RG RE is now available.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Ashpool

24 Feb 2016

I own every RE from RP (except Quad and RP Dist) and I have registered them after purchase in the Prop Shop. However, still did not get any discount code. Do I miss something here? Or do I just need to be patient?

decibel

24 Feb 2016

maybe check your spam folder ???

Ashpool

24 Feb 2016

That's the first thing I did when I noticed that the discount codes are on their way. But nope, it was empty. :?

Jon

24 Feb 2016

Hi there

I think Rob emailed everyone who has one of our previous RES, though of course if you have changed email or your server doesn't like the email you might not have got it. If so send me a pm me with your email address, and some sort of proof of purchase of our REs, and we'll get back in contact.

Cheers

Jon : RPCX

Gulale

24 Feb 2016

Rob Papen has send me 30% off discount code and if anyone interested to have it, please don't hesitate to contact me. I don't even have Reason now so No use for me.
Gulale aka Bereket

Ashpool

24 Feb 2016

Hi Jon,
PM send ;)

Ashpool

24 Feb 2016

Got the discount code.
Thanks for the great support, Jon!

challism

24 Feb 2016

OK, cool. I just sent you a PM with my paypal receipt info. Looking forward to that discount code. Thanks for continuing to add great REs to the Reason platform Rob Papen & Co. This next week is too busy for me to trial or buy anything, but I'm looking forward to trying this out next week.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Vigner

24 Feb 2016

Hi!!

I purchased Predator and I too haven't received any email regarding a discount!!

What can i do?

Loque

24 Feb 2016

Did you guys whom didnt received a mail, checked the "send me info from xyz" checkbox when you baught your REs?
Reason12, Win10

challism

24 Feb 2016

Vigner wrote:Hi!!

I purchased Predator and I too haven't received any email regarding a discount!!

What can i do?
Send Jon a PM with proof of your purchase. He will send you a discount code. He can be found earlier in this thread.

challism

25 Feb 2016

I would like to point out here, for those who are always complaining that REs are priced much higher than their VST counterparts, this RE is priced at a very reasonable $65. The VST version of this same device appears to be $99 on Rob Papen's website. So.... thanks again to Rob & Co for once again looking out for us tweakers. :)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Feb 2016

Here's a song where I've used RGRE quite a bit. I wrote it for the RGRE Song Challenge.

Eagleizer

28 Feb 2016

challism wrote:I own Predator, but I never registered it. I don't ever register my REs after I buy them. So how would I go about getting a discount code for this product? Does the discount code apply to owners of Predator?
Send them an email with proof of your previous purchase.

Cheers :)

EDIT:

Dont`t know how I got so late on that advice.. See you got it already... LOL

mbfrancis

29 Feb 2016

Am I missing the point of this RE? To me none of the patches or patterns sound at all like an actual guitarist playing, with the exception of some of the heavy distorted ones, or the simplest single strum ones. Am I doing something wrong? Is this more of a creative sound generator?
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

dvdrtldg

29 Feb 2016

mbfrancis wrote:Is this more of a creative sound generator?
As far as I'm concerned, yes

And an extremely cool one too

And in Australian dollars with the 30% discount, it only costs $66.00 :|

decibel

29 Feb 2016

still on the fence with this one to be honest, based on the examples that are out there i cant really see it getting much use in what i do, would be good if i could use it to control other sounds.. the only reason i would probably buy it is to support rob papen etc

challism

29 Feb 2016

decibel wrote:still on the fence with this one to be honest, based on the examples that are out there i cant really see it getting much use in what i do, would be good if i could use it to control other sounds.. the only reason i would probably buy it is to support rob papen etc
For what it's worth, you can use its sequencer's cv outs to run other devices. It supports both gate and note cv out.

I'm really loving this RE. It's capable of making some very interesting sounds and it's funky as hell.

RPSupport

01 Mar 2016

challism wrote:
decibel wrote:still on the fence with this one to be honest, based on the examples that are out there i cant really see it getting much use in what i do, would be good if i could use it to control other sounds.. the only reason i would probably buy it is to support rob papen etc
For what it's worth, you can use its sequencer's cv outs to run other devices. It supports both gate and note cv out.

I'm really loving this RE. It's capable of making some very interesting sounds and it's funky as hell.
Glad you are enjoying it. :)

RPSupport

01 Mar 2016

mbfrancis wrote:Am I missing the point of this RE? To me none of the patches or patterns sound at all like an actual guitarist playing, with the exception of some of the heavy distorted ones, or the simplest single strum ones. Am I doing something wrong? Is this more of a creative sound generator?
RG was never meant to be a direct emulation of a guitar for ultra realism(although it does a good job in some cases :) ). It's more of a creative guitar like rhythm synthesiser. ;)

Neko the Jaguar

01 Mar 2016

RPSupport wrote:
challism wrote:

Glad you are enjoying it. :)
I paid for my RE a few days before I got the discount. Is there any way to use the discount on another product, or can I be refunded the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbfrancis

02 Mar 2016

RPSupport wrote:
mbfrancis wrote:Am I missing the point of this RE? To me none of the patches or patterns sound at all like an actual guitarist playing, with the exception of some of the heavy distorted ones, or the simplest single strum ones. Am I doing something wrong? Is this more of a creative sound generator?
RG was never meant to be a direct emulation of a guitar for ultra realism(although it does a good job in some cases :) ). It's more of a creative guitar like rhythm synthesiser. ;)
Yeah that's what I figured, thanks for the response!
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Ahornberg

03 Mar 2016

just for fun

• Information