Iridium Distortion Synth in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
joeyluck

14 Feb 2016

Tincture wrote:You really are a cock joey
Was certainly not my intention. Whether it was a slip-up or auto-correct, I found it funny.

Faastwalker

14 Feb 2016

joeyluck wrote: Hehe this made me giggle. It's IDT as in Instrument Development Toolkit. Rather than IDK as in 'I don't know.'
But there are many things made with the IDK because I don't know how many plugins work haha
My bad. I thought it was called the Instrument Development Kit. Anyway, you knew what I meant :?

Bonkhead

14 Feb 2016

Badumtssss

DLDTech

14 Feb 2016

eusti wrote: Yes. I was trying to say that the developers know best what works and how much videos / sound examples help...
But of course it's tough to precisely pinpoint even for them as they might not want to risk releasing two similar products one with audio / video examples and one without just to test this theory... :puf_bigsmile:

D.
Well I can say that soundcloud + youtube views for DLD products are quite high - they tend to sit around 4-5000 plays for the synths. Certainly much much higher than actual sales :cry:

It can be quite time consuming making the audio demos and videos (especially if you suck at writing music like I do!). However, there's plenty of people here that are quite happy help out for the cost of a free copy and a bit of recognition.
Megasaur Supersaw synth now released Follow @DLDTechnology for new stuff!

joeyluck

14 Feb 2016

Faastwalker wrote:
joeyluck wrote: Hehe this made me giggle. It's IDT as in Instrument Development Toolkit. Rather than IDK as in 'I don't know.'
But there are many things made with the IDK because I don't know how many plugins work haha
My bad. I thought it was called the Instrument Development Kit. Anyway, you knew what I meant :?
Of course. Sorry, if it came across the wrong way :redface: Was not looking for it to come across as me trying to correct you and was not laughing at you. Was just outlining it so it would be easier to follow how it was funny to me when I read it :puf_smile:

Skrock
RE Developer

14 Feb 2016

Sorry about the lack of demo stuff in the shop, it's a one man operation. I've added a short demo track, should be visible shortly.

I think of Iridium as a supplement to all the other synths Reason has to offer. In this demo I only use Iridium except for a single note pad (Aurora) and the drums. Iridium does not do 80's lush pads well lol :thumbs_up:
https://www.skrockmusic.com/
https://soundcloud.com/derekstrike
https://soundcloud.com/marcusbits
I make music in Reason using using Skrock synths and the creative tools from other developers!

joeyluck

14 Feb 2016

M.B wrote:Sorry about the lack of demo stuff in the shop, it's a one man operation. I've added a short demo track, should be visible shortly.

I think of Iridium as a supplement to all the other synths Reason has to offer. In this demo I only use Iridium except for a single note pad (Aurora) and the drums. Iridium does not do 80's lush pads well lol :thumbs_up:
This sounds awesome! Great work!

I seem to like to use everything with the ABL3. Just like I do with DLD's Megasaur, I have been linking Iridium up via CV and playing it along with the ABL3 via ABL3's sequencer. Another great combo. Creating lines very similar to what you have done in this example, but with a 303 in the mix.

superpop

14 Feb 2016

iridium is ugly, dirty and cheap.

it's for me. :puf_bigsmile:

joeyluck

14 Feb 2016

Here's an example I was talking about with ABL3. You may know the tune. ABL3 sequencer controlling Iridium.
Iridium by itself at 0:32. I think it passes as a good synth guitar :D

Skullture

14 Feb 2016

joeyluck wrote:Here's an example I was talking about with ABL3. You may know the tune. ABL3 sequencer controlling Iridium.

Hi Joey can you post your ABL3 patch of Aerodynamic here? Better then a midi version imo. :puf_bigsmile:

joeyluck

14 Feb 2016

Skullture wrote:
joeyluck wrote:Here's an example I was talking about with ABL3. You may know the tune. ABL3 sequencer controlling Iridium.

Hi Joey can you post your ABL3 patch of Aerodynamic here? Better then a midi version imo. :puf_bigsmile:
Sure thing! What I actually did for this was use a MIDI file, the EMI, and the step record function of ABL3 to get the pattern into ABL3.
Funny, many folks are trying to get pattern to track and I'm doing the opposite lol

Two Combinator patches. They use an A/B Switch RE (free) which is just used to turn on and off the LFO sent by Subtractor. There is an Echobode on Iridium for a slight phaser.

[EDIT] Uploaded the wrong one. Here's the newer files:
Aerodynamic ABL3.zip
(12.3 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Skullture

14 Feb 2016

joeyluck wrote:
Skullture wrote:

Sure thing! What I actually did for this was use a MIDI file, the EMI, and the step record function of ABL3 to get the pattern into ABL3.
Funny, many folks are trying to get pattern to track and I'm doing the opposite lol

Two Combinator patches. They use an A/B Switch RE (free) which is just used to turn on and off the LFO sent by Subtractor. There is an Echobode on Iridium for a slight phaser.

[EDIT] Uploaded the wrong one. Here's the newer files:
Aerodynamic ABL3.zip
Thanks! I'll upload my Da Funk ABL3 on here soon too.

Neko the Jaguar

14 Feb 2016

Lets be real. The listener doesn't care where the sound came from or how it got to their ears. All they want to do is enjoy the sounds. Whatever one may use to please their crowd is irrelevant. I like these cheaper synths because they are simple and probably won't be used by many people since they don't have tons of features. Oh well.

eusti

14 Feb 2016

M.B wrote:Sorry about the lack of demo stuff in the shop, it's a one man operation. I've added a short demo track, should be visible shortly.

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing. Synth is definitely on my look into list now! :)

D.

eusti

14 Feb 2016

DLDTech wrote:Well I can say that soundcloud + youtube views for DLD products are quite high - they tend to sit around 4-5000 plays for the synths. Certainly much much higher than actual sales :cry:

It can be quite time consuming making the audio demos and videos (especially if you suck at writing music like I do!). However, there's plenty of people here that are quite happy help out for the cost of a free copy and a bit of recognition.
Thank you for letting us peek behind the scenes... ;)
I'm sorry your sales numbers are not at higher levels! I like both of your synths!

D.

EnochLight

15 Feb 2016

Tincture wrote:You really are a cock joey
Someone really does need an extended time out.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

joeyluck

19 Feb 2016

How is this rated 3.9 right now? I would expect higher. Maybe some folks here haven't rated yet?
Still a good rating, but what expectations do folks have of a $9 synth? This goes above and beyond IMO with a nice looking GUI and great sounds for the price.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Feb 2016

Just finished my Iridium track. All synth sounds are made with this synth.
Kind of has an old school Prodigy vibe to it.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 21 Feb 2016, edited 4 times in total.

Lizard

19 Feb 2016

I've added support for Iridium for Nektar Panorama Users in the Unofficial Map thread. Updated map can be located below.

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7491466

Loque

20 Feb 2016

joeyluck wrote:How is this rated 3.9 right now? I would expect higher. Maybe some folks here haven't rated yet?
Still a good rating, but what expectations do folks have of a $9 synth? This goes above and beyond IMO with a nice looking GUI and great sounds for the price.
Yes, somtimes the ratings are weird... I actually baught it, because it sound nice and the pitch envelope is fun. As soon as i checked it out a bit deeper, i gonnate rate it.
Reason12, Win10

Majestik Monkey

23 Feb 2016

Thanks for a great little Synth MB .... Love it as it is ,
but would you consider a possible 4 stage Bit crush 16,12, 8, 6 , So we can go all YA YA Ya :puf_bigsmile:

Dafydd

25 Feb 2016

I really liked this thing. It doesn't have portamento though, it doesn't appear to be possible to use the mod wheel with it (except by wrapping it in a combinator), and what's the poly button doing on the back of the device? I seem to remember having similar issues with Nautilus.

Anyway, where are people getting the idea that it's an IDT device?

Majestik Monkey

26 Feb 2016

Dafydd wrote:I really liked this thing. It doesn't have portamento though, it doesn't appear to be possible to use the mod wheel with it (except by wrapping it in a combinator), and what's the poly button doing on the back of the device? I seem to remember having similar issues with Nautilus.

Anyway, where are people getting the idea that it's an IDT device?
Because of the lack of CV inputs , i guess ..........

dusan.cani

09 Dec 2018

This is an excellent device. Already bought it. Very satisfied. As somebody said in another thread, it excells at basses. But I am able to get also lead sounds. It very nice sits in the mix, it sounds very good with other instruments. With careful programming, it's posibble to get a lot of variations in the sound timbre. I like also pitch envs, they can add good character to the sounds. Curve for envs is very useful feature. The global eq can shape resulting sound further to add a lot of characters (especially when high drive is used for heavy distorted sounds). Per generator eqs do the good job as well. To extend the modulation possibilities, I wrapped it in the combinator and I've had a lot of fun - additional vibrato, modwheel assignment, modulating drive with pulsar's LFO...whatever you could imagine :)

moneykube

09 Dec 2018

bought during acquire racks addiction moment :oops: ...still need to play around with it lol
my name is Darryl, and I am addicted to purchasing rack extentions... the voices tell me to.
My addiction is so severe that I have never tried the try option... please help :lol:
Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 9.02.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 9.02.57 PM.png (87.12 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information