight up guitar stuff which I think A-List covers reasonably well. Definitely think this could be useful for creating underscores and organic sounding pulses. Will try as soon as I can physically fit it on my computer!

DiZo

18 Feb 2016

possible to use the device without loop sequencer and just to play the note on the keyboard? i see with the trial but nothing for now... if you have idea

RPSupport

18 Feb 2016

FiatLux wrote:Before I race out and buy.
Yes please hang on for further details.

EnochLight

18 Feb 2016

Always a pleasure to see a new RE from Papen and Co! I'll say this much - in comparison to the VST it's ported from, the RE does - as far as I can tell - virtually everything the original does and ends up looking slightly better IMHO. ;) Excellent work, Rob & Jon!

That said, I won't likely pick this up. It's more of a virtual synth guitar machine as opposed to virtual guitarist, IMHO. If you're looking for that synthetic/mechanical sound, this might be right up your alley though.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Despondo
Competition Winner

18 Feb 2016

RPSupport wrote:
I own all of your RE's, and I'm looking forward to trying this out. A discount code would be nice. Thanks! :-)

Jon

18 Feb 2016

Hi there

About this, we are currently arranging stuff with Prop about getting discount codes for people who have already our RE plugins. Also if you notice any issues with RG-RE , just let me know and I'll have a look into it for the next version.

Cheers

Jon : RPCX

Skullture

18 Feb 2016

Go Rob Papen team! This is a good one, all though i'm going for vecto in one of the next months as I feel I really need it for pads right now.

At Vero Eos

18 Feb 2016

A big Thumbs up :thumbs_up: for the Rob Papen Team! Great to see their commitment for the RE format.

challism

18 Feb 2016

decibel wrote:
RPSupport wrote:

i prefer to buy things outright, trialing just creates endless headaches with reasons authorizer, not worth it lol
So how is that working for you? The buy without try? I've only done that on a few REs which I absolutely KNEW I would love. I can imagine getting a bit disappointed not trying some REs before buying them, though. Sounds risky.

Anyway, this looks like a pretty cool RE.
I wish A-list guitars had some of the these features. Nice work!
I am eager to see what the discount is for previous RP customers.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

decibel

18 Feb 2016

challism wrote:
decibel wrote:
RPSupport wrote:

So how is that working for you? The buy without try? I've only done that on a few REs which I absolutely KNEW I would love. I can imagine getting a bit disappointed not trying some REs before buying them, though. Sounds risky.

Anyway, this looks like a pretty cool RE.
I wish A-list guitars had some of the these features. Nice work!
I am eager to see what the discount is for previous RP customers.
my decisions are usually influenced by good product demonstrations such as videos and sound demos as well as what other users have to report here,, most things i purchase meet my expectations, although theres been a few things ive brought that gather dust because they just dont fit the music im doing or i havent had the time to properly learn how to use them lol, theres quite a few things that i have purchased during sales that i would not have brought at normal price that i am pretty happy with as well, so there have been a few pleasant surprises along the way.

so in general its working just fine for me :) my racks are beyond well equipped these days its great having so many options at my disposal when im building a tune etc , im still using R7 and apart from the RV7000 upgrade i have had no desire to move onto R8 yet, i am hoping R9 is full of new features and goodies though as im keen for a change of scenery

Dante

18 Feb 2016

Is it just me or I cant see a demo of Distorted guitar ( 5ths chords ) ?

eusti

18 Feb 2016

Dante wrote:Is it just me or I cant see a demo of Distorted guitar ( 5ths chords ) ?
Here are the demos for the VST version: http://www.robpapen.com/rg-mp3.html
Check out the stuff about a third of the page down...

D.

decibel

18 Feb 2016

RPSupport wrote:

please be quick, my gear aquirement syndrome is kicking in hard yeah, there are a bunch of new rack extensions that are all fighting for my wallets attention right now and i dont know how much longer i can hold out etc :) lol, next pay day is looming and all things need to weighed up and taken into consideration yeah

at a glimpse, based on the examples demonstrating this device im not sure if would really get used that much in what i do, but i love that rob papen is so pro active in reason and thats almost enough for me to want to support his ongoing commitment here, so if the discount is decent i might just grab it anyway so i can encourage rob to keep bringing new stuff for us reason users ;)

Jmax

18 Feb 2016

After buying Power Chords I wasn't really impressed. Sure there were some nice riffs but in general it just sounded very basic with a few limited options and descent combinator patches.

On the other hand I have the VST version of the RG and it blows Power Chords out of the water, and sounds way better as well. I haven't listened to the demo of this Re yet or seen the video but if it's anything like it's big brother count me in. I also appreciate the 1 million patches Papen's crew offers up.

Jmax

18 Feb 2016

Jmax wrote:After buying Power Chords I wasn't really impressed. Sure there were some nice riffs but in general it just sounded very basic with a few limited options and descent combinator patches.

On the other hand I have the VST version of the RG and it blows Power Chords out of the water, and sounds way better as well. I haven't listened to the demo of this Re yet or seen the video but if it's anything like it's big brother count me in. I also appreciate the 1 million patches Papen's crew offers up.
Can't stand the women's voice in the demo though.. boring.

joeyluck

18 Feb 2016

Jmax wrote:After buying Power Chords I wasn't really impressed. Sure there were some nice riffs but in general it just sounded very basic with a few limited options and descent combinator patches.
Not sure if you are using the CV inputs of Power Chords... Many people tend to overlook the CV inputs of the A-List series and the use of something like a Matrix to create their own patterns/phrases. I know I did all the way up until I purchased Pop Chords! Very versatile when utilized.

Jmax

18 Feb 2016

joeyluck wrote:
Not sure if you are using the CV inputs of Power Chords... Many people tend to overlook the CV inputs of the A-List series and the use of something like a Matrix to create their own patterns/phrases. I know I did all the way up until I purchased Pop Chords! Very versatile when utilized.
Good call I hadn't tried the CV option with power chords yet but sounds promising.

• Information