JPS Harmonic Synthesizer in the shop. $79 US

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
joeyluck

15 Feb 2016

The mod wheel doesn't seem to do anything for any patch I've tried

[EDIT] Nevermind. I see it needs to be assigned via the Dynamic Filter Section

willowman

15 Feb 2016

Lizard wrote:If you are a Nektar Panorama owner I have made a map for the JPS. If you want to update head to this thread :

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7491466
cheers lizard, you're a diamond sir.
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

Lizard

15 Feb 2016

willowman wrote:
Lizard wrote:If you are a Nektar Panorama owner I have made a map for the JPS. If you want to update head to this thread :

cheers lizard, you're a diamond sir.
All cool brother. The latest maps cover his commentator series as well as the Combo X705. If you haven't tried that one check it out too!

Faastwalker

15 Feb 2016

This looks fantastic. Nice work, JP ;)

eusti

15 Feb 2016

Congrats to both Jiggery and Scuzzy! :)

D.

dvdrtldg

15 Feb 2016

It's not really my kind of synth, but hot damn, it sure is purty. Tempted to buy it just so I can look at it in the rack

dstreets

16 Feb 2016

This is one of those instruments that sit very well in a mix. I currently have 4-5 tunes in production in Reason and have already placed the JPS as either replacement or compliment to an existing keyboard/pad track on a number of them. It adds a depth/dimension apart from most of the other instruments that I have heard and purchased maybe with the exception of Re-Tron.

Eagleizer

16 Feb 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote:Thanks everyone. And a big up to ScuzzyEye for helping bring it to fruition with me.

Any issues, please do email me at my usual support address.
Congrats Matt! It looks and sounds fantastic! Must have!

Cheers :)

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

16 Feb 2016

I've posted this in the Remote™ thread, but I'll add the standard plain file here as well.
Attachments
JPS_Harmonic_Synthesizer_Remote.txt
(4.85 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

chimp_spanner

16 Feb 2016

I really wanted this to be "cool but not my thing". But it's just so versatile. The dual harmonic generators sound so filthy when you detune and overdrive them. Audio in, so it's a great multi-fx device. Awesome interface. Lots of CV options. Honestly this is great stuff guys. Next month, Decimort and Harmonic Synthesizer it is. Then...THEN I'm done.

For a while.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

16 Feb 2016

If you have TMA-4 and TMA-9, you can check out a few explanatory patches in Combinators/TMA Tutorials.

The Thor-only version of the BV512 controlled drone patch is also in that folder. (I meant to do a copy without the TMA in the main Combi folder but it appears I forgot).
JPS_HS_TMA.png
JPS_HS_TMA.png (316.69 KiB) Viewed 2692 times

scifunk

16 Feb 2016

I'm a bit put off by the poor build quality. Some bent fader knobs already ;-)

Looks fun this - will give it a go.

dancing fool

16 Feb 2016

Great RE.
Price is higher then i was hoping for.
But it worth it.
So have to wait thill the end of the month.
Thill then i just Try it together with Lectric Panda PSQ1684

Yonatan

16 Feb 2016

And I who thought my synth needs had ended with Parsec and Antidote...better take a bite of the apple.

O1B

16 Feb 2016

Thanks, Lizard!

petec

16 Feb 2016

Haven't bought an RE in at least 2 years. About to break drought...............................

Benedict
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2016

This is a beaut.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

anko

16 Feb 2016

just had a play with the demo for quite some time and i gotta say i love it.

rarely do i sit down with a new synth and find myself spinning new sounds from existing patches and from scratch where it's just so much actual fun! :D and i agree with the above comment that it's nice for creating sounds that sit well in the mix.

the example patches with the monolith comments are a very cool idea too. :)

congratulations to all involved. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

now, just a small matter of squeezing some liquidity from my next meagre pay... (doh!).

popp

17 Feb 2016

Congrats and extra thumps up for the manual - how cool is that!
Super Dabbler

jappe

17 Feb 2016

Gz to the Re, it looks so beautiful!

The effect array makes me think Caustic.
Can't wait to try this!

K1TTENM1TTEN

18 Feb 2016

Congrats on the release!!! I have had an absolute blast with this thing, and continue to do so. It is just so easy making quality patches with this! Pads sound lush, leads sound fierce, and basses sound dirty. Overall, I am incredibly impressed with this and I finally have a synth RE in my rack that will let Antidote sit in the passenger seat for a little while.

Libraquaricorn

18 Feb 2016

I'll definitely own this by the end of 2016: It's number 1 on my wish list. Number 2 is PSQ-1684...

DNA Apocalypse

19 Feb 2016

Jiggery-pokery + synthesizer= sonic excellence! Great job on the synth Matt!
DNA-LABS-SOFTWARE.COM :reason: :refill: :re:

paulred67

20 Feb 2016

I haven't tried it yet, because it's too tempting. I own all of JP's organs which are great but I have spent a lot on Melodyne upgrade and other software and I expect Reason upgrade this year. But one day.....take my money. :)
Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Feb 2016

I'm trying this thing out right now. I'll be honest, when it first popped up in the shop I didn't think this kind of "emulation of old synth" was for me, but some of the demos made me interested so I went ahead and downloaded/tried it. First impression is that is a really cool synth and it can do some sounds I haven't heard from my other Reason synths. Love the lo-fi, gritty tones I can get from it.
It's a bit pricey, but I think it should be. Seems like the developer really put a lot of effort into making this a great sounding, fun to tweak product. And the effects sound great too.
I really shouldn't buy more REs right now, but I suspect I'll buy this thing sooner or later.

• Information